Iron Man New jon favreu interview, on the special fx and iron man's movement

superkong 500

Sidekick
Reaction score
From the SHH main page
Crave Online has posted a new interview with Iron Man director Jon Favreau in which he talks about creating the special effects for the character. Here's a clip:

On the Iron Man suit Favreau said "if you have too clunky of a figure it takes you out of the movie. You can't do with a Robocop suit, what Iron Man has to do. He flies, he's athletic, he's acrobatic, he fights, [and] he shoots. He has to do a lot of things for you to justify making a movie about him." Favreau will most likely use Motion Capture effects to create more realistic movements of the Iron Man character Visit the link above for the full interview!

Very nice interview, more insite.

I think he has the right idea. The suit should come out very cool-looking.

It can't be that hard to simulate a suit in CG, so it should look realistic enough.

I like what he said about iron man fighting and being acrobatic, means that he won;t be moving like a robot but rather fluid. It would be cool to see him kick someone in the face while wearing the suit.

"if you have too clunky of a figure it takes you out of the movie. You can't do with a Robocop suit, what Iron Man has to do. He flies, he's athletic, he's acrobatic, he fights, [and] he shoots. He has to do a lot of things for you to justify making a movie about him."

Of all the words that can be used to describe Iron Man's movement, though, I wouldn't have guessed "acrobatic."

To me, people like Daredevil and Spider-man are acrobatic, not Iron Man; I mean, I've never seen him do flips and cartwheels and stuff.

I'm sure he won't do this, but I hope Favreau isn't suggesting he might go with some really tight, form-fitting armor to allow for Iron Man's "acrobatics."

Kung Fu master said:
Of all the words that can be used to describe Iron Man's movement, though, I wouldn't have guessed "acrobatic."

To me, people like Daredevil and Spider-man are acrobatic, not Iron Man; I mean, I've never seen him do flips and cartwheels and stuff.

I'm sure he won't do this, but I hope Favreau isn't suggesting he might go with some really tight, form-fitting armor to allow for Iron Man's "acrobatics."

Maybe this is out of contest, maybe what he means by acrobatic is that IM will be very acrobatic when he flies and make flips while he flies, as for the fights maybe ironman's armor could fexible enough to let him kick someone in the face.

Yeah, he would certainly have to be able to physically maneuver and function normally in the armor, but I think it would be hard to be "acrobatic" in any suit of armor.

But you could be right, Favreau could have been referring to aerial acrobatics...

They're making a CGI Iron Man?????

If we are being realistic I do not think you can make a suit of Iron armour that allows you to move the way Iron Man moves. Iron is not the most flexible of substances. And to be honest it is out of date as today it should be Titanium which is lighter and stronger.

So I am just going to use suspension of disbelief and say it is all good if the movie is well done.

Kung Fu master said:

I think he was getting at, although Tony'll be in an iron suit, he'll be agile and able to move reely and fluidly, as opposed to stiff movements in a robotic piece of armour. Keep in mind the weight of the armour is expected to slow down and restrict tony's movements in reality but this wont be the case. Fvreu knows he's making a comic book movie and he's keeping it the way it is.

Ahura Mazda said:
If we are being realistic I do not think you can make a suit of Iron armour that allows you to move the way Iron Man moves. Iron is not the most flexible of substances. And to be honest it is out of date as today it should be Titanium which is lighter and stronger.

So I am just going to use suspension of disbelief and say it is all good if the movie is well done.

So you want, titanium man??:o:whatever::oldrazz:

This is just low-level nit-picking.

I think Iron Man has over, like, 100 different types of metal incorporated into his suit today, doesn't he?

Fow awhile it was a metal mesh technology, that had a nano tech system when activated stiffened into armor. Remember Tony Stark's tech is at least 20 - 40 years ahead of anything availible today.

The problem is how to make IM agile and still make it look believable. If you try to make a guy in a rigid armor move more acrobatically than he actually could, it may look weird.

The first 1960's style suit he wears may showcase how he's unable to manuever in it, so he takes time to create one that moves more fluidly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"