Immortal Iron Fist #3 Sells Out, Preview for #4!

Sebastos

le professionnel
Reaction score
Very good news. #3 of Immortal Iron Fist has sold out at Diamond. That means all three issues of the series so far have sold out. Awesome.

http://comicbloc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=895&Itemid=57

Marvel is pleased to announce that the third issue of the Immortal Iron Fist series has sold out at Diamond. The series continues to capture readers with a story that’s both enthralling and action packed. Writers Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction and artists David Aja and Travel Foreman have officially re-established Danny Rand as a key player in the Marvel Universe.

Koben Kelly at Newsarama.com says that the story is “full of originality and energy” and that Immoral Iron Fist series “is easily predicted to last a long time.”

Skip Scherer at Comicbloc.com believes that this is “one of the best takes on Iron Fist in a long time.”

Tonya Crawford at Broken Frontier advises, “If you’ve never read Iron Fist before then this is the perfect title to jump on with.”

This sellout marks the third issue of the series to sell out at Diamond. At this time, Marvel has no plans to go back to press on this issue.
Issues # 3 might still be available at the retailer level, as are the second printings of issues # 1 and # 2. Marvel advises that retailers check their orders for the rest of the series as it continues to garner new readers

IF4COV.jpg

IF41.jpg

IF42.jpg

IF43.jpg

IF44.jpg

IF45.jpg

IMMORTAL IRON FIST #4 (JAN072376)
Written by ED BRUBAKER & MATT FRACTION
Pencils by DAVID AJA, TRAVEL FOREMAN, & SAL BUSCEMA
Cover by DAVID AJA
Rated T+ …$2.99
FOC – 3/8, On-Sale – 3/28/2007

Wow, Aja's art looks great in those pages. Danny and Orson are teaming up, and Davos is getting back in his Steel Serpent suit. The preview looks awesome! Can't wait for #4.

The art looks so amazing. It's just awesome. I'm loving this book so much. #4 can't get here sooner.

And band wagon cycle continues...

Did you really need to start a new thread for this? I'm sure it would've been right at home in one of the numerous Iron Fist threads you already had going. :o

Did you really need to start a new thread for this? I'm sure it would've been right at home in one of the numerous Iron Fist threads you already had going. :o

No friggin' kidding... in as much I like Iron Fist, I'd much prefer to read comments about current Iron Fist news in the Iron Fist thread, and not have to jump around 50 different threads created by some poster named Iron Fist.

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

:cmad:

Why is everyone attacking me cause of this? There was a Spider-Man preview posted and I didn't see anyone saying anything, even though there's a whole forum to discuss it.

No friggin' kidding... in as much I like Iron Fist, I'd much prefer to read comments about current Iron Fist news in the Iron Fist thread, and not have to jump around 50 different threads created by some poster named Iron Fist.

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

:cmad:

I'm-I'm sorry, i'll try to be less annoying. :csad:

Sweet! I found the preview colored. Looks even better.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=9919

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Immortal Iron Fist #4

COVER BY: DAVID AJA
WRITER: MATT FRACTION, ED BRUBAKER
PENCILS: DAVID AJA
INKS: DAVID AJA
COLORED BY: MATT HOLLINGSWORTH
THE STORY:
You are Danny Rand -- scion of a martial arts dynasty that stretches back to the dawn of time, CEO of a multibillion-dollar business conglomerate, and a recently reactivated superhero in the Marvel Universe. A plot to destroy you, your legacy, your company and your good name hatched centuries ago and now has you in its clutches -- and your only ally is a might-be-crazy former Iron Fist that somehow survived the First World War. It's your fourth issue. You are probably doomed.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99 PRICE: 2.99
IN STORES: 2007-03-28

So it seems there's a whole underground base for ones with the Iron Fist power!

http://comicbookresources.com/news/preview2.php?image=previews/marvelcomics/ironfist/04/1.jpg

Why is everyone attacking me cause of this? There was a Spider-Man preview posted and I didn't see anyone saying anything, even though there's a whole forum to discuss it.

I WOULD almost agree with you except that you ALSO posted this in the Iron Fist Thread. You can't really act all indignant when you're posting the same thing is multiple threads already...

That aside...the series has been cool and the previews look good.

I'm ready for this! Can't wait for #4. :up:

It does look good, although "selling out" just means they sold all the issues that were ordered, which were not as high as some titles. But it's a good sign.

My only fear is Danny Rand becoming a sidekick in his own book so Bru & Fraction can make Orson all "bad-arse", I mean this is a guy who has spent the past 5+ years in Luke Cage's shadow. But I am enjoying the fleshing out of his ancestry so I'll give it a chance before coming to judgement.

Brubaker and Fraction are doing a really good job on this book. Enjoyed issue #3 immensely...The preview for issue #4 looks great.

