Indiana Jones Reboot?!

KOTCS doesn't/isn't:

-Completely tonally at odds with the rest of the series.
-Be so blatantly "Great White Savior" that it's face-palming.
-Have "problematic" racial/cultural issues up the Wazoo, to the point that they were banned from shooting in India.
-Disrespect/take a dump on an entire religion (and not even portray it accurately).
-Freaking Willy.
-Etc.

Nope, I've never liked it and I probably never will.

Love me some indy jones, but really disliked kotcs. ( Labeef swinging with the monkeys, oook )
As for as who should play him, im torn.
I like pratt and cooper, but have a better feeling about cooper.

You know he still could. Mutt Williams aka Henry Jones III could easily become the new Indiana Jones with Pratt in the role, that way it would still be tied to the original films and have Ford around. I could buy Pratt as an older Mutt say 10 years after KOTCS. Maybe it's just cause Pratt was going around on the bike in JW and Mutt had his bike in KOTCS. I could see them taking this direction and would probably be what I would most like to see rather than a full on "reboot" just yet.

I wouldn't mind a recast of Mutt. I didn't hate LaBeouf as Mutt at all. I quite liked him. But Pratt is more likeable.

Honestly I rather liked Shia in KOTCS. He wasn't the issue with that movie (and no, he also wasn't the problem with those cartoonish action-scenes, that was the script's fault). He was fine. And as for "him not being believable as Indy's son," I disagree completely. I don't need, nor do I WANT Indy's son to be just like him. One, because he's NOT INDY, and two, because they didn't even learn that they were father and son until like halfway through the movie.

But then again I'm apparently one of the "crazy fans" who actually prefers KOTCS to TOD. I really don't care for that movie.

Pratt could still do that. Play to his strengths more as Indy's son more than Indy himself. He can still be the wise guy funny ass hole contrasted to his father more. You get the best of both worlds. A fresh face that's popular and likeable and Ford remaining as Indy side by side. Everybody wins.

I just wonder if they went with Indy having a daughter instead like originally planned. That would have been really cool.

Id rather pratt for uncharted then new indy. It would give pratt not only a chance to do indy like role but start a new franchise if done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"