Iron Man Interview with Favreau and Downey Jr.

Figs

Avenger
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Here is the link to two vids. One is about 2 minutes with Favreau and the other is a real quick one with Downey Jr.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/848/848108p1.html

Love Downey's response to the question if he has a cameo in the Hulk.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Here is the link to two vids. One is about 2 minutes with Favreau and the other is a real quick one with Downey Jr.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/848/848108p1.html

Love Downey's response to the question if he has a cameo in the Hulk.

Thanks. I found myself going thru them all, and seeing how it has developed from step to step, and 1 thing I heard time, and time again, was how Marvel gave Fav a lot of freedom to do things, to try things, to be creative. I think Marvel learned from Fox. You have to allow the director, and cast some amount of freedom, some amount of creativity. You can't have iron fisted control. You can't go rote from the script. I'm even more encouraged, and more convinced that IM will be big. Marvel appears to have done all the right things. Fav in that 1st one from the 28th, was talking about a 2 hour movie. That's just about right. :woot:

Thanks. I found myself going thru them all, and seeing how it has developed from step to step, and 1 thing I heard time, and time again, was how Marvel gave Fav a lot of freedom to do things, to try things, to be creative. I think Marvel learned from Fox. You have to allow the director, and cast some amount of freedom, some amount of creativity. You can't have iron fisted control. You can't go rote from the script. I'm even more encouraged, and more convinced that IM will be big. Marvel appears to have done all the right things. Fav in that 1st one from the 28th, was talking about a 2 hour movie. That's just about right. :woot:

That also had my ears tingling lol. When he mentioned "a 2 hour movie". I hope he wasn't just exaggerating a little bit.

That also had my ears tingling lol. When he mentioned "a 2 hour movie". I hope he wasn't just exaggerating a little bit.

Another thing I liked was when Paltrow said she could not rember ever standing in front of green screen. :woot: If most of the movie was made without green screen that will be great. It will have a more natural feel to it. :cwink:

Another thing I liked was when Paltrow said she could not rember ever standing in front of green screen. :woot: If most of the movie was made without green screen that will be great. It will have a more natural feel to it. :cwink:

Agreed!

I really can't wait to see what Favreau did different than the other comic films out there. With the mentioning of the studios giving him freedom as well as Favreau stating he wanted to do things a little different than what were used to, I wonder what he has in store for us.

Agreed!

I really can't wait to see what Favreau did different than the other comic films out there. With the mentioning of the studios giving him freedom as well as Favreau stating he wanted to do things a little different than what were used to, I wonder what he has in store for us.

Well if it's anything like the reaction at comic con, it should be out of sight. Fav said they wanted to see it more than once. That's a very positive sign. When it past the smell test of comic con, he's got something special. I also liked when Fav said they were going to save Stark's alcohol problem for later. They seem to be taking it step, by step. Not rushing into anything. Not shoving too much into 1 movie. That shows me someone knows what they are doing. We could be seeing the beginning of a SM like trifecta. Not as big mind you, but the building 1 on top of the other.

Wasn't most of what they showed at Comic Con in the released trailer though, or was there more?

Wasn't most of what they showed at Comic Con in the released trailer though, or was there more?

I have no idea. I have never been to Comic Con, so I can't say. Find AD and he'd know. He's the guru of the inner working of all things hollywood.

There was a bit more of the interaction between Toub & Downey in the cave as I remember in the CCon showing.

New to me
Robert Downey Jr. tries new role as superhero

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - No matter the movie, Robert Downey Jr. is incapable of turning in an uninteresting performance. While his films -- most recently "Charlie Bartlett" and "Zodiac" -- haven't always found large audiences, the May 2 Paramount Pictures release "Iron Man" promises to connect Downey with the masses. Downey, 42, recently chatted about comic-book movies, working out and action figures.

THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: WHEN YOU THINK OF ROBERT DOWNEY JR.
THE ACTOR, "ACTION HERO" ISN'T THE FIRST THING THAT COMES TO
MIND. WHAT DREW YOU TO "IRON MAN?"
Robert Downey Jr.: (Jon) Favreau was directing it. And when I went (to the Marvel headquarters) to meet with ... all the bigwigs there, I walked down the halls and saw certain of my peers in all these big, crazy, cool posters and stuff, and I'm like, "This has got to be fun." Plus, no one who was in a really successful superhero franchise has ever said to me, "Boy, I really wish I hadn't done that."

THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: WHAT KIND OF PHYSICAL TRAINING
PROCESS DID YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH TO PLAY TONY STARK (THE
BRILLIANT INVENTORS WHOSE SUIT OF ARMOR MAKES HIM INVINCIBLE)?
Downey: My job was just to get in shape like I was in my mid-20s, which was kind of hilarious and also pretty effective. I've done martial arts for years, so I knew I could get in shape without injuring myself. The point of the story is that (Stark) puts on a suit, and this suit gives him this power that he didn't have access to before, so I didn't want to get all huge. But I also didn't want to look like a schlub. So I worked my ass off, and then the three or four days where I was supposed to look like I was in shape, I pretty much ended up looking that way. It was probably 1,500 hours of effort for 11 seconds of screen time.

THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR "IRON MAN"
ACTION FIGURE YET?
Downey: I have. It looks pretty good. We actually had an "Iron Man" mask on top of our Christmas tree this year. I'm not worshiping false idols -- it was almost more like the reason we were having a good Christmas. He was kind of like the patron saint of there being big boxes under the tree. For reasons that shouldn't be too difficult to calculate, I'm incredibly grateful to have the opportunities that I do. It doesn't take much for me to be stoked.
Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

source

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"