Dark of the Moon IMAX?... not really

xwolverine2

Arkham Assassin
Reaction score
i was reading the technical spec of this movie.. and it turns out it wasnt shot with an imax camera...
so the dark knight& TF2 remain the only films to really utitlize the camera :csad:

not just that but the cameras used werent even 65mm, or the digital equivalent of imax 70mm (EPIC camera)....

so its just a regurlarly convereted-to-imax movie...

the fusion camera wasnt even used for the whole movie either

extremely dissapointing... i guess there's always spiderman and dark knight rises

Last edited:
I thought this was common knowledge the minute they said they used James Camerons fusion 3D tech.

For what it's worth, TF2 used imax camera's and this will look better.

i thought at least some would be imax like TF2...

this is a step down

It probably won't even be that big of a deal..

AGreed.
Plus to shoot a movie in 3d , you'd have to use digital cameras.
Imax cameras use real filmstock and digital cameras just aren't powerful enough to create images at IMAX resolution.

As for not using the 3d camera the whole time, he used it for everything but close up dramatic shots of faces. So I could careless if those are post converted.

I was really upset they didn't use more of the IMAX in TF2. I went expecting something at the level of TDK but it was only a few scenes that I don't think added too much by being in IMAX. The whole film being in 3D should be interesting though.

i'm sure this won't be a big deal, the few reviewers who liked it said the 3d was tops.

3d was good but definitely not on the level of Avatar as suggested

ill take imax over 3d anyday.... but the 3d in this movie was pretty amazing

3d was good but definitely not on the level of Avatar as suggested

if you say so.

actually I never have a good experience with TF films in Imax, the screens too big for shakycam.

didn't get the chance to see the film in IMAX, like TF2, did the film ratio increase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"