The Dark Knight Pfister to Preview The Dark Knight

I wonder what, if anything new will come out of this.
He'll be speaking to his peers so i'd imagine this close to the release he'll want to show something special. Probably one or two of the scenes he shot with the IMAX cameras.

He'll be speaking to his peers so i'd imagine this close to the release he'll want to show something special. Probably one or two of the scenes he shot with the IMAX cameras.
I'm sure a lot of it will go over my head, but my friend says cinematography jargon easy to pick up. We'll see, I suppose. :oldrazz: I always did think it was cool, at any rate.

I'm sure a lot of it will go over my head, but my friend says cinematography jargon easy to pick up. We'll see, I suppose. :oldrazz: I always did think it was cool, at any rate.

you're going?

oh, and my t-shirt came from threadless! :D

you're going?

oh, and my t-shirt came from threadless! :D
I registered, so yeah. :oldrazz: I won't take chances and bring my digital camera, but I have very good photographic memory (and I can draw on the fly) so I'll report back!

My shirt came last week. :yay: Isn't it adorable?

Good, a few hype members will be present. Have fun!:yay:

the first time we met i seem to remember you creeping up on me

:cwink:
That is true. You and members of your posse were wearing TDK shirts, so that was the only way I knew you were one of us. :ninja: And so I glommed.

Looking at the schedule on Saturday, I think I'll just spend most of the day listening in on seminars in Theater 3. I have a hankering that taking the shuttle and wandering onto the floor would just intimidate me immensely.

It`s the 21st here in europe. When starts the screening?

Anita and I both didn't make it in. It got too full, too fast. My co worker was Wally's VIP guest but she couldn't get me in. They are doing it again at 5. So I'm off to cross the street. I'll update ASAP.

Ashkong and I got into the second round, since so many people were shut out of the morning panel and we were told to come back at 5pm - Wally is SO SO awesome. He actually thanked US for coming back, and I wanted to yell, "No, thank YOU!" but I was too shy. :csad:

I took lots of notes, so I'm just reporting now to say that we made it and it was AWESOME. I will have a more detailed post very shortly.

Wally also described new MIND-BLOWING AWESOMENESS re: the hospital explosion, but I think Ashkong wanted to spill it first. I'll include it in my long post shortly. :cwink:

Did I mention it was awesome? :hehe:

I'm going to split this up since I want to include too many smilies. :o

Intro:
  • So, the registration area for the expo was a shuttle-ride away from the theater where the panel was, so that's why Ashkong and I didn't make the morning panel. There was a huge crowd of people, and a bunch of people were let in after the theater was full to stand only, so...yeah. (If you don't think this film is going to be huge...this film is going to be huge.) There was easily another theater-sized group of people (including us) who were shut out, so I guess when Wally and the moderator heard about it, they scheduled an extra panel at the end of the day. Therefore, they are awesome. :up:
  • I stayed for a few panels in between, and in the Western genre one, someone asked cinematographer Owen Roizman about movies to recommend for cinematography "inspiration." He went "Ooh, I dunno, there are just so many.." then he specified Wally's work (especially BB and Prestige) and said he was REALLY looking forward to TDK. When his peers admire his work like that, it's just more awesome. :up:
  • Wally is really cool, and I think this second panel might have been more fun since a bunch of people he knew (colleagues, very likely) asked technical questions from the audience and they joked around and stuff. (There was also free alcohol at this event, apparently. :oldrazz:) And as I said, he thanked us for coming back, when we should have been thanking them because they could have just not held a second panel. They are very cool.
  • They didn't show new footage, just the first theatrical trailer since Wally said he color-timed it himself, and the projector that was being used was the best resolution we could get digitally. It was actually the first time I had seen that trailer on the big screen, and it was gorgeous.

I will start with the MIND-BLOWING AWESOMENESS in the hospital explosion. In spoiler tags, of course. :yay:

Right before the building goes down (in the film and in real life), Heath walks out of it in a nurse's outfit and wig, pushes a trigger button, and it beeps but nothing happens. He tries several more times, and small propane explosions occur behind him. It's not the building going down, they rigged separate small explosions.

Finally, he gets pissed off and goes into a school bus, and RIGHT as he closes the door, the demolition starts, and they got this all in one shot. Wally described how the camera tracked with Heath, etc etc, but I wasn't exactly paying attention as I was writing all of this down. :oldrazz: But yeah, he said, "It wasn't JUST a first take for the building, it was a first take with Heath too!" They had to reinforce the glass in the bus and everything, to make sure Heath wouldn't get hurt. Wally also gushed about Heath's performance, and his ability to do this scene (expressions and all) in one take, cause there were no second chances.

Oh, and I dunno if we've heard about this yet, but there's also:

An interior police station explosion as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"