Playstation Insomniac's Spider-Man 2

In the main game it would have felt like overkill but yeah, they could have easily been side bosses for the symbiote specific missions.

I just finished the game and I thought
it was kinda weird that they left Harry in a coma. They must have some really important plans for him cause it would've been more impactful if his sacrifice actually ended in his death.

Venom was hit and miss. He was definitely cool and I liked that he bit Kraven's head off, but it's like Insomniac couldn't decide if the symbiote corrupts the host or just flat-out takes over completely.

I can't begin to imagine what they have planned for the 3rd story. I'm not convinced this particular Otto would pull the Superior switcheroo. It's also hard to imagine this Norman as Goblin or what his plans as Goblin would be.

The Harry and Peter level is adorable. Riding their little bikes and everything...

Finally. I'm also curious as to what the new suits will be. They pretty much covered every live-action movie suit apart from Tobey's wrestling outfit and Andrew's proto-suit from TASM1 but what I'm hoping for is a bunch of suits carried over from the first game along with a Peter B. Parker sweatpants suit.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, but the lack of a New Game + (I know everyone complains about that), truly kills the replay value. I still love it, though. Just...give me a Spider-Verse accurate Hobie suit, please...also, Pvitr would be nice!

I'm hoping that since we're supposedly not getting any DLC for the game that they dump a whole bunch of suits on us with the update, both old ones from the first game and new ones too.

I'm hoping that since we're supposedly not getting any DLC for the game that they dump a whole bunch of suits on us with the update, both old ones from the first game and new ones too.
Well if the leaks are any indicator, there were plans for DLC. Now how far did they get and whether or not they still end up happening is up in the air.

Well if the leaks are any indicator, there were plans for DLC. Now how far did they get and whether or not they still end up happening is up in the air.
I thought that from the leaks
they were opting for a Venom spinoff instead of DLC for 2?

I thought that from the leaks
they were opting for a Venom spinoff instead of DLC for 2?
There are plans for that as well but there were screenshots from a slideshow presentation that showed they had a post-game road map for at least 3 DLCs over the course of the next year. But who knows if that's even gonna happen at this point.

There are plans for that as well but there were screenshots from a slideshow presentation that showed they had a post-game road map for at least 3 DLCs over the course of the next year. But who knows if that's even gonna happen at this point.
Interesting. I must have missed that.

Interesting. I must have missed that.
Yea there was a few articles about it but I think it got buried under all the news at the time, like this one from the home page:

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Free DLC Detailed in Insomniac Hack

After I saw this article, I dug around a bit at the time but I found another forum where the users freely posting all the stuff from the leak and that's where I saw the presentation slides.

I don't understand why they would need to cancel anything because of the leaks. Probably not that many people have even seen/read the leaks. They should go forward with every plan with confidence.

I don't understand why they would need to cancel anything because of the leaks. Probably not that many people have even seen/read the leaks. They should go forward with every plan with confidence.
That's not why. If they did cancel the DLC, it would be because of the workload the employees have had to deal with. We already know from the developers themselves that they had to cut out a bunch of stuff from the 3rd act in order to meet their deadlines. Not to mention the hack itself probably sunk employee morale even more (remember employee data was also leaked). So it would not surprise me at all if they decided to cancel the DLC in an effort to lower the workload and focus on their next game.

As much as I would love DLC for this. They're are working on Wolverine and presumably Venom: Lethal Protector. So they definitely have a huge work load.

Is there a rumor the DLC was cancelled/ there is no DLC that I missed?

No there isn't, I was just saying I wouldn't be surprised if that happened (though I'm hoping it will still come out).

Last edited:
I heard on YouTube that they had to cancel (LEAK SPOILERS!)

a Spider-Verse multiplayer game

...because of the hack. Also the DLC article that Venom 1988 linked said:

"it’s currently unclear what the plans are for them following the leak. The company hasn’t acknowledged the veracity of the leaks as of now, so it’s unknown what will and won’t be happening in the future."

So my take away was that the DLC might get cancelled because of the leaks.

I heard on YouTube that they had to cancel (LEAK SPOILERS!)

a Spider-Verse multiplayer game

...because of the hack.
Well that's a bit different. The leaks themselves mention the game was cancelled. So it was cancelled long before the leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"