Iron Man Iron Man 6th most anticipated movie

He-Man

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/CLTU06309102007-1.htm

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- MovieTickets.com (www.movietickets.com), the world's most powerful Internet movie ticketing service, has revealed the results of a poll conducted among 2000 active moviegoers to determine which films scheduled for release over the next 12 months are generating the most interest. According to the highly-qualified pool of moviegoers, films based on existing properties such as the Indiana Jones, Batman and Chronicles of Narnia installments and Iron Man are of greatest interest, with only American Gangster and I Am Legend as the only original films breaking into the top 10. The MovieTickets.com poll results reveal early, valuable insight into which movies scheduled for release over the next year are generating the most interest among active moviegoers.

Respondents of the poll were asked to rank their interest level on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 representing little or no interest and 5 representing significant interest in seeing each major film scheduled to be released in the course of the next 12 months. Based on these results, the top 20 films are listed below:

1 - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
2 - The Dark Knight (Batman Begins 2)
3 - National Treasure: Book of Secrets
4 - American Gangster
5 - The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
6 - Iron Man
7 - I Am Legend
8 - Get Smart
9 - The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
10 - Charlie Wilson's War
11 - Hancock
12 - Beowulf
13 - His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass
14 - Mamma Mia!
15 - The Incredible Hulk
16 - Speed Racer
17 - Step Brothers
18 - Bee Movie
19 - Mr. Magnorium's Wonder Emporium
20 - Starship Dave

i call bs on a made up list.

NATIONAL TREASURE 2 is THIRD most anticipated? pleease...

This is not some Internet poll where geeks can vote a hundred times for the same movie, this is one of the most scientific and respected movie polls in the market. Whether you like it or not, the National Treasure series is popular.

Iron Man is very well-positioned for a superhero that isn´t as well-known as Bats or Spidey... But Hulk... That hurt...

Even more of an "ouch" for Bee Movie, since it's out in less than a month.:wow: :csad:
Hulk will pick up significant steam after they release a trailer/teaser. I wonder what IM's ranking was before the teaser was released.

Very Surprised to see The Hulk rank so low on that list, but Iron Man at #6 looks very promising. This movie could very well surprise a lot of people at the B.O.

This is not some Internet poll where geeks can vote a hundred times for the same movie, this is one of the most scientific and respected movie polls in the market. Whether you like it or not, the National Treasure series is popular.

Iron Man is very well-positioned for a superhero that isn´t as well-known as Bats or Spidey... But Hulk... That hurt...
strong pwnage!

Very Surprised to see The Hulk rank so low on that list, but Iron Man at #6 looks very promising. This movie could very well surprise a lot of people at the B.O.

Well Hulk also doesn't have a trailer out, and has a uphill battle ahead of it

whats not suprising is the fact that The Dark Knight is second.

meh, it will be in first once an official trailer comes out!

WTF, Over. The Hulk will surprise many. Will probably kick IM a$$!
im19wu2.jpg
Hulk no like you higher in poll! Arggghh!!!

This movie could very well surprise a lot of people at the B.O.

Domestically, Iron Man will perform better then both National Treasure: Book of Secrets and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.

The Chronicles of Narnia did very well because of Christian loyalty to the subtext but the movie itself generated very few rabid fans. It will under-perform compared to the first film.

Great spot for IM, for 2008 films it is #4, this is my #2 movie to see behind The Dark Knight, TIH is #3 but it looks among general movie watchers it does have a uphill battle which will hopefully change with a kicka## teaser.

Hulk at 15? Rubbish.

Glad to see that TDK made it to second place.

I'm surprised Iron Man was not in the Top 5. In my book, it would be #3, after TDK and Indiana Jones movie.

National Treasure is indeed a surprise.

this list is trollocks, it doesn't even look at abrams untitled project.

I put IM at #2 behind Indy

I'm certainly not surprised that The Hulk is so low. Why would it be higher after that first movie turned so many people off the character?

IM looks like it is being done right...something we can't say about the Hulk movie.

Yes, I agree. I talk about movies all the time with friends, coworkers, etc. all the time. More than any other movie, Ang Lee's Hulk gets the most universally negative reaction when I mention it. Almost nobody I talk to liked that movie. So, it really doesn't surprise me to see Incredible Hulk so far down the list.

As for Iron Man...I never thought I'd be saying this, because I'm a lifelong Batman freak...but I'm anticipating this more than TDK right now.

LOL I agree. That list is messed up on so many levels. I would have to say though, if they wanted to make a superhero movie that really cooks, why don't they put a little brief nudity in them? I know I'd be a whole lot happier if I saw a little bit of Gwenith Paltrow's skinny @ss topless :D

Yes, I agree. I talk about movies all the time with friends, coworkers, etc. all the time. More than any other movie, Ang Lee's Hulk gets the most universally negative reaction when I mention it. Almost nobody I talk to liked that movie. So, it really doesn't surprise me to see Incredible Hulk so far down the list.

As for Iron Man...I never thought I'd be saying this, because I'm a lifelong Batman freak...but I'm anticipating this more than TDK right now.
I'm a giant Hulk nerd and Iron Man is getting me twice as excited. :(

I'm certainly not surprised that The Hulk is so low. Why would it be higher after that first movie turned so many people off the character?

IM looks like it is being done right...something we can't say about the Hulk movie.

Incredible Hulk is indeed being done right.

Every non-comic fan that I've talked to about Incredible Hulk has absolutely no idea that they are making another movie at this point. Once things start to hit, it'll rocket up the excitement charts fast.

The list seems pretty accurate. Indy and Bats should easily be 1 and 2. American Ganster should be #3 though. Denzel owns.

When Iron man makes its way into a few more previews before it comes out, there will be so much hype about it that people will just start jumping the band-wagon. Just wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"