The Comics Iron Man in Vegas

Here's the cover for issue 2. Looks awesome. :wow:

xddvn.jpg

I want to get this so bad right now but I think I'll wait for the TPB.

I wish more film-makers would do this. Just as cool as it is to see comic book characters come to the big screen, it's also really cool to see the film versions of characters, which usually have new and wildly unique takes on them adapted back into comic or animated form. I know Richard Donner had a quick run on Action Comics not too long ago that brought some of the things he did with his movies into the comic. It would be cool as well to have Chris Nolan do a Batman limited series that takes place within the universe he created, or Edward Norton taking on the Hulk. That would be great.

Adi has done a great thing with Fin Fang Foom.

I love that cover of issue #2, Fin Fang Foom look's bad @$$.

Just read issue #1 and it's awesome! I really liked Adi Granov from Extremis, but it's exciting that Jon Favreau wrote it. And I was surprised that Pepper is in it. She doesn't seem to have been in the Iron Man comics lately and I really like her. I can't wait for #2!

I think I'll wait for the TPB to come out, but it's something I definitely want to read due to Favearu's involvement. I like comic Stark but I want to read more about the movie Stark, made famous by RDJ. And having Pepper there makes it even better. :)

Well the idea is that this story is separate from the regular 616 timeline. It's basically a standalone story which explains Pepper being there, along with Stark's identity as Iron Man still being a secret.

The girls with the tats, do they have any significance to the story besides being ****s for Tony to bang?

Good first, issue looking forward to the rest.

Also, the problem with filmmakers writing comic stories - it usually works out badly. Have you guys already forgotten about what's happened in the last several years already? These Hollywood guys have a horrible habit of missing deadlines, not turning their scripts in early, or already being committed to other things that keep them away from finishing.

Hopefully Favreau is done or close to done with Viva Rock Vegas and it doesn't take 5 years to finish.

Good question with the girls. I hope they have more significance cause otehrwise that was very random.

And Pepper is back in the new Invincible Iron Man series.

So are Pepper and Hogan still together in 616 canon?

happy waskilled by spymaster tony shut down his life support at peppers request

happy waskilled by spymaster tony shut down his life support at peppers request

Dang. Well, it means that maybe Marvel can start a Stark/Pepper romance (as a nod to the movie).

Good thing Pepper and Tony weren't ever married while Tony was relying on machines to live all those years :p .

Dang. Well, it means that maybe Marvel can start a Stark/Pepper romance (as a nod to the movie).

I kind of have a feeling that will be the new direction. But for now, we are still seeing him with lots of babes, lol.

VileOne: HAhahaha, nice comment, and so true.

Got it this afternoon, it was definitely a build up issue.

Recently read #1 and it was a cool set up.

Adi's art is great as usual and it will be badass to see shell head face of against that big gold beast. So cool that John F is writing.

I'm going to wait for the TPB to read the rest however, collecting comics every week is a pain in the butt and I've got my hands full with Spider-Man.

Fing Fang Foom's re-design looks great. Never liked his original look. It would be awesome if they used him in a sequel.

He should still have pants.

Sooner or later they will have to address stuff like this, the Mandarin, etc. if Iron Man is really as they put it, "supposed to help introduce us to Thor".

If they don't keep this mini on schedule, hella lame. I like Favreau, but I don't believe writers should make comic committments unless they know they can make the deadlines. Either that or just wait to release it as a single graphic novel.

I like this though since it is Favreau writing Fin Fang Foom and also its a Tony Stark/Iron Man that still has his anonymity. So its a nice change of pace since its a standalone, separate story.

I hope Favreau can see that there is viability to a talking dragon that wears pants in a live action movie.

He should still have pants.

Sooner or later they will have to address stuff like this, the Mandarin, etc. if Iron Man is really as they put it, "supposed to help introduce us to Thor".

If they don't keep this mini on schedule, hella lame. I like Favreau, but I don't believe writers should make comic committments unless they know they can make the deadlines. Either that or just wait to release it as a single graphic novel.

I like this though since it is Favreau writing Fin Fang Foom and also its a Tony Stark/Iron Man that still has his anonymity. So its a nice change of pace since its a standalone, separate story.

i agree thats the problem writers/artists not keeping on schedule an interuption due to family emergency i can respect but not just screiwng around

Supposing we see one issue per month and Viva Las Vegas wraps in August, anyone wanna take a guess at the TPB release date?

LOL, I hope they can keep that release schedule :) .

Just saying, sometimes I'm weary of these Hollywood guys taking on comic writing assignment because its not their top assignment and something gets in the way of finishing it.

Look what happened with Bryan Singer on Ultimate X-men. It never materialized, when it was supposed to be a big deal. All the writers talking about how they were basically on X-men to fill in until Singer got there. Never happened.

So many other disappointments, but I won't get into them.

I don't see #4 (the last issue) solicited. Seems that it's delayed. Hopefully not too long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"