Inuyasha sequel series

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by terry78, May 8, 2020.

1. Boy Scout Registered

I haven’t bothered to watch the newest episode because it just seems like pointless filler.

I’m enjoying the show, but they’re really dragging out revealing to us what happened to the original cast. It wouldn’t be a problem if some of them weren’t involved and the others weren’t name dropping Kagome, Inuyasha, and Sesshomaru every other episode, but it’s grating.

TheVileOne likes this.
  2. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

If this show is anything like the original, be prepared to wait a very long time for such answers. :hehe:

Boy Scout likes this.
  3. Boy Scout Registered

I can’t put up with that again. I just can’t. :funny:

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  4. TheVileOne Registered

Nothing happened through the entirety of the whole show. It ended with nothing being resolved. They had to wait for Rumiko Takahashi to finish the manga so they could finally get around to resolving the story and did the final act episodes.

Whenever Inuyasha and Kagome made progress in their relationship, they'd take five steps back. The story constantly went in circles with Naraku who was a lame, boring villain.

The best characters in the show were the supporting ones, like Sesshoumaru.

DarthSkywalker and scarlet-witch like this.
  5. scarlet-witch Stormborn

It looks like this next episode should offer some answers unless that Inukag flashback is half a second long like the one with Miroku.

6. TheVileOne Registered

Rest in peace to Kirby Morrow, the English VA for Miroku, had a pretty long resume and chances are worked on a bunch of cartoons you likely watched.

More recently, he was the voice of Cole on Ninjago.

7. scarlet-witch Stormborn

Hearing about Morrow is awful, he was so young. I wonder how many episodes of this he recorded before he passed?

TheVileOne likes this.
  8. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

I'm watching the dub, recently finished episode 5, and I feel like stuff is happening pretty fast compared to the original which is notorious for how stretched out it all was.

Also Moroha's the best character of the new trio so far.

[​IMG]

Not because she's Kagome and Inuyasha's daughter, but because she's cut from the same archetype as a favorite of mine elsewhere, Lina Inverse (The Slayers series).

scarlet-witch likes this.
  9. scarlet-witch Stormborn

Judging by the preview for next week's episode they're actually turning Sesshomaru into Pedomaru. :wall:

10. TheVileOne Registered

What does that make Inuyasha? Considering he was in his 60s when he met Kagome.

11. scarlet-witch Stormborn

I don't think this is a fair comparison. Inuyasha, while older was physically and mentally a teenager, as Kagome was. Sesshomaru was introduced as a grown man and Rin was 8. It reeks of grooming.

12. TheVileOne Registered

Is Rin confirmed to be the mother?

13. The Big G A Filthy Ningen

pretty much

14. Boy Scout Registered

I think describing Sesshomaru as a pedophile is a bit much, but I don’t in any way support his relationship with Rin. The age gap wouldn’t bother me if he hadn’t essentially been her guardian - if not a father-figure - when she was a child. That’s weird as hell to me. And doing the math, she was what...17? 18? When she gave birth? And necessarily a little bit younger when they started having sex?

15. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

There were zero other suspects for Towa’s and Setsuna’s mother and they were written into Rin’s story early on on-screen so not a surprise there.

They think they were making Rin Sesshomoru’s Kagome, difference is they traveled together for 4 years (?) before Kaede raised Rin for another 6 years.

The age of consent in Japan is 13 years old so that’s that puts their values out of step with the rest of the world, and the show draws values going back to feudal Japan so even more out of step there.

Sesshomoru creating his own family is as odd as Palpatine doing that in Star Wars, so from the start it’s not the path I would’ve continued down.

I just watch for the fun Moroha demon slaying action, the wack backstory not being that big a part of the episodes.

#40 MagnarTheGreat, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021