Incredible Hulk Season One - DVD

C. Lee

Superherohype Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It came out this week. I bought it on Wednesday....did anyone else get it? It's a 4 disc set....the pilot movie and the sequel movie "Death in the Family" are on the first disc.....the 10 first season episodes are on the rest. The box at Best Buy (where I got it) has a lenticular cover that shows Bill Bixby turning into the Hulk....I don't know if this cover is on all of them or just the ones at Best Buy, they some times have alternate covers made for them.

The Pilot movie has commentary from Kenneth Johnson...it's very informative...he must have studied up on his old notes before doing the commentary, because he had lots of minor details about it.

I know everyone wasn't a fan of the series...but I always liked it.

That show was great, IMHO it really captured the essence of what the hulk really is. I will definately pick this up next week. I had no idea it was going to be released in full seasons.

great info... i have all the previous dvd's already, but if this one has anything extra, i'd buy it too...

I saw the show on Sci Fi the other day and I found it really kitschy and unintentionally funny. I know its presentation was about as good as you could hope for in the '70s, but I guess I've just been spoiled by modern technology. I never did like that they renamed Bruce "David," either. The ending theme is still great, though.

What do you get when you cross Hulk with the fugutive? The Incredible Hulk TV series. Never liked it, not buying these DVD's. Why is this crap getting disk treatment when good Marvel shows (X-men:evo and Spidey:TAS) aren't?

Strangely enough, I was much more fond of the ancillary animated series (Hulk, FF, and Iron Man) than I ever was of the X-Men and Spidey cartoons. Especially Iron Man's second season, when the animation got much better and the stories got more complex (despite the fact that Tony sported a mullet).

I liked most of the Marvel shows (the last few of Spidey:TAS were a snore). And what is this I keep hearing of Ironman having a second season?

lars573 said:
What do you get when you cross Hulk with the fugutive? The Incredible Hulk TV series. Never liked it, not buying these DVD's. Why is this crap getting disk treatment when good Marvel shows (X-men:evo and Spidey:TAS) aren't?
The Hulk is getting put on DVD because there are a lot of people who do like it.

The first 3 seasons of X-Men Evolution and the entire MTV series Spider-Man the animated series ARE on DVD.

I wasn't talking about the MTV abused Mainframe show. And X-men:evo isn't on DVD. A number of 3 episode 1 disk sets are around but not a whole season in near order of airing.

lars573 said:
I wasn't talking about the MTV abused Mainframe show. And X-men:evo isn't on DVD. A number of 3 episode 1 disk sets are around but not a whole season in near order of airing.
You said "Spiderman TAS"...and the MTV show was called Spiderman the New Animated Series.....so specify what show you are talking about.

If you go to Amazon.com....you will see that all of the first 3 seasons of X-Men Evolution are on DVD.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/103-...al|umd|blu

If I'd mean't Spider-man: TNAS I'd have said so.

lars573 said:
If I'd mean't Spider-man: TNAS I'd have said so.
You haven't been here long.....it helps to be more specific with things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"