Inuyasha sequel series

I haven’t bothered to watch the newest episode because it just seems like pointless filler.

I’m enjoying the show, but they’re really dragging out revealing to us what happened to the original cast. It wouldn’t be a problem if some of them weren’t involved and the others weren’t name dropping Kagome, Inuyasha, and Sesshomaru every other episode, but it’s grating.

I haven’t bothered to watch the newest episode because it just seems like pointless filler.

I’m enjoying the show, but they’re really dragging out revealing to us what happened to the original cast. It wouldn’t be a problem if some of them weren’t involved and the others weren’t name dropping Kagome, Inuyasha, and Sesshomaru every other episode, but it’s grating.
If this show is anything like the original, be prepared to wait a very long time for such answers. :hehe:

Nothing happened through the entirety of the whole show. It ended with nothing being resolved. They had to wait for Rumiko Takahashi to finish the manga so they could finally get around to resolving the story and did the final act episodes.

Whenever Inuyasha and Kagome made progress in their relationship, they'd take five steps back. The story constantly went in circles with Naraku who was a lame, boring villain.

The best characters in the show were the supporting ones, like Sesshoumaru.

It looks like this next episode should offer some answers unless that Inukag flashback is half a second long like the one with Miroku.

Hearing about Morrow is awful, he was so young. I wonder how many episodes of this he recorded before he passed?

I'm watching the dub, recently finished episode 5, and I feel like stuff is happening pretty fast compared to the original which is notorious for how stretched out it all was.

Also Moroha's the best character of the new trio so far.

860df03c6f700b8da374edf0baffd8ddf2150ccf.gifv

Not because she's Kagome and Inuyasha's daughter, but because she's cut from the same archetype as a favorite of mine elsewhere, Lina Inverse (The Slayers series).

Judging by the preview for next week's episode they're actually turning Sesshomaru into Pedomaru. :wall:

What does that make Inuyasha? Considering he was in his 60s when he met Kagome.
I don't think this is a fair comparison. Inuyasha, while older was physically and mentally a teenager, as Kagome was. Sesshomaru was introduced as a grown man and Rin was 8. It reeks of grooming.

I think describing Sesshomaru as a pedophile is a bit much, but I don’t in any way support his relationship with Rin. The age gap wouldn’t bother me if he hadn’t essentially been her guardian - if not a father-figure - when she was a child. That’s weird as hell to me. And doing the math, she was what...17? 18? When she gave birth? And necessarily a little bit younger when they started having sex?

There were zero other suspects for Towa’s and Setsuna’s mother and they were written into Rin’s story early on on-screen so not a surprise there.

They think they were making Rin Sesshomoru’s Kagome, difference is they traveled together for 4 years (?) before Kaede raised Rin for another 6 years.

The age of consent in Japan is 13 years old so that’s that puts their values out of step with the rest of the world, and the show draws values going back to feudal Japan so even more out of step there.

Sesshomoru creating his own family is as odd as Palpatine doing that in Star Wars, so from the start it’s not the path I would’ve continued down.

I just watch for the fun Moroha demon slaying action, the wack backstory not being that big a part of the episodes.

Last edited:
I’m past the background episode in the dub about Rin and that was a pretty bad idea that she still refers to Sesshomoru as her ‘Lord’. Sesshomoru is still portrayed as villainous and has zero charisma or chemistry with Rin, it’s still cold and distant and one-sided Rin pining for Sesshomoru.

It was a misfire and contrasts poorly with the rest of the show which I like - which thankfully hasn’t been about this backstory but mostly about Towa trying to help Setsuna and Moroha’s backstory and adventures.

Rumor: Yashahime: Princess Half Demon Reportedly Confirms Season 2

Last edited:
Sesshomaru marrying Rin and having kids with her is more like fan fiction to me. Also, what the hell even happens to Rin after he takes her twin babies away? She gets sealed into a tree.

Don't the twins and Moroha care about the whereabouts of their NOT DEAD parents? Don't they want to save them?

What about Sango and Miroku? Have they done nothing for years to maybe help and rescue their best friends after all they went through together?

I'm sorry, but some of the writing for this show is not good...just like the original.

Last edited:

So like most of the original Inuyasha ;)

I think describing Sesshomaru as a pedophile is a bit much, but I don’t in any way support his relationship with Rin. The age gap wouldn’t bother me if he hadn’t essentially been her guardian - if not a father-figure - when she was a child. That’s weird as hell to me. And doing the math, she was what...17? 18? When she gave birth? And necessarily a little bit younger when they started having sex?
That sounds like a pedo to me.

That sounds like a pedo to me.

I don’t want to be put in a position to defend this trash pairing or the subpar writing that lead to sticking them together in the first place, but if I can say anything in response to this, it’s that I don’t think he was attracted to her when she was a literal child. I think it’s incredibly weird that he was ever able to look at her in a romantic or sexual light after being her guardian for a year but I don’t think it means he was secretly lusting after her the whole time. The series kind of retroactively makes him look like one because of the way it’s set up, though, so I don’t really wanna argue that point too strongly.

EDIT: I take it back. I thought about it more and really considered the Sesshomaru side of things and you’re 100% right. Dude is literally centuries old, there is nothing he should have found appealing about her around the time he married and had sex with her.

**I don’t consider this series canon, anyway, so they can run wild with whatever the **** they want.

** = this was written before the edit.

I don’t want to be put in a position to defend this trash pairing or the subpar writing that lead to sticking them together in the first place, but if I can say anything in response to this, it’s that I don’t think he was attracted to her when she was a literal child. I think it’s incredibly weird that he was ever able to look at her in a romantic or sexual light after being her guardian for a year but I don’t think it means he was secretly lusting after her the whole time. The series kind of retroactively makes him look like one because of the way it’s set up, though, so I don’t really wanna argue that point too strongly.

EDIT: I take it back. I thought about it more and really considered the Sesshomaru side of things and you’re 100% right. Dude is literally centuries old, there is nothing he should have found appealing about her around the time he married and had sex with her.

**I don’t consider this series canon, anyway, so they can run wild with whatever the **** they want.

** = this was written before the edit.
Yeah. This is the general issue I have with a lot of ancient vamp/high school girl, situations. Has led to a lot of reevaluating of stuff I enjoyed as a kid. *side eyes Buffy*

Yeah. This is the general issue I have with a lot of ancient vamp/high school girl, situations. Has led to a lot of reevaluating of stuff I enjoyed as a kid. *side eyes Buffy*

I can understand it if the character is essentially frozen in time and meets their love interest when they’re at a point where they can, emotionally and intellectually, be on the same page. Inuyasha and Kagome are an example of that; he’s much older than her but they’re equals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"