Iron Man Interview with Favreau and Downey Jr.

Discussion in 'Iron Man' started by Figs, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Figs Registered

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Here is the link to two vids. One is about 2 minutes with Favreau and the other is a real quick one with Downey Jr.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/848/848108p1.html

Love Downey's response to the question if he has a cameo in the Hulk.

2. Carp Man Registered

Thanks. I found myself going thru them all, and seeing how it has developed from step to step, and 1 thing I heard time, and time again, was how Marvel gave Fav a lot of freedom to do things, to try things, to be creative. I think Marvel learned from Fox. You have to allow the director, and cast some amount of freedom, some amount of creativity. You can't have iron fisted control. You can't go rote from the script. I'm even more encouraged, and more convinced that IM will be big. Marvel appears to have done all the right things. Fav in that 1st one from the 28th, was talking about a 2 hour movie. That's just about right. :woot:

3. Figs Registered

That also had my ears tingling lol. When he mentioned "a 2 hour movie". I hope he wasn't just exaggerating a little bit.

4. Carp Man Registered

Another thing I liked was when Paltrow said she could not rember ever standing in front of green screen. :woot: If most of the movie was made without green screen that will be great. It will have a more natural feel to it. :cwink:

5. Figs Registered

Agreed!

I really can't wait to see what Favreau did different than the other comic films out there. With the mentioning of the studios giving him freedom as well as Favreau stating he wanted to do things a little different than what were used to, I wonder what he has in store for us.

6. Carp Man Registered

Well if it's anything like the reaction at comic con, it should be out of sight. Fav said they wanted to see it more than once. That's a very positive sign. When it past the smell test of comic con, he's got something special. I also liked when Fav said they were going to save Stark's alcohol problem for later. They seem to be taking it step, by step. Not rushing into anything. Not shoving too much into 1 movie. That shows me someone knows what they are doing. We could be seeing the beginning of a SM like trifecta. Not as big mind you, but the building 1 on top of the other.

7. Figs Registered

Wasn't most of what they showed at Comic Con in the released trailer though, or was there more?

8. Carp Man Registered

I have no idea. I have never been to Comic Con, so I can't say. Find AD and he'd know. He's the guru of the inner working of all things hollywood.

9. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

There was a bit more of the interaction between Toub & Downey in the cave as I remember in the CCon showing.

10. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

New to me