Playstation Insomniac's Spider-Man 2

Excited as hell. Now I have real motivation to push over a grandma to get my hands on a PS5 by the time it comes out.

I'm not surprised by the Venom reveal due to the ending of the 1st game.

I'm more surprised with the Peter / Miles team up. It looks like they are co headlining this game. And I wonder if we get more obscure villains like Mr. Negative.

Like a lot of people had never heard of Mr. Negative before the game but I sure loved him in the game. I guess I just figured in trailers we would see the black suit but not venom that they would like surprise us with venom in the full game.

I'm more surprised with the Peter / Miles team up. It looks like they are co headlining this game.
I'm curious about that too. Will only Peter be the only character to freeroam and Miles playable only in certain missions like the first game? Can you switch between them like GTA V? I'm guessing it'll be more Peter-heavy since Miles has his own series.

I'm curious about that too. Will only Peter be the only character to freeroam and Miles playable only in certain missions like the first game? Can you switch between them like GTA V? I'm guessing it'll be more Peter-heavy since Miles has his own series.
Probably both. I think we could switch between the two as long as they aren't locked by story progression. But I guess this also rules out a Miles Morales 2 game.

As for Venom, I was thinking of Sony giving his own game but then the Wolverine announcement happened.

I'm perfectly fine if Insomniac becomes a Sony studio focusing on making Marvel games. I have no interest in Ratchet & Clank.

Maybe they're gonna do a different kind of thing where Spidey doesn't get the symbiote or he only has it for a short time. There was reasons why they didn't put the Superior suits or symbiote suit in the game.

So wait is this going to feature Eddie Brock as well? Or was that Harry?

I'm perfectly fine if Insomniac becomes a Sony studio focusing on making Marvel games. I have no interest in Ratchet & Clank.
peHMGHB.gif

No. Just no, bad Psylock.

I pretty much figured both heroes would headline this game. And Kraven and Venom make two great villains to focus on.
As much as I hope we'd get Eddie Brock. I get the feeling it'll be Harry as venom or at least maybe at first.

I'm confused with the direction for Harry. Hopefully its cleared when the game comes out in 2023. To me Eddie Brock is the definitive Venom and I hope Insomniac does that. But including him in this game would make the roster ever larger and I'm not sure about that. Like 2 Spider-Men and 2 Venoms? I wouldn't mind a Venom spin off game, as that would be a very Sony move.

canit wait for the game. for those who dislike the new face for peter i want you guys to enjoy this game. funny thiny the new model is the same age peter is supposed to be in the game and it had nothing to do with tom holland. the model matched the voice actor more so its less work for them to fix during animation. still it doesnt mean you should like it. hopefully you chnage your mind in the nest few years and join us playing

based on the first game theres going to be more than the two villains. i will bet my ps5 on it. i also love the new alterations to the suit. i hated the suit when i first saw it but it grew on me quickly.

If it comes out in Q4 2023, it will be Five years since the 1st game and three years after the second game.:eek:

With Kraven showing up in this game I really do hope we get a Lizard fight in this game. And who knows if Goblin is still in this game as well the last game had a bunch of villains in it I really doubt its going to be just Venom and Kraven

The first game had ten bosses (eXcluding the ones that were only fought in the dlcs), with Miles as a playable character full time. We should at least get 12 bosses in the base game.

My wishlist
1. Venom
2. Sandman
3. Lizard
4. Kraven (only bcos he seems confirmed)
5. Mysterio

Hopefully without the sinister siX they would spread out the villains better. I wouldn't be surprised if Green Goblin is a villain as well,I could see them saving him as the final boss.

Mysterio is another Villian I would love to see in this game ALso if there going to do Carnage I think they should save him for the 3rd game if this ever becomes a trilogy.

Mysterio is another Villian I would love to see in this game ALso if there going to do Carnage I think they should save him for the 3rd game if this ever becomes a trilogy.
Carnage would be fitting for a Venom game. I can see Insomniac doing a smaller spin off game similar to Miles Morales before Spider-Man 3. I also wonder if they are going to feature Morbius. A Morbius dlc would be interesting.

