Insomniac's Next Franchise Is Multi-Plat

That's what he was saying. Everything that Insomniac has worked on is owned by either Sony (Ratchet & Clank, Resistance) or Activision (Spyro, Disruptor). Now they can do something that they will own the IP to.
Oh I see. Makes sense now. I hope they continue to make those games, but I can see them wanting to move on. (they will at least make Resistance 3, which hopefully gets a fitting conclusion) If they do the latter, I can see Sony selling those IPs to other developers which will then ruin them like they did Crash

Sony never sold the Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon IPs. If they owned them, they would have kept them because they were the faces of the PlayStation brand.

Universal owned the IPs to Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon. They decided to make the series multiplatform and give it to ****** developers. Of course Vivendi had Universal's game division merge with theres and then they merged with Activision and now Activision owns the IPs.

Oh I see. Makes sense now. I hope they continue to make those games, but I can see them wanting to move on. (they will at least make Resistance 3, which hopefully gets a fitting conclusion) If they do the latter, I can see Sony selling those IPs to other developers which will then ruin them like they did Crash

Insomniac Games has already confirmed that they will be continuing Ratchet and Resistance. So really, this whole situation is a win win for both parties. For us as gamers and for Insomniac from a business stand point.

Insomniac Games is still making exclusives for Sony and have promised a few more IP's down the road that will be Sony exclusive. They will never, at least at this point in time, make an exclusive IP for Xbox. Which, in my opinion, is a loyal thing to do.

A video of a cancelled game which was supposed to be Insomniac's next IP following Spyro was released. They didnt go forward with it and instead developed Ratchet

Last edited by a moderator:
It was already expected, as the rumors since last year kept saying that Insomniac would make their first multiplatform game.

Sony never bought them, never understood why, as they only made games for the Playstation brand....well, it´s their loss.
Next one will be Sucker Punch for the same reasons if Sony doesn´t do anything.

Isildur´s Heir;18389444 said:
It was already expected, as the rumors since last year kept saying that Insomniac would make their first multiplatform game.

Sony never bought them, never understood why, as they only made games for the Playstation brand....well, it´s their loss.
Next one will be Sucker Punch for the same reasons if Sony doesn´t do anything.
as already stated in this thread, Sony has tried. It was Insomniac's decision to remain indepedent to retain complete control of their IPs and work

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"