"Infinity Gauntlet"

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
I've just finished reading "The Infinity Gauntlet". Thanos's attempt to elevate himself to virtual godhood has a number of intriguing points such as the gathering of the representatives of pantheons of Earth's various pagan deities from Odin of Asgard to the North American Manitou, Russia's Svarog and the Greco-Roman Zeus of Olympus, to the sequence where Captain America and the Avengers act as a clearing house for the world's heroes who need a place to communicate during the crisis(from Spider-Man to the Crimson Dynamo-incidentally DO Marvel's heroes have some kind of back channel to communicate, irrespective of political differences between their governments-it seems likely). The part where Wolverine and the Hulk reminisce about their previous encounters and are approached by Adam Warlock(who asks them-in not to so many words but the intent is unmistakable- to kill Thanos) is priceless!

Anybody else think as I do?

Terry

It was awesome and chaotic up until the whole..."We'll just snap our fingers and make everything normal again!" ending. Then I lost all respect. At least Marvel has learned from that lesson in their current events.

I thought it was awesome and superior to recent events marvel has put out.

It was awesome and chaotic up until the whole..."We'll just snap our fingers and make everything normal again!" ending. Then I lost all respect. At least Marvel has learned from that lesson in their current events.

?
Like Ultimatum?

Yeah cause "the Marvel Universe will never be the same" hasnt gotten cliche?

The after math of Marvel events has sucked bigtime..except for civil war , which was only good becuase of Dan Slott's Initiative.

IG was a perfect mini..one of the best ones ever. Its f-ing perfect.

AGREED!

One of the things that separates it from others is that it had the feel of having an actual conclusion, whereas minis these days rarely do (imo)

?
Like Ultimatum?

Yeah cause "the Marvel Universe will never be the same" hasnt gotten cliche?

The after math of Marvel events has sucked bigtime..except for civil war , which was only good becuase of Dan Slott's Initiative.

Obviously Ultimatum excluded. At least Civil War etc. have all had actual impacts on later storylines. IG ended with "and the world is back to normal". How is that a good ending? Why bother having the event in the first pace.

Obviously Ultimatum excluded. At least Civil War etc. have all had actual impacts on later storylines. IG ended with "and the world is back to normal". How is that a good ending? Why bother having the event in the first pace.

Yeah we'll they fixed the whole Half the Universe died thing...which made pretty decent sense.

IG pretty much rejuvinated the marvel cosmic line at the time...It set up Thanos as a huge force in the 90s and really was the start of his complexity (actually the prequel Thanos quest did this)..set the tone for more stories with the characters and future events that, while never as good, were decent (crusade and war).

For awhile IG 's aftermath IMO was done pretty well.

Personally, I care less about aftermaths than I do good solid stories.

its about the journey not the ending. Its because back in the day Marvel was more concerned with using a big event to tell a story instead of using a big event to sell a story. Sure Spiderman didnt unmask or Capt didnt die but it did revitalize the cosmic line and inspired a sequel in Infinity War...brought Adam Warlock to prominence. It was a good story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"