In your opinion which movies are the greatest Christmas movies of all time?

Die Hard 1 and 2 take place during Christmas during the Christmas season so of course they are going to be considered Christmas movies even though Die Hard is an action movie franchise the first 2 films take place during Christmas so it makes sense for them to be considered Christmas movies

Same goes for Lethal Weapon the first one anyway

But Christmas movies that should also be mentioned are The Santa Clause 2 and The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause

(if people are voting for Die Hard and Batman Returns)
Iron Man 3
Lethal Weapon

Aslo:
A Christmas Story
Love Actually
Home Alone 1 & 2
A Charlie Brown Christmas (does this one count?)

I can't believe ya'll haven't talked about the only Christmas movie that matters -

SmithShining.jpg

I kid, I kid… sort of

A few people when i ask this think they are clever and say 'gremlins' 'die hard' etc, but there are also a lot of people that do actually call these movies xmas movies, which is fine, it's all subjective.

To me, a christmas film is a movie that only really works when played at christmas or there abouts.

I grew up with he Dudley Moore 'Santas claus the movie' then it went to Home Alone but i kinda watched that anytime due to the hi jinx!

Then Nightmare before christmas, Polar Express. It's not until recently i saw A christmas Vacation. Also, for me, a hristmas film i like it when it's nostalgic and reminds me of mine or has a great sound track - elf is one of those.

Home Alone 1&2 (Nostalgic, emotional, funny and great score)
The Polar Express (Beautiful scenery and music)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (A Classic!)
A Christmas Story (Well of course, this belongs on every list)
The Grinch (Jim Carrey's funniest performance. Criminally underrated)
Jingle All the Way (Put that cookie down!)

Last edited:
Polar Express is really underrated but how about A Christmas Carol the Jim Carrey CGI animated film the 2009 film now that is underrated

Oh. Good choice. I forgot about that one.

Top 5

1. Die Hard

2. The Long Kiss Goodnight

3. It's a Wonderful Life.

4. Scrooged.

5. Threeway tie between Lethal Weapon, Batman Returns and Gremlins.

Just watched Office Christmas Party. It’s by no means a great movie but it’s worth a watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"