I'm 23 now but will i live to see 24, the ways things are going, i don't know

November Rain

Single Mother
Reaction score
A memorable lyric from coolio and lv's gansta's paradise, a mid 90s smash hit.

I remember thinking, that 23 sounded so old when i was twelve. I was singing the song to myself the other day and realised that i was infact 23...

it took the edge off...

meh...

:whatever:

Well, honestly after being shot when I was just 16, I didn't believe I'd be making it to 22 yet here I am. The way the world is right now, I have some doubts about seeing 30. But hey...I can atleast say it's been a hell of a ride thus far.

**** living in brooklyn shortens my life span by about 45%. =/

Yea I just turned 23 in Jan as well:o

Well, honestly after being shot when I was just 16, I didn't believe I'd be making it to 22 yet here I am. The way the world is right now, I have some doubts about seeing 30. But hey...I can atleast say it's been a hell of a ride thus far.

**** living in brooklyn shortens my life span by about 45%. =/
you got banned again shyair?

tsk tsk...

you got banned again shyair?

tsk tsk...
Shyair? Who? :o

But yeah. Certain People...
Dew K Mosi :whatever:
like to hold grudges. My previous name was banned without reason after sustaining itself for almost two years, with everyone knowing who I was. But who cares about all that.

Mortality does bring on depression at times :dry:

I'm only 19...not sure whether I feel old at present...but I wish I could feel older. I just feel like a kid. :(

I still can't believe I'm 18.

I thought I'd never see that day.

I feel actually more comfortable in my skin. I'm kind of glad and suprised I've managed to survive this long.

Great song.

I'm already starting to feel old at the age of 20. The other day I heard some girl talking about how a person turning 18 was "so old." I was like man, I remember thinking that lol.

I didn't think I was only a year younger than you you Pickles.

Everyone on here seems mature. I'm just a chubby british kid who should be going to university in september. :dry:

i find the notion of people on the internet getting older incredibly puzzling...

i still see lee as being like 15, how bizzare

:o

Is that because we first started talking when I was at that age? :dry:

That was nearly 4 years ago now haha.

I'm nearly out of college...when i started talking on here...I had 1 year left at school.

I didn't think I was only a year younger than you you Pickles.

Everyone on here seems mature. I'm just a chubby british kid who should be going to university in september. :dry:

You seem young at heart Lee, and that's a good thing! :yay:

Shyair? Who? :o

But yeah. Certain People...
Dew K Mosi :whatever:
like to hold grudges. My previous name was banned without reason after sustaining itself for almost two years, with everyone knowing who I was. But who cares about all that.

Mortality does bring on depression at times :dry:
well after reading your post, you've talked about being shot numerous times before, besides, the '108' kinda gave it away... That's somewhat unfortunate, i haven't seen you get into an argument of recent.

as for something along the lines of the thread topic, is life really that bad that turning 30 seems like a slight longshot? Why don't you simply uproot yourself, i know the thought of dying young(ish) may not be as big of a deal to you as others but it does seem to plague on your mind slightly. WHy not simply remove the obstacles from your path once you get the chance to, your pretty much old enough to now.

I dunno Lee. I never really saw you as being ...younger than me. I thought you were either my age or older. You carry yourself maturely. So I never really noticed your age over the years.

Well...yeah I wouldn't go so far as to call me immature but I'm not as grown up as some people my age. But I mean that in terms of the fact that although I'm growing up, I haven't forgotten who I was and who i am and the things that I like.

Heck, I still like comics and cartoons and family films and such. I mean some people expect to just let go of that.

I mean, I admit my room is covered in Spider man stuff but that's only cuz I'm a fan. :up:

If i ever moved in with my girlfriend, I'm sure that would change, how ever.

But f**k what others think. I am who I wanna be!

Is that because we first started talking when I was at that age? :dry:

That was nearly 4 years ago now haha.

I'm nearly out of college...when i started talking on here...I had 1 year left at school.
ya, as well as thos first pics you took of yourself on the tb.

it was quite funny back then, you used to ask for help on how to host and show pics, now you pretty much have more pictures up on the hype than anyone else...it's just funny to remember such times.

I think without constant visual confirmation, you always remember people from their first pics posted.

Well...yeah I wouldn't go so far as to call me immature but I'm not as grown up as some people my age. But I mean that in terms of the fact that although I'm growing up, I haven't forgotten who I was and who i am and the things that I like.

Heck, I still like comics and cartoons and family films and such. I mean some people expect to just let go of that.

I mean, I admit my room is covered in Spider man stuff but that's only cuz I'm a fan. :up:

If i ever moved in with my girlfriend, I'm sure that would change, how ever.

But f**k what others think. I am who I wanna be!

And that's what's important! Seriously, we're still very young. There's NO need to grow up too fast because old age will be here before we know it. :csad:

I dunno Lee. I never really saw you as being ...younger than me. I thought you were either my age or older. You carry yourself maturely. So I never really noticed your age over the years.

Haha, Yeah like I said. I'm not an immature person, but I like things that people would consider immature. but that's because they are frickin bastards who can't understand that everyone has their own rights to what they like and what they don't like! :up:

But thanks dude. :)

It's nice to be noticed as an individual who isn't immature...like some of the posters on these boards. Some who say they are older than me to..:o

I'm 29 now, but will I live to see 30? The way things are going, it ain't looking so....purty. :dry:

And that's what's important! Seriously, we're still very young. There's NO need to grow up too fast because old age will be here before we know it. :csad:

Well, I'm a very creative person and because of that I have alot more say and individualism, or at least I try to.

Being in the arts helps to be yourself. :yay:

well after reading your post, you've talked about being shot numerous times before, besides, the '108' kinda gave it away... That's somewhat unfortunate, i haven't seen you get into an argument of recent.

as for something along the lines of the thread topic, is life really that bad that turning 30 seems like a slight longshot? Why don't you simply uproot yourself, i know the thought of dying young(ish) may not be as big of a deal to you as others but it does seem to plague on your mind slightly. WHy not simply remove the obstacles from your path once you get the chance to, your pretty much old enough to now.
You're more observant than I even wanna give you credit for :o

But seriously, it's like every time I make a step towards a "promised land" of sorts where my life line would seem a lot more promising than it does as of late, whether it would be short lived or not, it has a habit of taking a dump on my excitement before I even get to experience any real levity.

But I don't intend to give up on life or anything of the sort. I'm not one for submitting to weaknesses :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"