Sonic Excursion (Working Title)

CJ

Sidekick
Reaction score
Rumor has it the next Sonic game will be released this November for PS3, PS4, Wii-U, XB360 & Xbox "Infinite"

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/01/son...-november-on-current-next-gen-formats-rumour/

-Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy (and possibly Eggman) are playable

-Dr. Eggman/Robotnik is after a mystical gold necklace

-Two known stages are: "Shattered Heights" a Speed Highway-style stage, which has Sonic and Tails jumping into the windows of Skyscrapers, running through Hallways and Offices, as panicked humans gasp and yell out. Another stage is called "Lunar Caverns" details are unknown.

-Each stage features alternate paths only accessible by certain characters.

-Emblems (from the Sonic Adventure series) are back.

The working title is "Sonic Excursion" but many people (myself included) suspect this could be the long-awaited Sonic Adventure 3.

certainly sounds like adventure 3 :D always look forward to more sonic games

The working title is "Sonic Excursion" but many people (myself included) suspect this could be the long-awaited Sonic Adventure 3.

What makes Sonic Adventure special compared to all the other 3D Sonic games?

i liked sonic adventure..but must admit i prefer both sonic colours and sonic generation over them.
I'd like a new sonic title...and i wish sega would bring sonic colours to psn..i would 100% buy it!

Because the first Sonic Adventure is the only good 3D Sonic title.

I'm sorry, but Sonic Adventure was never good. Not "for its time", not ever.

Regardless, that wasn't really my point. My point was, why does it matter if it's called Sonic Adventure 3? How would that make it different than any of the other 3D Sonic games? Except for the most recent ones with 2D sections, they seem largely similar to me. I don't see how adding "Adventure 3" to the title makes it significantly different than say, Sonic 06 or Unleashed for example.

Well, guess that rumor's been debunked.

Many Sonic fans consider the Adventure series to be the best 3D Sonic games. (Myself included)

To this day, over 10 years past the last Adventure title, there's still fans out there asking SEGA for Sonic Adventure 3. The gameplay of the Adventure series resembled a standard platformer, while future games introduced things like boosting, some were full of glitches, others had odd concepts like the WereHog, guns & swords, and then there's Shadow's awful spinoff game..

The Sonic Adventure games had, IMO, better storylines than other Sonic games. (Yeah, I know, gamers in general don't give a damn about story in a Sonic game, but long-time fans of the franchise do) The Adventure series tried to take Sonic a little more seriously, instead of the cute & silly stuff like Heroes, Colors and Generations. I know this will sound silly to most people, but the Adventure games had more of an 'epic' feel to them. (Sonic Adventure's CGI intro for example)

There was also a lot of variety in the Adventure games. (Though fishing sucked) and Sonic's VA, Ryan Drummond, gave him the best voice he's ever had.

Soapy said:
I'm sorry, but Sonic Adventure was never good

Then why did every critic on EGM give it near 10's back in '99?

& the GameCube port of Sonic Adventure 2 was one of the biggest selling games for the system.

Last edited:
Yeah it's cause it's a Nintendo exclusive, it did bad.

• GI Rating 5.0
    Sonic Lost World

cafe-icon.png

on Oct 18, 2013 at 02:00 AM

Sonic Lost World is a confused mash-up of finicky platforming, aggravating level design, and some of the most aggressively annoying villains ever.
    ... More
Last generation’s Sonic Generations and Sonic Colors were both poor attempts to fuse 2D and 3D platforming, and it’s sad to see Sonic Team fail to improve following those stumbling points. Lost World’s obvious inspiration from Super Mario Galaxy appeared to be a step in the right direction, but the core game is sub-par even by Sonic’s standards.
source:GI
Sure it is.

Last edited:
Being a Nintendo exclusive isn't the reason the game apparently sucks. The Wii U is a capable system that can and has produced some good titles. It's not like the Wii where the control scheme forced how development had to be approached as the U is capable of pushing out the same experience that the other consoles can. The issue is the developers and despite some recent success with the franchise, most Sonic games tend to suck. That's not a Nintendo problem but rather a Sega issue

Last edited:
Ether way they ( Sega ) have seriously reevaluations to do and they better not just put out another game. And these are the people that bought Atlus. Well only Atlas can help them out now . Lets hope that they rub off more on Sega than the other way around

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"