Reaction score
PREVUE OF THE DARK KNIGHT

dontmissitth0.gif

darkknightjokeryg8.jpg

Photo by Stephen Vaughan/Warner Bros/DC Comics

-Saturday, June 21, 2008, 11:45 am – 12:45 pm
-Theater 3

Moderator: Bob Fisher, journalist
Panelists: Wally Pfister, ASC, David Keighley, president of DPK 70MM, an IMAX subsidiary, and camera operator Bob Gorelick, SOC.

Wally Pfister, ASC, and director Chris Nolan explored new territory during the production of The Dark Knight, the latest adventures of Batman fighting the forces of evil in the fictional city of Gotham. They shot all action sequences in IMAX format, including aerial photography and car chase sequences, which comprise almost 40 minutes of screen time. The IMAX footage blends seamlessly with dialogue and other scenes produced in 35 mm anamorphic format. The Dark Knight will be released in both IMAX and 35 mm anamorphic formats this summer. This extraordinary seminar will probe behind the scenes during the production of this extraordinary film.

(Note: all participants subject to availability.)
Details:http://www.cinegearexpo.com/seminars2.html

They shot all action sequences in IMAX format, including aerial photography and car chase sequences, which comprise almost 40 minutes of screen time. The IMAX footage blends seamlessly with dialogue and other scenes produced in 35 mm anamorphic format.

Now this, I like :brucebat:

so its not the full movie? And when/where will this be held?

Great find as always, Retro :up:

Nah - they never said it would be the whole movie, anyway. The IMAX cameras are way too big and noisy to be able to film an entire Hollywood film.

But it's the first one to use them at all - and for 40 minutes of the movie, too :up:

I think he was asking if theyll be showing the entire movie, I think its pretty common knowledge that only select scenes were shot in IMAX.

Probably, yeah... so - what's the runtime of the movie!?

Damn - I wanna know!

Cine Gear Expo 2008 which will be held at the Universal Studios Backlot in Universal City, California on June 20 & 21, 2008.

Details: http://www.cinegearexpo.com/index.html
http://www.cinegearexpo.com/seminars2.html
Great find as always, Retro :up:
Thanks!:yay:
Probably, yeah... so - what's the runtime of the movie!?

Damn - I wanna know!
Me too. I'm guessing it will be about the same as BB.

OOH this sounds fascinating, since I'm a behind-the-scenes ****e in general, not even for TDK. Apparently registration is free until June 14.

Hmmmmm.....

:hehe:

OOH this sounds fascinating, since I'm a behind-the-scenes ****e in general, not even for TDK. Apparently registration is free until June 14.

Hmmmmm.....

So how do we sign up. I wouldn't mind seeing this. or could you sign me up.

Pretty Please with a joker on top of it.:hoboj:

Just sign up with your address as if it's a company and make stuff up. They'll email you with your registration and I think you have to print it out later.

I attended a medical products expo last year as part of an art class with no industry affiliations at all, so I'm sure this kind of thing is okay. :oldrazz:

You're gonna have to give me your address and stuff. :oldrazz: It's probably easier to do it yourself.

Hmmmmm.....

Yes you are, our little Colbert loving, behind the scenes little girl :oldrazz:

I'm totally going to see TDK in IMAX. I've always wondered what Batman would look like on the IMAX screen.

Nah - they never said it would be the whole movie, anyway. The IMAX cameras are way too big and noisy to be able to film an entire Hollywood film.

But it's the first one to use them at all - and for 40 minutes of the movie, too :up:

GREAT :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"