***Important Warning For 2009***

Wilhelm-Scream

Avenger
Reaction score
The new millennium has brought its share of bad things (the War on Terror, the movie "Eragon", etc.), but it has also brought wonderful things to our lives.

One of these "good things" is the ability to cleverly turn a numerical representation of the year into a pair of novelty glasses, where your eyes can peer through the two zeros in "2000-Something".
I'm sure many of us had a blast last night, sporting glasses such as these:

jen2008_OPTI.jpg

Well, when I got to work this morning, and saw all the people on the front page of the Seattle Times wearing their 2008 Novelty Glasses, I got a sense that, "You don't know what you've got until it's gone".

You see, I was struck by the fact that next year, many of us will usher in the new year, drunk and oblivious to the fact that when we wear our updated "2009 Novelty Glasses", we'll be doing something momentous, and saying goodbye, forever, to this possibility.

2009 will be the last time, in our lives on Earth, that such spectacles can be worn.
After 2009, we'll get into the 2010's, into the 2020's, 2030's, 2040's....
You're seeing the grim picture here...and then, like a punch in the gut, the impossible, ugly truth...we will not be able to wear glasses of this style again until.........THE YEAR 3000.

Take a second to absorb that.

Now I know some will try to hold on, possibly making Novelty Glasses of a new, more clumsy design, like this:
2010.jpg

But that asymmetry is CRIMINAL, not to mention the chafing from the poorly distributed weight of the lopsided glasses.

We've been frittering away the best, the B.E.S.T. possible era for Novelty Glasses, and, people....we've got ONE. MORE. YEAR. and *p00f*....it's gone.

So, make the most of it. :csad:
-Thank You-

I had a very similar discussion at a New Year's party last night. It'll be very sad when they are gone. :csad:

Wilhelm, thank you for bringing this very important issue to my attention. I will get my people working on it right away. :up:

jag

Oh god... I... I never even thought about this.

WHAT THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW!?

Ani...don't look back. :(

:wow: Sh1t, how could I have been so blind. All this time I've failed to wear them, not realizing the short time I had to do so. :csad: :up:
I will make the most of this year. I'll wear them the whole month of December if I have to. :cmad: :up:

:wow: Sh1t, how could I have been so blind. All this time I've failed to wear them, not realizing the short time I had to do so. :csad: :up:
I will make the most of this year. I'll wear them the whole month of December if I have to. :cmad: :up:
I knew if this warning could help just one person, then this thread was worth it.
Now next year, you go out there and wear the **** out of those 2009 glasses!
:boba:

I always want a pair of those glasses..Never can seem to find them though.:(

Eh - ten years of those dorky glasses was plenty.

I have no problem with asymmetry.

I can't wait for the 2111 glasses, try to put those suckers on.

I will only wear them if they are name brand. What is the point of wearing generic brand anything? Wear the name brand 2009 glasses...I'm sure I'll be able to find a pair of 2009 Oakley's somewhere.

If not, I'll have them custom made. It will be well worth it to stand out from the rest of the 2009 crowd.

357265756_a162cbcf.gif
I guess they could always do something like this... & it'll just say 2010.:o

We can always change numbers so they work for the glasses. I mean, what's more important? Consistent numerical characters or comfortable, symmetrical novelty glasses? We all know the answer.

We can always change numbers so they work for the glasses. I mean, what's more important? Consistent numerical characters or comfortable, symmetrical novelty glasses? We all know the answer.

What kind of communist thinking is this?? Compromise the integrity of the numerical year order just to make it work aesthetically?? Who in their right mind would do something like that? :cmad:

What kind of communist thinking is this?? Compromise the integrity of the numerical year order just to make it work aesthetically?? Who in their right mind would do something like that? :cmad:

Everyone who is in their right mind.

Are you suggesting that 2010 be like 2001 all over again, you Pinko? :cmad:

jag

I have no problem with asymmetry.
Well, in truth, neither do I, ordinarily.

My favorite part of the Millennium Falcon:

mfa.jpg

My favorite part of Mike Tyson:
mta.jpg

But, just, in light of the fact that you can't have anymore until the year 3000 ?!?......it's a little hard to contemplate.

Well, in truth, neither do I, ordinarily.

My favorite part of the Millennium Falcon:

mfa.jpg

My favorite part of Mike Tyson:
mta.jpg

But, just, in light of the fact that you can't have anymore until the year 3000 ?!?......it's a little hard to contemplate.

This post wins.

Everything.

Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"