So is anyone else getting the feeling the "the iron fist" might be a plant? He does seem to be unhealthily obsessed with this comic. :confused:

It does look good, although "selling out" just means they sold all the issues that were ordered, which were not as high as some titles. But it's a good sign.

My only fear is Danny Rand becoming a sidekick in his own book so Bru & Fraction can make Orson all "bad-arse", I mean this is a guy who has spent the past 5+ years in Luke Cage's shadow. But I am enjoying the fleshing out of his ancestry so I'll give it a chance before coming to judgement.

i'd say there's a pretty good chance of orson kicking the bucket pretty soon.

So is anyone else getting the feeling the "the iron fist" might be a plant? He does seem to be unhealthily obsessed with this comic. :confused:

Oh, c'mon. I can't count the amount of obsessed postered themed after Wolverine, Spider-Man, Hulk, Superman, Batman, etc. Let's not get TOO paranoid. Iron Fist has hardly had too many comics you could call great in the past 9-10 years before Bru & Fraction came along, so I can understand some hyper-excitement.

Possibly. I mean I like the character, and I like how the Iron Fist legacy, mercifully left mostly vacant for 30+ years, is being expanded. I'm just not a fan of main characters becoming bit players in their own books, a problem that sometimes plagued USM (where Spider-Man himself is often the most useless, helpless, inexperienced superhero who ever shows up in that book during the title's frequent team-up stories). It hasn't happened yet too much, but I feel it is essential for Rand to start breaking out on his own if he ever is going to have a chance to escape Luke Cage's massive shadow. That is part of why I feel a rematch with Sabretooth is essential at some point.

Possibly. I mean I like the character, and I like how the Iron Fist legacy, mercifully left mostly vacant for 30+ years, is being expanded. I'm just not a fan of main characters becoming bit players in their own books, a problem that sometimes plagued USM (where Spider-Man himself is often the most useless, helpless, inexperienced superhero who ever shows up in that book during the title's frequent team-up stories). It hasn't happened yet too much, but I feel it is essential for Rand to start breaking out on his own if he ever is going to have a chance to escape Luke Cage's massive shadow. That is part of why I feel a rematch with Sabretooth is essential at some point.

i'm not sure the average reader is really aware of sabretooth's connection to iron fist, so i don't think a rematch is on the horizon.

i do howevere think that this is going to be the storyline that firmly plants danny as "the" iron fist in the marvel universe. i think orson'll bite the bullet, leaving danny with the responsibilty of carrying on. not that he didn't have that responsibilty before, but you know what i'm saying...

i'm not sure the average reader is really aware of sabretooth's connection to iron fist, so i don't think a rematch is on the horizon.

Then they need to be educated. Bru & Fraction aren't afraid to retrend ground to retell Iron Fist's origin for the 21st century as well as add many modern innovations. Considering he has so few villians (Steel Serpant is here, but after him you'd be hard pressed to find anyone either recognizable, worthwhile, or both), it would be wise to make some hay out of the fact that Wolverine's arch nemesis actually debuted in an IRON FIST comic. Back in those days, he was treated as a cunning assassin but not the strongest of fighters compared to now; even Black Cat was able to utterly pwn him during the 70's/early 80's. 30 years of development have made him into a much more formidable opponent, and at times an anti-hero (blarg).

The best, and simpliest way, to make a casual reader be impressed with Iron Fist's power and prowess is to have him defeat, or provide a good showing against, an instantly recognizable enemy. Sabretooth fits that bill in all respects. No one is going to care about how Rand does against Serpant except those who are already fans. But a slobbernocker between Rand and Creed and all of a sudden, WIZARD is ****ing themselves and the MB's are aflame (especially the always fanatic X-Boards).

Both Brubaker and Fraction have a sense of history to their writing, for better or worse, so hoping for this development may not be totally unreasonable. I wouldn't hold my breath, but it's more possible than, say, Bendis acknowledging Wonder Man's power level.

i do howevere think that this is going to be the storyline that firmly plants danny as "the" iron fist in the marvel universe. i think orson'll bite the bullet, leaving danny with the responsibilty of carrying on. not that he didn't have that responsibilty before, but you know what i'm saying...

Possibly. The "mentor" aspect is rather standard fare for martial arts epics and Rand really hasn't had one in a very long time, if not ever. There also is the fear that as Orson is the original creation, the writers will naturally play favorites to convince us how "cool" he is. Brubaker has been beating X-Fans over the head with the essentially flat bore that is Vulcan for over a year now and I've heard few people who actually LIKE Vulcan as a character. I've heard people enjoying the story, or Bru's depiction of the X-Men, or even Darwin, but the general consensus I get from Vulcan, and what I felt from DG, was that he was yet another high-powered, personality lacking tanker, much like JMS's Morlun.

