Luke Cage & Iron Fist - HEROES FOR HIRE movie thread

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Jordacar, Dec 22, 2009.

1. 블라스

블라스 Well-Known Member

If only Ray Park was a good actor :(

2. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

A H4H tv series would be sweet if they crossed it over to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Imagine them dropping by to help out in Captain America 2 or something. Or watching the show and all of a sudden Stark's on the news. Plus how many good superhero shows are on nowadays? Or EVER for that matter?

3. Sebastos

Sebastos le professionnel

They can have Hunnam train in martial arts for a few months, like they did with the actors from the Matrix, they trained for atleast 4 months.

4. Captain America

Captain America Well-Known Member

:funny: Duly Noted.

5. Ace of Knaves

Ace of Knaves Well-Known Member

They could use stunt guys for the extreme martial arts. Like you know... they do in most movies. :D

6. cerealkiller182

cerealkiller182 Must Get Deadpool Avatar

H4H concepts and suggestions come up everyonce in awhile, but after the awesomeness of Immortal Iron Fist, I could never see Rand return to mutli-racial buddy cops with superpowers routine

7. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

A bit of a Luke Cage update:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/her...derbolts-but-will-hollywood-lighting-hit.html

The only one I can think of right now is Jamie Foxx. The article suggests Dwayne Johnson, but he's not a fit for the role. Will Smith would be too expensive, Denzel Washington is too old and others like Taye Diggs, Michael Jai White, Derek Luke, Tyrese Gibson and Terry Crews are not what I consider to be "notable Hollywood names." White and Crews would be perfect, either one of them, but the article mentions a notable Hollywood star

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  8. Obi-Ron

Obi-Ron Deal with it

I would have no interest in seeing either solo film, but a Heroes for Hire movie with both would be excellent.

9. Sundancer

Sundancer Cynicist

EDIT: Found the other thread after a second search. Feel free to move this there :doh: (unless it is really a whole new thread, which I hope)

All (or close to it) of superhero movies have been a solo hero or a team (not counting Avengers or other future possibilities)

A first installment duo movie may be a needed break of the genre movie -wise.

I know there are Iron Fist and Luke Cage threads out there, but let's think about what a writer's or a producer's POV would be.

Business-wise, you got several demographics and audience types:

Martial arts
    Superhero
    Blaxploitation or Black audience (not sterotyping, thinking like a businessperson)
    A fresh perspective creatively

By the latter I mean you have two people playing off each other as far as coming to grip with their powers as opposed to one person or a team dynamic. You got raw strength and martial skills for action scenes not to mention the drama potential of two heroes from two social classes trying to find a joint goal for themselves.

As a movie goer, it would be more interesting to see a duo origin movie as a concept then just selling me on the franchise...which would also work in this case.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  10. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

I agree with you. The problem is it makes too much sense therefore never gonna happen that way.

11. Sundancer

Sundancer Cynicist

Well, thanks for posting and agreeing.

12. cje_316

cje_316 Well-Known Member

That is quite an epic idea, but unfortunately I feel that the public doesn't have the patience for such a build. Especially with 2 odd yet awesome in their own right characters. At least not for a big budget project, Straight to DVD with heavy marketing behind it sure.

13. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

Marvel's definitely looking into doing a solo Luke movie, I'm sure an Iron Fist & Heroes for Hire movie would follow.

14. KangConquers

KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I'd go with a heroes for hire movie...no need for solo. Just merge their two origins. Merge the man who killed Danny Rand's father and the man who framed Luke Cage into one person, and have them encounter each other on their own quests for revenge.

The in #2 the heroes for Hire Concept could come into play.

15. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

Agreed. I think a Cage solo movie is a waste of time. They can do something much more interesting with a HFH movie including IronFist and Cage.

16. OB12

OB12 Well-Known Member

That is a pretty good idea. Throw out the individual solos and just do 1 origin story where their paths must intersect. Maybe film the origin and the Heroes for Hire sequeal back to back.

17. Sebastos

Sebastos le professionnel

Iron Fist can hold his own movie, especially with what's been established with him.

18. Sundancer

Sundancer Cynicist

Just the name "Heroes for Hire" is a pretty catchy title, more than their individual names. Their names are cool, but the duo title probably sounds more appealing to the mainstream crowd, which most studios go for.

19. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Well-Known Member

I hope it happens under the marvel-films banner, and not licensed to other studios..

20. OptimusPrime114

OptimusPrime114 Well-Known Member

I always thought that a Heroes for Hire movie should be like Rush Hour (in terms of action, not humor).

21. TNC9852002

TNC9852002 Banned User

Omari Hardwick

22. TNC9852002

TNC9852002 Banned User

Nate Parker might be good.

He seems a little short though..

23. KangConquers

KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I like Iron Fist and would love to see him in a movie, but I always thought Luke Cage was a lame blacksploitation character. I never saw why Marvel felt the need in the 00s to push him as a major character, and I've always thought there were much more interesting characters to push.

24. TNC9852002

TNC9852002 Banned User

Well, I think after the Marvel video games, he's becoming more and more popular. People are kinda now aware of how pivotal his appearance in comics became and I guess now would be the absolute best time to try and get a film made..

25. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Dapper

Henry Simmons and Charlie Hunnam for Luke Cage and Iron Fist!