Luke Cage & Iron Fist - HEROES FOR HIRE movie thread

A H4H tv series would be sweet if they crossed it over to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Imagine them dropping by to help out in Captain America 2 or something. Or watching the show and all of a sudden Stark's on the news. Plus how many good superhero shows are on nowadays? Or EVER for that matter?

Hunnam would be great for Iron Fist as far as the acting and look is concerned, but would he be able to pull off the action scenes? We all know he can pull off a fight, but he's always been more of a brawler in his roles, as opposed to a martial arts type guy. Now, as far as Cage is concerned, I have the exact opposite problem. Terry Crewes looks the part more than anyone else I have seen, but he's not the best actor in the world. If they decided to write the part as a "big angry black man" like he sometimes is in the books, and have Iron Fist be the big "acting" part, I could see him working out. They'd have to keep him as the muscle of the group with Misty and Rand as the brains.
That being said, I see this as more of a TV show than a movie franchise. For one, there's going to be a ton of superhero movies coming out in the next few years, and the general public would probably not bother going to see one about H4H.
But the only superhero tv show out there is Smallville, which will probably not last much longer. H4H would be a great one to make, because most regular folks really don't know the characters, so there wouldn't be any preconcieved notions as to what the show should be. It's also a team, as opposed to just one hero, so there are a ton of directions you could take it as far as new storylines and bad guys.

They can have Hunnam train in martial arts for a few months, like they did with the actors from the Matrix, they trained for atleast 4 months.

Id much rather see Iron Fist have his own movie based on Immortal Iron Fist with all the mythos. I can't really see Iron Fist battling Chosen Ones to save the universe and then returning to help Cage fight street-level rogues

:funny: Duly Noted.

Hunnam would be great for Iron Fist as far as the acting and look is concerned, but would he be able to pull off the action scenes? We all know he can pull off a fight, but he's always been more of a brawler in his roles, as opposed to a martial arts type guy. Now, as far as Cage is concerned, I have the exact opposite problem. Terry Crewes looks the part more than anyone else I have seen, but he's not the best actor in the world. If they decided to write the part as a "big angry black man" like he sometimes is in the books, and have Iron Fist be the big "acting" part, I could see him working out. They'd have to keep him as the muscle of the group with Misty and Rand as the brains.
That being said, I see this as more of a TV show than a movie franchise. For one, there's going to be a ton of superhero movies coming out in the next few years, and the general public would probably not bother going to see one about H4H.
But the only superhero tv show out there is Smallville, which will probably not last much longer. H4H would be a great one to make, because most regular folks really don't know the characters, so there wouldn't be any preconcieved notions as to what the show should be. It's also a team, as opposed to just one hero, so there are a ton of directions you could take it as far as new storylines and bad guys.

They could use stunt guys for the extreme martial arts. Like you know... they do in most movies. :D

H4H concepts and suggestions come up everyonce in awhile, but after the awesomeness of Immortal Iron Fist, I could never see Rand return to mutli-racial buddy cops with superpowers routine

A bit of a Luke Cage update:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/her...derbolts-but-will-hollywood-lighting-hit.html

Speaking of Luke Cage, a.k.a. Power Man, I hear that there's more talk underway about putting the urban hero into his own film and that a notable Hollywood star is now having (very) preliminary talks with Marvel Studios about the property and its potential.

The only one I can think of right now is Jamie Foxx. The article suggests Dwayne Johnson, but he's not a fit for the role. Will Smith would be too expensive, Denzel Washington is too old and others like Taye Diggs, Michael Jai White, Derek Luke, Tyrese Gibson and Terry Crews are not what I consider to be "notable Hollywood names." White and Crews would be perfect, either one of them, but the article mentions a notable Hollywood star

Last edited:
I would have no interest in seeing either solo film, but a Heroes for Hire movie with both would be excellent.

EDIT: Found the other thread after a second search. Feel free to move this there :doh: (unless it is really a whole new thread, which I hope)

All (or close to it) of superhero movies have been a solo hero or a team (not counting Avengers or other future possibilities)

A first installment duo movie may be a needed break of the genre movie -wise.

I know there are Iron Fist and Luke Cage threads out there, but let's think about what a writer's or a producer's POV would be.

Business-wise, you got several demographics and audience types:

Martial arts
Superhero
Blaxploitation or Black audience (not sterotyping, thinking like a businessperson)
A fresh perspective creatively

By the latter I mean you have two people playing off each other as far as coming to grip with their powers as opposed to one person or a team dynamic. You got raw strength and martial skills for action scenes not to mention the drama potential of two heroes from two social classes trying to find a joint goal for themselves.

As a movie goer, it would be more interesting to see a duo origin movie as a concept then just selling me on the franchise...which would also work in this case.

Last edited:
I agree with you. The problem is it makes too much sense therefore never gonna happen that way.

That is quite an epic idea, but unfortunately I feel that the public doesn't have the patience for such a build. Especially with 2 odd yet awesome in their own right characters. At least not for a big budget project, Straight to DVD with heavy marketing behind it sure.

Marvel's definitely looking into doing a solo Luke movie, I'm sure an Iron Fist & Heroes for Hire movie would follow.

I'd go with a heroes for hire movie...no need for solo. Just merge their two origins. Merge the man who killed Danny Rand's father and the man who framed Luke Cage into one person, and have them encounter each other on their own quests for revenge.

The in #2 the heroes for Hire Concept could come into play.

Agreed. I think a Cage solo movie is a waste of time. They can do something much more interesting with a HFH movie including IronFist and Cage.

That is a pretty good idea. Throw out the individual solos and just do 1 origin story where their paths must intersect. Maybe film the origin and the Heroes for Hire sequeal back to back.

Iron Fist can hold his own movie, especially with what's been established with him.

Just the name "Heroes for Hire" is a pretty catchy title, more than their individual names. Their names are cool, but the duo title probably sounds more appealing to the mainstream crowd, which most studios go for.

I hope it happens under the marvel-films banner, and not licensed to other studios..

I always thought that a Heroes for Hire movie should be like Rush Hour (in terms of action, not humor).

Nate Parker might be good.

He seems a little short though..

I like Iron Fist and would love to see him in a movie, but I always thought Luke Cage was a lame blacksploitation character. I never saw why Marvel felt the need in the 00s to push him as a major character, and I've always thought there were much more interesting characters to push.

Well, I think after the Marvel video games, he's becoming more and more popular. People are kinda now aware of how pivotal his appearance in comics became and I guess now would be the absolute best time to try and get a film made..

Henry Simmons and Charlie Hunnam for Luke Cage and Iron Fist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"