Independent Horror

Flexo said:
No, man. It was really lame when its jaw wasn't unhinged.

It looked like a lumpy man with a wacky beard.

saturn.jpg

Goya painting with a lumpy man with a wacky beard, and yet it still makes for one of the most horrific and best painting of all time.

I like the idea behind the design of that big foot. But I have no doubt it's directed in such a bad way it looks bad.

BlackHardKnight said:
Yea it was something:o

Haha! "Original UNCUT version"! I soooo remember this one particular scene which involved cutting that makes me cringe everytime I am reminded of it... :(

Spidey-Jason said:
Anyone seen " i spit on your grave"?
i turned that one off once the rape scene his the 30 minute mark.....geez.

30 minute rape scene?!

That's horrible. Usually girls only like to be raped for about 15 minutes.

Danger Mouse said:
Haha! "Original UNCUT version"! I soooo remember this one particular scene which involved cutting that makes me cringe everytime I am reminded of it... :(

I'm afrid I know wich scene you're talking about :wow:

Don't confuse it with I Spit On Your Grave, I Piss On Your Corpse. Now that is one bad movie. Had a couple good scenes where the woman takes a lit cigarette and puts it on the guys dick and makes him **** and then puts his face in it.

The month of October has been filled in Hollywood by a prequel of a remake, a third sequel in a franchise and the sequel to a remake of a ripoff. Very few choices for originality here.

Bad bad month for horror fans here in north america, at least, if you don't search anywhere else then big hollywood studios.

Unfortunately, I haven't found much else coming out that I know this month either anywhere else. I'm sure there are some really cool stuff, but they won't be in our theatres this month, which frankly is the whole point here.

But there's a little something coming out in november that looks terribly fascinating, and that might actually have to be worth a look to most of us in need of originality in this genre.

8 Films To Die For

Bad bad name, of course, but it gets to the point of what it is: a compilation of short independant horror films. And from the look of the trailer, there might be at least half of them which might turn out to be little gems, and actually wake up some people who usually satisfy their hunger with the big badly filmed horror budget out there.

Now, maybe most of those will turn out to be disappointing (they were choosen by studios, after all). But they weren't MADE by them. Which makes it a whole world of difference. And out of 8 of them, chances are, at least one of them will shine.

Here's the trailer.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/8filmstodiefor/trailer/

It will only be out for a limited time in theatres. And if i'm lucky, it might play here in Montreal. If not, i'm just ****ed with the regular garbage we are usually feed. Sigh.

Still, hope for once, which is something new. :up:

Feast comes out on DVD on Tues. I heard it was pretty good.

Holly Goodhead said:
My friend told me about this, im seeing them. :up:

Know anything else about it ? I've only seen the trailer. Are they all american productions, or have these movies been picked from all over the world ?

The one with the sort of demon looks incredible!

Holly Goodhead said:
Zombi 2/Zombie/Island Of The Living Dead etc. and The Beyond :up:

I :heart: Lucio Fulci

you're cooler than i thought. i still hate you though.

Everyone should see Session 9 and The Machinist. They're both directed by Brad Anderson. Neither of them are really scary, but they're both creepy and atmoshperic.

I also recommend "3 Extremes". It's three vignettes by three different Asian filmmakers. There's some seriously effed-up subject matter in them, so they aren't for the squemish, but they are all shot so beautifully I can't even begin to describe them. They're like extremely disturbing visual poems. Just unbelievable.

sinewave said:
I also recommend "3 Extremes". It's three vignettes by three different Asian filmmakers. There's some seriously effed-up subject matter in them, so they aren't for the squemish, but they are all shot so beautifully I can't even begin to describe them. They're like extremely disturbing visual poems. Just unbelievable.

i think i saw this. was one of them about an extra who tortures a director? and his wife is hanging by wires at the piano. :huh:

Holly Goodhead said:
i think i saw this. was one of them about an extra who tortures a director? and his wife is hanging by wires at the piano. :huh:

yep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"