Iraq Combat Veteran challenges Hollywood Directors

Alex_Spider

Sidekick
Reaction score
Iraq Combat Veteran challenges Spielberg, Nimoy and James Cameron to the Venus Project movie.

[YT]uCz-AMcb8WY[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCz-AMcb8WY

Beyond Poverty, Politics and War.

The Venus Project is dedicated to confronting all of these problems by actively engaging in the research, development, and application of workable solutions.

Some famous supporters of The Venus Project

Michelle Rodriguez at Z Day Los Angeles 2011, [the zeitgeist movement]
[YT] QbRZXOzU_WY[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= QbRZXOzU_WY

Future by Design CGI Animator, Doug Drexler
While employed as a CGI Animator for Star Trek, Doug Drexler met and became fascinated with Jacque Fresco and his world-of-tomorrow designs and ideas. In this interview (one of the DVD extras on the Future by Design 2-Disc Collector's Edition DVD) Doug explains how he met Jacque, and why he went on to design these amazing CGI Animations for The Venus Project and, ultimately, Future by Design.

[YT]JBHmjr6fZ8A[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBHmjr6fZ8A

"The Venus Project" by The Lost Children Of Babylon (LCOB)
[YT]lTYI3BlAx54[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTYI3BlAx54

Last edited:
That soldier's challenge is admirable
The three of them need to go there, take the challenge, they are the best at taking it
Give it straight to the face, not through fictional stories

I like this guy. :up: I was half expecting him to be using his youtube time to ask Serena Gomez to the ball, but this is a good cause.

I believe there is already a script in place for the hollywood version of the film. All is missing is a producer to pitch the idea.
Meanwhile there are a couple movies uploaded on the net involving a positive future for humanity.

http://www.wakingupmovie.com
[YT]yrdyeW2YUzQ[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrdyeW2YUzQ
A COLLABORATIVE MOVIE ABOUT A POSITIVE FUTURE…FOR A CHANGE

WAKING UP is a FILM IN THE MAKING about a POSITIVE FUTURE for humanity. A future that is threatened by old values that has just been awakened…

The following scene is for demonstration purposes of the concept of the film, it will not be in the finished film.

Cast in the scene: Ben: Katene Nicholas. Aweena: Sara Lahne. Script, director, editor: Harald Sandø. If you have trouble watching the clip here, or would like to contribute with a translation, you can go to the YouTube version. The scene won the Official Selection in the Cinema Out Of Your Backpack festival.

This film is about a positive future based on a moneyless world, where global and local collaboration has replaced competition, giving and sharing has replaced buying and selling, and custodianship has replaced ownership. The economic system in this world is a resource based gift economy where all the world’s resources is considered the heritage of Humanity. All humans are equal. Peace reigns, and people can travel and live anywhere on the globe. The idea for the film is inspired from the workings of The Venus Project, The Zeitgeist Movement, The Ubuntu Movement, Ray Kurzweil, Amma, Gandhi, Krishnamurti, Carl Sagan, Buckminster Fuller and more. If you are not familiar with the basics of these ideas, please read up on it before commenting or contributing. Thank you.

Paradise or Oblivion
[YT]KphWsnhZ4Ag[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KphWsnhZ4Ag
http://www.thevenusproject.com

This video presentation advocates a new socio-economic system, which is updated to present-day knowledge, featuring the life-long work of Social Engineer, Futurist, Inventor and Industrial Designer Jacque Fresco, which he calls a Resource-Based Economy. This documentary details the root causes of the systemic value disorders and detrimental symptoms caused by our current established system.

The film details the need to outgrow the dated and inefficient methods of politics, law, business, or any other "establishment" notions of human affairs, and use the methods of science, combined with high technology, to provide for the needs of all the world's people. It is not based on the opinions of the political and financial elite or on illusionary so-called democracies, but on maintaining a dynamic equilibrium with the planet that could ultimately provide abundance for all people.

