[Insert Facepalm Here]

Astrø

The Man On The Moon
Reaction score
Sonic_colors_title.jpg

With fans eagerly awaiting the retro Sonic 4, Sega pulls back the curtain on Sonic Colors, a brand new adventure for the Nintendo Wii and DS, heading our way by the end of 2010. Sonic Colors sees our blue hedgehog hero speeding through theme-park inspired worlds as he attempts to free the colorful alien Wisps from the clutches of the evil Dr. Eggman. Eggman has imprisoned the energy-filled aliens in an amusement park in orbit around the planet, and Sonic has to make use of the aliens' unique powers to help them escape enslavement. Using the aliens' color energy, Sonic will be able to create new paths through the game's levels. Yellow energy will let Sonic drill through the ground, for instance, while cyan turns Sonic into a laser, shooting through obstacles as if they weren't even there.
The Wii version of Sonic Colors will feature a combination of 2D and 3D gameplay, while the DS version "takes full advantage of the console's dual screen," whatever that entails. With Sonic 4 on the way and Sonic Colors due out this holiday season, Sega now has both sorts of Sonic fans covered.
Hopefully we'll see more of Sonic Colors at E3 2010 next month.

When I just had hope about Sonic 4...they make Sonic get the power of the rainbow. I give in, there is no hope for Sega. :facepalm:

I don't think they can go any lower, and just for that they will. Who has the idea that Sonic should use rainbows and aliens to fight bad guys...*sigh* Just in case anyone cared (cause I sure don't anymore) here is the art for the aliens...they look like Pokemon. :dry:

sonic-colors-20100526105708058-000.jpg

PokeSonic! :funny:

Seriously, they look like poor ripoffs of Patapons.

Well lets be honest, now. I think we're being too critical of the concept of this game. I mean, if the game was starring Mario, and Mario had to use colors to save Peach from Bowser, no one would be put off. Mario has done some weird concepts before.

I'm going to take my wait and see route. The concept sounds good to me, so lets get the gameplay...

Hmm...this reminds me of the time we had the Sonic/Sega Racing thread that said that game would be bad and had a bad concept, then the game came out and a lot of us loved it.

Well lets be honest, now. I think we're being too critical of the concept of this game. I mean, if the game was starring Mario, and Mario had to use colors to save Peach from Bowser, no one would be put off. Mario has done some weird concepts before.

I'm going to take my wait and see route. The concept sounds good to me, so lets get the gameplay...

Hmm...this reminds me of the time we had the Sonic/Sega Racing thread that said that game would be bad and had a bad concept, then the game came out and a lot of us loved it.

Except the difference is that every time Mario has had a weird concept like going into space, being a part of an RPG, racing around in a go kart, it has worked. I'd give Mario a chance with the "colors" concept because Nintendo knows how to make a good game.

Sonic on the other hand, you get the werehog, and playing as three characters at the same time, or playing as his dark counterpart with guns and you get horrible game after horrible game.

Except the difference is that every time Mario has had a weird concept like going into space, being a part of an RPG, racing around in a go kart, it has worked. I'd give Mario a chance with the "colors" concept because Nintendo knows how to make a good game.

Sonic on the other hand, you get the werehog, and playing as three characters at the same time, or playing as his dark counterpart with guns and you get horrible game after horrible game.

Quoted for truth.

Mario games are more readily accepted due to the fantastic quality that the games end up being.

Sega hasn't put true quality in a Sonic game in years.

Then really, the argument isn't "this game fails because of the concept behind it", but rather "this game fails because its Sonic"?

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"

Sega hasn't had the ability to make a decent Sonic game in years, with the exception of handhelds. This one will be no different.

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"

Sega hasn't had the ability to make a decent Sonic game in years, with the exception of handhelds. This one will be no different.
Sadly I must agree. It's either bad plot or just gross gameplay. If this game pulls out to be a hit, I'll take a picture of me making out with my foot and post it on this thread. That is never going to happen though. :o

I think Cypher does have a point, even though the plot could work if Sonic Team could just make a decent game, it won't for that very reason. Sure, Mario has had some very strange plots. Heck, Galaxy is a plumber is space! But still, it's Nintendo and they are just the better gaming company. The sad side to this is that about every kid from ages 9-12 will die for this game. That's the very reason Sega is still around. Poor souls don't know any better. :(

Then really, the argument isn't "this game fails because of the concept behind it", but rather "this game fails because its Sonic"?

No it's "This Game fails because it's made by ****** developers." The team that made Sonic Unleashed, Sonic the Hedgehog '06, and the Sonic Storybook games.

You know, maybe if Sonic Team knew how to make a good game, maybe we would have more faith. Sonic Team hasn't made a good game in over 10 years with Sonic Adventure, and even then most of that game sucked with the only good parts being the Sonic parts.

Last edited:
About a year ago I would have never said this but, Nintnedo please but out Sega. Some people would like to see a good Sonic game in the near future/ever.

Last edited:
About a year ago I would hve never said this but, Nintnedo please but out Sega. Some people would like to see a good Sonic game in the near future/ever.

Why buy out Sega when Nintendo still has a bunch of properties of their own to work on like Kid Icarus, Pikmin, the Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, and a bunch of other properties that are begging to be updated for the Wii.

Sega just needs to get reorganized. You know, hire people with talent.

Well I hope they do it soon, because they are killing my favorite gameing icon. :(

They aren't going to do it soon because you know, Sega just loves to be mediocre for some reason.

Mediocre like not making a new Jet Grind Radio or Shenmue 3! :argh:

I can understand them not making Shenmue 3. No one bought the first two games.

I can understand them not making Shenmue 3. No one bought the first two games.
But they were great. And I got it. Plus Jet Grind Radio was epic! 100% agree with Brainiac.

They need more of the classic all around.

The more I read about this game, the more I see this game in action during development, the more potential I see.

Or maybe I'm just being difficult by being different...

An Unleashed-esque game with only hedgehog gameplay and an interesting power-up feature? Sounds good to me, as long as there's a good balance of speed and platforming, although I am looking to Sonic 4 a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"