• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm digging the choice of villains

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
Mostly since they're villains who would be a seriously low priority for Marvel to develop in a feature film.

Graviton would never be used as an Avengers villain when they have yet to fight High Evolutionary, Namor, MODOK or Kang. Blizzard is far more important to the Thunderbolts than he is to Iron Man and his rivalry with Tony has never been more than just being hired muscle. Lorelei has never been Thor's greatest threat when you consider Surtur, Perrikus, Enchantress, Chaos King, etc. Blacklash is too similar to Whiplash which would make him redundant in an Iron Man sequel. Now we've got Absorbing Man and Mister Hyde who've never been Hulk's biggest threats. Hulk still has yet to fight Leader, Red Hulk, Maestro, Agamemnon, Flux, Madman, Mercy, Red King, etc.

So these are villains who may be cool but we'd otherwise never see if it weren't for this show.

I agree with that. The only character I felt they were taking someone who could have been in a movie was Talbot.

Talbot is still alive and not really a villain. Nothing prevents him from playing a supporting role in a film.

Last we saw him, he seemed to be on good terms with SHIELD. However, he's likely gonna return in the 2015 eps.

Mostly since they're villains who would be a seriously low priority for Marvel to develop in a feature film.

So these are villains who may be cool but we'd otherwise never see if it weren't for this show.

Agreed. This show is a great medium to showcase interesting Marvel villains who otherwise would not likely be seen in the MCU.

Wow. I actually forgot about Graviton. I wonder if they'll finally have him make a full-fledged appearance, or if they were satisfied just with teasing it...

It would be interesting to see some of the villains of teh upcoming netflix shows, debut on AOS first (to add continuity)

Cal/Hyde would be a good one. Pop up in AOS occasionally to annoy Daisy and cause havok, while being the big bad in a season of Daredevil

I woud love to see a Luke Cage-Carl Creel heavyweight throwdown in his solo Netflix series.

I woud love to see a Luke Cage-Carl Creel heavyweight throwdown in his solo Netflix series.

I'd just be happy to see a show where the token black guy doesn't get killed off :)

I'd just be happy to see a show where the token black guy doesn't get killed off :)

To be fair to AoS, out of the five characters in the temple at the show's climax there was only one caucasian.

It would be interesting to see some of the villains of teh upcoming netflix shows, debut on AOS first (to add continuity)

Cal/Hyde would be a good one. Pop up in AOS occasionally to annoy Daisy and cause havok, while being the big bad in a season of Daredevil
TBH, Hyde won't be the "big bad" on DD. That's D'Onofrio's job. That said, it could be neat to see him in an episode or two.

To be fair to AoS, out of the five characters in the temple at the show's climax there was only one caucasian.

Of the team members killed, how many were black?

What's your point? That all black characters on AoS should be immortal?

The show has done a very good job in putting a diverse cast on screen, and that was particularly noticeable during the climax. It sucks to lose Tripp, but the character was the most expendable.

I also think it's good that there is a a pool of villains that are still alive somewhere, so that if recognisable henchmen or minor villains are needed that won't get much attention or development, they can be used. I think that's better than just introducing random minor villains out of nowhere. So if for example the Thunderbolts would at some point make an appearance we could now easily have Graviton, Blizzard, Absorbing Man, Blacklash, Mr. Hyde and maybe Deathlok. In addition to the likes of Crossbones and Abomination.

No race has been exempt going back to season 1.

Over the season? Only 1 of 3. Neither Hartley nor Idaho were black.

And that doesn't include all the random SHIELD agents that died in the raid on the Belgian safehouse, including the Belgian lady who was apparently their regional sub-director.

Over the season? Only 1 of 3. Neither Hartley nor Idaho were black.

And that doesn't include all the random SHIELD agents that died in the raid on the Belgian safehouse, including the Belgian lady who was apparently their regional sub-director.

This stems from me making a joke about knowing Luke Cage can't be killed when he fights a white guy.

Get your white guilt in check people.

No guilt here and I'm not white.

The second part explains the first part :)

I don't subscribe to the Kill The Black Guy theory either in all honesty. Just jokin around as it's been mentioned so many times on the board.

I think Tripp was a boring character, weak actor and a S1 plot device that they had to take care of but it doesn't stop me making fun of people who take themselves a bit too seriously.

The second part explains the first part :)

I don't subscribe to the Kill The Black Guy theory either in all honesty. Just jokin around as it's been mentioned so many times on the board.

I think Tripp was a boring character, weak actor and a S1 plot device that they had to take care of but it doesn't stop me making fun of people who take themselves a bit too seriously.

I agree.

TBH, Hyde won't be the "big bad" on DD. That's D'Onofrio's job. That said, it could be neat to see him in an episode or two.

I agree. It would be cool if he showed up in Daredevil a couple of times. Alternatively, maybe Daredevil could guest-star in an episode of AoS and help Coulson's team to fight Hyde.

I'll also give a salute to Reed Diamond for doing a nice job playing the uber-villainous Whitehall, recently deceased.

It would be cool if Batroc made an appearance on AOS. seems like it could be somewhat possible.

in all seriousness you knew between Tripp and Mack one of them was going to die this season they did surprise me on who it was though lol

on another note would Gravitron make a good villain for the defenders to have to team up for to defeat or is he too much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"