This is NOT the "major motion picture" that The Venus Project is working towards but rather is a short documentary to introduce the aims and proposals to new people.

This is a free online documentary created by The Venus Project. Original music by Carly Paradis (‪http://www.carlyparadis.com/‬) from her album "They Have Been Watching".

Last edited:
Just watched Paradise or Oblivion.

No joke, I agree with everything the documentary says. I've been having these sorts of sentiments for a while now.

It's obvious (or at least should be obvious) to anyone that our current way of doing things is not working. Corporatism is just about the most dangerous system in the world today, its what drives all the wars, the economic crashes, the greed of banks, etc.

There is NO reason we can't have the society descrbed by the Venus Project.

It reminds me of the Culture novels by Iain M. Banks. We CAN have that society. We just have to get rid of the greedy ***** at the top. The greedy ***** running our political and financial institutions would never go in for a resource based economy. Make no mistake, republican or democrat, Obama or whoever the republicans can muster up to lead them, they're ALL corrupt, they answer to whoever has the money.

I just don't know what I can do as an individual to help bring about the society described in the Venus Project.

Just watched Paradise or Oblivion.

No joke, I agree with everything the documentary says. I've been having these sorts of sentiments for a while now.

It's obvious (or at least should be obvious) to anyone that our current way of doing things is not working. Corporatism is just about the most dangerous system in the world today, its what drives all the wars, the economic crashes, the greed of banks, etc.

It reminds me of the Culture novels by Iain M. Banks. We CAN have that society. We just have to get rid of the greedy ***** at the top. The greedy ***** running our political and financial institutions would never go in for a resource based economy. Make no mistake, republican or democrat, Obama or whoever the republicans can muster up to lead them, they're ALL corrupt, they answer to whoever has the money.

I just don't know what I can do as an individual to help bring about the society described in the Venus Project.

Great analysis man. You nailed it.

As I had pointed out in another thread, there are some simple things we ordinary people can do to help reach the transition age to an RBE society. Sadly those kind of changes my take generations, like the end of Dark Ages to the rise of science, arts and astronomy, so we might not be alive when that is ready, but we can certainly help towards that way.

1. Turn off your TV. Mega corporations will lose lots of profits this way and an as a result some of their power.

2. Don't join the army.

3. Try not to consume like a maniac things you don't really need, just to maintain a "prestige" over the others.

4. Grow your own food. There are tons of online guides how to achieve a good number of an in house growth through hydroponics and aquaponics without the use of pesticides or other chemicals.

5. Try as much as you can not to use credit card and loans.

These might seem insignificant, but in the long run might prove effective enough. My take on this is that, as more and more automation is installed and taking our jobs, soon the majority of people won't have enough money to buy basic things, so things will have to turn around.

And with the advent of advanced 3d printing, we will print very useful products in our homes cheaply and fast.

But there is a F.A.Q of 101 questions for a better explanation.
http://www.thevenusproject.com/the-venus-project/faq

Ordinary people are lazy, self-centered, greedy, and not particularly bright.

Quite frankly it's amazing we've lasted this long.

There's a reason the world sucks the way it does. That reason is human nature.

This is why no matter what ideology you start out with, it always ends the same.

Chances are somebody for personal gain will do everything to put a kibosh on it(as the old saying goes much better to be a king in hell then a servant in heaven). Others will protest out of fear

To change peoples attitudes when you consider all outside factors I am guessing it would take at least 100 years(if not way more)

I am guessing in the US for instance if anybody started pushing this and gaining steam they would be declared a communist(which for the sake of argument the venus project is an ideal version of communism) by some, and the antichrist by others.

Last edited:
Chances are somebody for personal gain will do everything to put a kibosh on it(as the old saying goes much better to be a king in hell then a servant in heaven). Others will protest out of fear

To change peoples attitudes when you consider all outside factors I am guessing it would take at least 100 years(if not way more)

I am guessing in the US for instance if anybody started pushing this and gaining steam they would be declared a communist(which for the sake of argument the venus project is an ideal version of communism) by some, and the antichrist by others.

