Playstation Insomniac's Spider-Man 2

I'm out then. I absolutely hate the altered version.

giphy.gif

HOLY ****!!! We need gifs and screengrabs.

Get over it. You're being petty and are just going to miss out on the rest of the game over one superficial change you dislike.

Don't see it that way. The point is that Peter is mid to late 20's version of the character and the original concept model presented a brilliant physical and mature version of that 'era', they've made him look and appear younger to to tie in with Tom H MCU version. Not a fan. Disrespectful to the original actor in my view.

I hate the altered version too.
But, come on...it`s Spider-Man. And Venom. I can`t not play this.

I hate the altered version too.
But, come on...it`s Spider-Man. And Venom. I can`t not play this.

Believe me, I adore the original, it's frankly the best game ever made, and best version of both Peter and Spider-Man, outside the comics for me, but the changes to the physical model in the re-mastered are deal-breakers for me. I Genuinely hope the sequel is as great as the first, and I am sure it will be, but I can't buy it with knowing the re-model of Peter is the one you have to use.

The face still bums me out too but there's plenty of time left for them to win me over. PS5s might even be obtainable then, ha. I like a bit of Venom, I like a bit of Kraven. I'll certainly play this. I'll likely never be an invested in it as I was for the first, but it'll still be a fun game.

Hopefully early 2023 and not late still cant believe insomniac showed 2 games again like last year.

Lots to talk about from just this teaser, I mean first of all- looks incredible. Insomniac really spoils us, then to add to this they're also making a new Wolverine game?? Yes please!

Lots of new changes to both Peter's and Miles' suits. I think it'd be cool if it's like a GTA 5 type thing where you get to play as more than 1 character and can switch off mostly whenever and they exist in the map together. Hope the NYC map is even bigger with parts like Queens.

The Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon was the first to try Harry as Venom and that was a sour taste but if that's what happens here I've got more faith in Insomniac doing that then those dudes making that cartoon lol. But ya never know, could be more to it than what we know from the first two games- Eddie was referenced a few times in the first game so he exists.

Definitely seems like it's gonna be a darker game tonally, I guess Kraven and Venom bring that. Kraven seems to have his own squad of goons much like most enemies in these games have their own faction of enemies to fight. I hope we see Calypso towing along with Kraven. Venom's face looks rad and the fact that it's Tony Todd voicing is gonna be super cool.

Yeah I mean hopefully by 2023 I can get my hands on a PS5, kinda still doubt they exist lmao.

I already got my PS5, so I am ready :o

Me too haha Damn the suits look great. Lost of good subtle changes but seeing both Spider-Men side by side was mouthwatering. Miles Morales was just an appetizer. I hope there's co-op in this or you can switch over between Miles and Peter during combat like the Arkham games.

I was kind of hoping we would see Venom paired up with a lesser known antagonist, like the first game did with the Mr Negative & Doc Ock pairing.

Venom AND Kraven! This game is gonna awesome

I personally don’t mind if Harry is Venom. Perhaps they’ll introduce Eddie in this game setting it up so the symbiote will then attach itself to Eddie?

I was kind of hoping we would see Venom paired up with a lesser known antagonist, like the first game did with the Mr Negative & Doc Ock pairing.
We still might, I'm sure there'll be several other villains in the game in addition to Venom and Kraven. The first game kept Ock a secret through pretty much all of its marketing.

Insomniac confirms it’s gonna be a PS5 only title.
This has me excited, Rift Apart was visually amazing and that was just their first go at an exclusive for the new gen. Can't wait to see what they can do for Spidey without having to hold back to make it play nice on PS4.

So insomniac at worst is going to be giving us 4 games this gen. I say at worst because by the end of 2023-2024 when this and Wolverine are out we still have a few years left where they could give us spiderman 3 or another ratchet and clank or something.

So insomniac at worst is going to be giving us 4 games this gen. I say at worst because by the end of 2023-2024 when this and Wolverine are out we still have a few years left where they could give us spiderman 3 or another ratchet and clank or something.
Daredevil.

When did the daredevil rumor start? I only heard that in this thread? I dont really care for that character but if its insomanic making that I would have to be in lol.

I wonder what the story's really about, cause yeah the main stuff with Doc Ock was absent from all the marketing of the first game. I mean people like showing Venom cause he's marketable. We've yet to get any goblin's in this universe and Norman has been foreshadowed to get all green so maybe he's factoring into it in a big capacity again.

I'm surprised both Venom and Kraven have been teased. They both feel like a lot of story, especially with 2 Spider-men in the mix. I'm not sure how it shuffles out but I'm curious. I think there's got to be a lot of reinvention going on. Like, is Peter even going to interact with the symbiote for a time? Harry's already got it right? Will he simply be Venom? Eddie could no longer be a rival reporter, so I'd guess he's not going to be a factor.

I hope there's a good number of villains in this. I think the first had a lot of quests end with thugs that could have been a fun low-level villain. Maybe not Screwball though.

Kravens last Hunt semi-adaption? I wonder if they'll introduce Brock or have Osborn be the Symbiote.

I hope they manage to introduce Brock, but judging from the previous games it seems they're going for Harry Venom which I'm not a fan of. Either way, it would be fun if we can as Venom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"