I'm really looking forward to this as the first one was great, but I'm disappointed to see that Miles might be such a big part of it. If Parker couldn't have been the only hero I'd much rather had a completely different one added than having a knock-off Spidey.

I'm not thrilled over Venom as a big villain either as he and Carnage were the deal when I decided to stop reading comics, but I'm sure they can do something interesting with him. Venom feels too big to be a minor thing before Goblin appears though, and my main want was continuing that plot line of the original. Time will tell.

I'm confused with the direction for Harry. Hopefully its cleared when the game comes out in 2023. To me Eddie Brock is the definitive Venom and I hope Insomniac does that. But including him in this game would make the roster ever larger and I'm not sure about that. Like 2 Spider-Men and 2 Venoms? I wouldn't mind a Venom spin off game, as that would be a very Sony move.

Yes it's confusing. This is a silly theory and probably not true, but imagine if they made Harry the black suited Spider-Man instead of Peter, and he is an ally at first, but turns more and more "Venomy" in the course of the story.

For myself, I've seen the black suit story enough times that I wont mind any creative liberty as long as the results are compelling.

Yes it's confusing. This is a silly theory and probably not true, but imagine if they made Harry the black suited Spider-Man instead of Peter, and he is an ally at first, but turns more and more "Venomy" in the course of the story.

For myself, I've seen the black suit story enough times that I wont mind any creative liberty as long as the results are compelling.
Having Harry as the symbiote Spider-Man would mean there's 3 Spider-Men which could feel a lot. I feel like having Miles is already taking away something from Peter, as I eXpected this to be a full Peter Parker game as opposed to a literal 2 Spider-Men game. I hope they can juggle three characters well. Norman Osborne would probably have a role as big as Doc Ock in the 1st gane. I think we'll see Green Goblin even if its just a tease in the end.

While I think there's a big chance Eddie Brock would be in this game. I just can't see Sony not using this chance to not feature the lead of Sony Spider-Man Universe. Spider-Man 3 is too far (from home) for them to save Eddie in the 3quel.

I'm really looking forward to this as the first one was great, but I'm disappointed to see that Miles might be such a big part of it. If Parker couldn't have been the only hero I'd much rather had a completely different one added than having a knock-off Spidey.

I'm not thrilled over Venom as a big villain either as he and Carnage were the deal when I decided to stop reading comics, but I'm sure they can do something interesting with him. Venom feels too big to be a minor thing before Goblin appears though, and my main want was continuing that plot line of the original. Time will tell.
I don’t agree that Miles is simply a knockoff Spidey but I do share your preference for the game to be centrally about Peter Parker’s Spider-Man with no other superheroes running around, but this is only the first teaser and just because he’s featured pretty prominently in this teaser, doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be featured that significantly in the actual game so Miles could have a smaller role than what this teaser is letting on. Time will tell.

Probably both. I think we could switch between the two as long as they aren't locked by story progression. But I guess this also rules out a Miles Morales 2 game.

As for Venom, I was thinking of Sony giving his own game but then the Wolverine announcement happened.

We'll definitely get another Miles game. They're essentially expansion games but they're not as costly considering they'd just reuse the maps from the mainline Spider-Man games. Plus it's a great way to keep fans interested during the time in between the Peter Parker sequels since Miles Morales is a great game on its own as well, and definitely makes the wait between 1 and 2 more bearable.

I got a PS5 a few weeks ago and had no idea this was coming!!!!! So hyped.

My mind is going crazy just thinking about how insane the physics are gonna be. They were incredible in the 2018 game, even more incredible in Miles, so I can't imagine what other upgrades they'll make.

I don’t agree that Miles is simply a knockoff Spidey but I do share your preference for the game to be centrally about Peter Parker’s Spider-Man with no other superheroes running around, but this is only the first teaser and just because he’s featured pretty prominently in this teaser, doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be featured that significantly in the actual game so Miles could have a smaller role than what this teaser is letting on. Time will tell.
I just don't see how Miles Morales is so prominent in the teaser not to be a main playable character. I imagine the boX art to feature both Spider-Men.

Excited as hell. Now I have real motivation to push over a grandma to get my hands on a PS5 by the time it comes out.

Well its not out til 2023. So you have some time to save up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"