What would anyone gain by seeking advantage over others, when everything will be available for free to everyone and no human labor would be required for it? Just for the thrill of being a ruler? lol

Think of it like an open source global community, where everyone would contribute whenever they feel like, on his favorite field to benefit mankind and the advanced A.I. would do all the complex calculations required and suggest the optimum solution. Just like people contribute at Mozzilla and Linux today and also at hardware blueprints and construction.

As for the communist thing, people who associate RBE and TVP with it, obviously have not done a proper research and jump into quick conclusions.
Communism has money like Capitalism, prisons, banks, human labor etc.
I'd call it an Open Source Society really that is constantly emerging and evolving to better life standards.

Captain Picard promotes a Resource Based Economy
[YT]gVM-pdDNPV8[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVM-pdDNPV8
This clip is from Star Trek The Next Generation season 1, episode 26 The Neutral Zone. The crew of the Enterprise has rescued three people that were frozen in the past and Captain Picard is explaining how things work in the future. Some of these ideas are similar to the Resource Based Economy proposed by The Zeitgeist Movement / The Venus Project

Did Jack Nicholson predict "The Venus Project" ???
[YT]cEorCthfVs4[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEorCthfVs4
I was shocked to see this moment from Easy Rider, in Which Jack Nicholson describes almost precisely the Resource Based Economy proposed by the Venus Project.

Of course The Venus Project has nothing to do with aliens or drugs, but it's quite an amazing resemblance :)

Anyway we could be just like the Venusians he talked about,

Last edited:
Ordinary people are lazy, self-centered, greedy, and not particularly bright.

Quite frankly it's amazing we've lasted this long.

There's a reason the world sucks the way it does. That reason is human nature.

This is why no matter what ideology you start out with, it always ends the same.

I wonder if the masses were programmed any different a more Utopian society were possible.

Or is this as good as the ignorant masses get. Maybe the geniuses of our society realized this and just gave up.

I skimmed through and I'm having difficulty finding a conflict. You can't have a story where everyone is happy - no drama. Are there detractors to this or is it actually and everyone in it perfect? There's a reason why Hollywood uses distopias and flawed utopias - a society where everything is perfect, where's the drama?

Last edited:
I skimmed through and I'm having difficulty finding a conflict. You can't have a story where everyone is happy - no drama. Are there detractors to this or is it actually and everyone in it perfect? There's a reason why Hollywood uses distopias and flawed utopias - a society where everything is perfect, where's the drama?
Nailed it.

A type of conflict and drama will always exist in all societies. There are no perfect or utopian societies without problems. Just better ones that evolve through time. But the point is to expose people into a brighter future and a more positive way of thinking and make them realize how much better we could live if we organized our focus on that goal.

And what if a movie like this doesn't have much action or conflict. It could very well be a documentary type as well and people would still be interested in seeing something different.

And what if a movie like this doesn't have much action or conflict. It could very well be a documentary type as well and people would still be interested in seeing something different.
In which case, its appeal would be limited. This is just not what movies are good at. It's not how they work. Drama without conflict or catharsis isn't drama.

Last edited:
Well maybe it could start with the current state of the world, then throw some post apocalyptic war and desolation (Eugenics War lol) and in the end it would show how we learn from our mistakes and mankind makes a transition to a positive future. There. Problem solved:woot:

Speaking of which, I came across a review for Into Darkness from comicbookgirl and she makes a remark about the ST mythos and what we are discussing here. That girl says it perfect at 10:15. I love also the Gene Roddenberry quote later in the video.

[YT]hF-kdQgmpVo[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF-kdQgmpVo

Last edited:
It would come off creepier to a lot of people more than a bleaker version would I think.

There can't be a movie without drama. There can't be a story without drama.