But, I'm usually more pessimistic. It's obvious that the writers like their source material and it may very well play out the way you think. It's just would be a minor detail on a report card that has an overall grade of A (like those teachers who would always put, "has ability to do better". I hated that crap).

i honestly don't think a rematch between danny and creed will be anything more to the common reader than castle beating up the rhino. they'll read it and think it's cool and all, but i just can't see them understanding the history between the two. i'm sure the x-boards will light up with "here's no way iron fist could pwn sabretooth!!!1!!111!", but that's the extent of it, i think.

if it helps people to understand danny's power, then i'm all for it. it's about time danny gets his.

i don't seem to be giving readers much credit today...

i honestly don't think a rematch between danny and creed will be anything more to the common reader than castle beating up the rhino. they'll read it and think it's cool and all, but i just can't see them understanding the history between the two. i'm sure the x-boards will light up with "here's no way iron fist could pwn sabretooth!!!1!!111!", but that's the extent of it, i think.

I'd like to think that in the eyes of most fans, Sabretooth ranks higher than Rhino. I mean he's running around 2 X-books right now and doesn't seem to exist to lose, like Rhino does. He's not quite a 100% jobber, like Rhino and to some degree Wrecker, Mr. Hyde, Shocker and Taskmaster have become.

Besides, like I said, it would at least provide a worthy challenge while Bru & Fraction attempt to find someone, anyone, to fight Rand after Steel Serpant. He practically has zero good villians, and the fans are usually impatient with newbies (usually because, like the aforementioned Vulcan and Morlun, or Pandemic I may add, they tend to be all power and no substance).

if it helps people to understand danny's power, then i'm all for it. it's about time danny gets his.

i don't seem to be giving readers much credit today...

It happens.

I think it would help people understand Danny's power to see him take down some worthy, high-profile opponents. Creed was technically "his" villian first, much as Kingpin was fighting Spider-Man long before Daredevil. That's not to say a retcon, but a rematch now could be interesting if written well.

I'm ready for this! Can't wait for #4. :up:

:up:

Yes, I think. [blackout]That Orson will die at the end of #6[/blackout]

Oh, c'mon. I can't count the amount of obsessed postered themed after Wolverine, Spider-Man, Hulk, Superman, Batman, etc. Let's not get TOO paranoid. Iron Fist has hardly had too many comics you could call great in the past 9-10 years before Bru & Fraction came along, so I can understand some hyper-excitement.

Thanks, Dread. :yay:

Dread said:

I already know the next arc planned for Immortal Iron Fist. And let me tell you, Iron Fist will be going up against some villains. And it won't be Sabretooth. :cwink:

photojones2 said:

Like I said, it won't be happening anytime soon, but still it would cool to see them face of again. :up:

Thanks, Dread. :yay:

I already know the next arc planned for Immortal Iron Fist. And let me tell you, Iron Fist will be going up against some villains. And it won't be Sabretooth. :cwink:

Like I said, it won't be happening anytime soon, but still it would cool to see them face of again. :up:
No problem. Although when you claim to know what future stories hold, it fuels suspicion. Spoken to Bru & Fraction at cons or something?

The Sabretooth thing is, admittedly, one of those fanboy-wish things that we know won't happen, but think would be cool. Hopefully Bru & Fraction have a solution to his villian dilemma. I am on this book for the long hual.

So Iron Fist is learning how to do MORE than just make his fist iron-like?
Iron Fist has always been on my "Gotta-get-around-to-reading-his-books" list.

So Iron Fist is learning how to do MORE than just make his fist iron-like?
Iron Fist has always been on my "Gotta-get-around-to-reading-his-books" list.

Frankly, to me this is long overdo. Manga and anime have made hay out of Chi tactics, and while I don't want Iron Fist shooting Goku-esque fireballs, some extra tricks besides a one-shot punch should be used.

Hopefully, Bru & Fraction remember that Rand can also use his Chi to boost his physical prowess to Peak Human levels, heal himself and others of injury, and be connected to K'Lun L'un. A few times he was able to absorb energy into more Chi but this was about as rare as Namor squiring ink. But baring these in mind, some new tricks can help.

The Spider-Man forums are a grim wasteland at this point, and not many Spider-Man-centric threads start up in this forum anyway. You, on the other hand, have started Iron Fist threads for a bunch of little bits of news over the last month or two that could all have easily been kept in one thread.

It's just typical forum etiquette to post new stuff that pertains to an existing thread in that same thread if at all possible. It keeps the front page of the forum from getting cluttered with a bunch of threads about the same thing (witness the Captain America #25 fiasco, for example) and allows everyone to see a wider variety of threads right up front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"