Arrow Invasion crossover - more Justice League-y than Justice League?

Milk Tray Guy

70s Man of Action
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of people online comparing the CW crossover Crisis on Earth-X with the DCEU Justice League but none drawing comparison between JL and the 2016 Invasion crossover.

I'm not a regular viewer of the CW shows (I just couldn't get into them) but someone knowing my lifelong love of things DC bought me the DVD containing all three parts of Invasion. I'd rewatched Justice League for the first (and probably last) time about a week beforehand and on watching Invasion I found that it felt far more like a JL movie than JL did. Honestly, I enjoyed it far more than I expected to. The action was good (hell, with nowhere near the budget for their CGI that JL had it still looked better than a lot of the CGI in JL) and the banter between heroes was spot-on, not feeling in any way forced. Honestly, I thought they did a great job and I'll will be rewatching this.

Anybody else find Invasion more League-y than Justice League?

Last edited:
Not really. I found Invasion, and the subsequent Crisis on Earth X entertaining, but very, very cluttered and laughable (in parts). They're very different things, with very different portrayals of characters.

The DCEU Justice League failed to meet expectations, and yet had a desire to be more than it was. The DCTV crossover event doesn't aspire to be the small screen Justice League, and because of that, the episodes don't remotely reach the potential they could do.

Oh I don't deny that Justice League had worthy aspirations. I like Snyder. I loved MoS, I liked BvS despite its problems, and I have a feeling that I'd have liked Snyder's version of JL. But I found Invasion more enjoyable than the JL that we ended up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"