I can definitely 100% see a documentary or (mock-documentary). But, I am at an absolute loss at how it could be a movie (which it seems like they're calling for), because movies -- not documentaries -- require some form of drama. With no drama and just everybody smiling, you don't have a movie. And looking at it from a screenwriter's POV trying to find out how to present it in a film, not a documentary, that would bring in an audience is extremely challenging because they seem to want everything to be easy for everyone and for everyone to be good neighbors.

There can't be a movie without drama. There can't be a story without drama.

I can definitely 100% see a documentary or (mock-documentary). But, I am at an absolute loss at how it could be a movie (which it seems like they're calling for), because movies -- not documentaries -- require some form of drama. With no drama and just everybody smiling, you don't have a movie. And looking at it from a screenwriter's POV trying to find out how to present it in a film, not a documentary, that would bring in an audience is extremely challenging because they seem to want everything to be easy for everyone and for everyone to be good neighbors.

But you didn't get the whole point of the concept. The society that is to be portrayed in the film, is not meant to be a happy always smiling neighbors. There will still be challenges and problems in other forms, just not the kind we have today and any skilled and smart writer can present it in a way that is engaging and interesting enough for the general movie goers.

Last edited:
I don't think a movie will make much of a difference.

The public who watch blockbuster movies have little say in creation of futuristic colonies.

You're better off having secret meetings with idealistic billionaires and city planners from around the world.

I don't think a movie will make much of a difference.

The public who watch blockbuster movies have little say in creation of futuristic colonies.

You're better off having secret meetings with idealistic billionaires and city planners from around the world.

Yeah I agree somewhat. There is also the possibility of a theme park, presenting in a smaller scale, a prototype city concept where leaders and scientists from all over the world would visit and see how the systems of food production and transportation work in real time.

This way it would raise awareness and people would get to know better the concept of a Resource Based Economy.

But you didn't get the whole point of the concept. The society that is to be portrayed in the film, is not meant to be a happy always smiling neighbors. There will still be challenges and problems in other forms, just not the kind we have today and any skilled and smart writer can present it in a way that is engaging and interesting enough for the general movie goers.

Again, as I asked, and no one was able to provide an answer for --

What are those sources of conflict?

The whole "they could get into this big war which results in this, which results in this and finally this" isn't really a movie a masses would want to see. It is overly, and needlessly so, complicated.

What are the problems your average guy and girl will have on a daily/weekly/yearly basis in such a community?

Again, as I asked, and no one was able to provide an answer for --

What are those sources of conflict?

What are the problems your average guy and girl will have on a daily/weekly/yearly basis in such a community?

One that comes to my mind might be as well the protection of the community during a natural catastrophic event, say a tornado or earthquake. Another one that has to do with human relations, could be jealousy issues over a woman, or the hunt of a serial killer or a suicide event that needs further investigation.

Obviously there could be tons of other conflicts that a skilled group of people could come up with.

The whole "they could get into this big war which results in this, which results in this and finally this" isn't really a movie a masses would want to see. It is overly, and needlessly so, complicated.

I am not so sure about it. The masses could very well want to see it. We can never say for sure neither.

The first conflicts could work, but you'd really need to see the people struggling. Are they talking about a better police system? How fast will the police procedures be? Will evacuation plans be better, would we know beforehand? If these elements have also improved, you'd run the risk. Jealousy over a woman is more of a sub-plot and depending on how different this world is - and the kind of budget it might need - it would require something more mass-pulling (easily over 100 mil type turnout).

The second, it's something I would give a 'pass' instead of a 'consider.' It's just way too broad and sweeping and focused more on time than the human element. The most integral element to a film is its people and its characters. You could focus on one of the events, but to show as much time passing as I'm seeing -- you would risk losing character (since right now there seems to be way way way too much plot and information to cover) to focus on something that should remain a mockumentary. The focus in that right now is on the world -- not on the people. I've seen many writers attempt something like this and it always falls apart. You've got an idea, you've got a history - but what you're lacking is the human element.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"