BvS Should Justice League Be The Third Snyder/Goyer Film?

And I think people are turning on Nolan because the third film failed to exceed the quality of the second.

Hardy... was no Ledger.

And I think people are turning on Nolan because the third film failed to exceed the quality of the second.

Hardy... was no Ledger.

Par for the course in this sub genre...in all genres actually.
Except in the mind of some LOTR fans.

Last edited:
Someday they have to do three back to back great films. The curse of the third film needs to be broken.

As far as thord films go, TDkR is excellent.

The worst for me is return of the king.

Apparently Toy Story 3 is good.

The third Toy Story was just as well received as the first.

Plus, the third Twilight film was the....least bad.

the curse has already been broken.

What do you mean apparently Toy Story 3 is good? Toy Story 3 is awesome. Perfect even.

Never thought Toy Story or *gasp* Twillight would be placed in the same genre as Batman...

The third Toy Story was just as well received as the first.

Plus, the third Twilight film was the....least bad.

the curse has already been broken.

The point really is that it's rare and a highly noticeable trend. Pretty Much Terminator 1, then 2 then...

The cbm sub genre specifically has never seen the 3rd film be the best of the lot.

As for toy story. The first was the best imo.

And even though Iron Man 3 can be considered a massive success in box office and a decent critical success, Iron Man 2 was the weakest installment.. which ruins the whole idea of having three consistently great films.

I guess Nolan's Batman has come the closest to a perfect trilogy, for now, but I'm hoping the Avengers trilogy will fare better in the end.

Marvel Studio films are odd. What used to happen with CBM's is the first film comes out to decent/solid reception (as seen with even cap and thor), in instances such as Xmen and Spiderman and Blade, TDK etc. Then the sequel comes out and knocks things out of the park. Leading to conversations of greatest cbm of all time.

You saw it with most of those films. And it's no doubt way ASM2 and MOS2 will be great.
What marvel has opted to thus far is screw the pooch on their first sequels. The jury is out on Cap.

IM3 would have no doubt been in a bad place financially had it not be for the IM sequel that was Avengers putting the brand back in the red hot zone.

It could also be said that the primary goal of IM2 was to be a commercial for Avengers. And based on the success of Avengers, it succeeded at that task.

I'd say the Captain America franchise seems to be going the traditional route of the sequel being "The Dark Knight" compared to the first.

Marvel Studio films are odd. What used to happen with CBM's is the first film comes out to decent/solid reception (as seen with even cap and thor), in instances such as Xmen and Spiderman and Blade, TDK etc. Then the sequel comes out and knocks things out of the park. Leading to conversations of greatest cbm of all time.

You saw it with most of those films. And it's no doubt way ASM2 and MOS2 will be great.
What marvel has opted to thus far is screw the pooch on their first sequels. The jury is out on Cap.

IM3 would have no doubt been in a bad place financially had it not be for the IM sequel that was Avengers putting the brand back in the red hot zone.

FF2, Kick Ass 2, & Ghost Rider 2 were not improvements either.

The jury is out on ASM2 and the Superman/Batman movie as well.

ASM2 has very positive insider buzz. It definitely has everything going for it.

We don't know anything about MOS2 though. It's still in pre-production. I love the Affleck/Terrio addition but it's still a Zack Snyder-directed film.

FF2, Kick Ass 2, & Ghost Rider 2 were not improvements either.

The jury is out on ASM2 and the Superman/Batman movie as well.

I personally consider FF2 and Ghost Rider2 improvements. Kick Ass2 was a better book at least.

It's not a rule, just a popular observation. And usually when applied to Alist properties that don't drop the ball out of the gate. Johan Hex for example...

I find myself curious about cap2 and asm2 in the regard of this discussion. One thing is for sure and that is sequel trailers always look good.

Singer said it best. Once the ground work is laid out you can really cut loose in the sequel, and that's what's mostly happened in this genre...again marvel studios...

Par for the course in this sub genre...in all genres actually.
Except in the mind of some LOTR fans.

Nah, Return of the King was amazing and my favorite of the LotR movies

Last edited:
Just corrected it. Return of the Kings was great, the best conclusion to a blockbuster trilogy and some of my favorite cinematic moments in there, expecially in the extended edition, as it contains the Saruman scenes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"