Iron Man Sequels No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Others have expressed it! I have read the posts and many of them make me sick and angry. I still taste the bile in my craw.

I think you can tell by the poll that majority of the people aren't doing backflips and celebrating haha.

Exactly but i don't think that's the end of the world. I just think Favreau has emotionally and creatively moved on from the series so I don't think its destructive that its leaving. I think he sort of peaked with the franchise with the first movie. It wasn't like X-men where Singer made a much better movie the second time around.

I would like him to stay on in some capacity and still play Happy Hogan. But on the other hand, I'm not sure what was ruined about Iron Man 2 either and what Favreau would've done with Iron Man 3 that would've been so much better.

Agreed.

It shouldn't be too hard. Favreau still acts in supporting roles his friends and producing friends' movies quite frequently like I Love You Man, Couples Retreat, Four Christmases.

Last edited:
It's hard to do a good 3rd film... I wouldn't want to see Favreau leave Iron Man 2 as his legacy... (even though I enjoyed the film)... I think there's more to explore and get deeper into the character.

Anyone think it's possible that he feels he has a new franchise with cowboys and aliens, so maybe he wants to focus on that?

Also maybe he didnt like where marvel is heading after the Avengers?

I really dont mind him leaving because Iron Man 2 was a let down to me, and i think that marvel forced him to hurry it up and not get it right to some extent which may explain why he is leaving.

I wanna see Cowboys and Aliens do well..but nobody takes it seriously. Everytime I see Hallows, the audience just laughs.

You know what... I watched Iron Man 2 on Blu-ray last night (only my second screening since the cinema)... And i actually got a greater appreciation for it.

I still think it's a very flawed film... but i can now see the good intentions that were there with the project. Still a crappy villian though.

So yeah, I guess I will miss Jon Favreau from the Iron Man franchise.

you know what, first I read this I thought: doesn't really matter to me, IRON MAN 2 looks ****** anyway~ Then after re-watching the last 2 chapters, I kinda feel sorry for this whole thing.

I mean IRON MAN 2 does look bad, but part of the reason is becoz of The Avenagers. The suit was killing Tony Stark that's a good one, governmet ask for the weapons, that as well. It's just he didn't put enough time on the villain and waste it on Avengers. It was lack lack lack but it's not as idotic as Spider-Man 3.

I think if the guy got another shot without any Avengers craps, he'd manage to make a good third one, even better than the first one (shouldn't be hard though)

i hope RDJ will be back for a 3rd film now that jon has left the project?

you know what, first I read this I thought: doesn't really matter to me, IRON MAN 2 looks ****** anyway~ Then after re-watching the last 2 chapters, I kinda feel sorry for this whole thing.

I mean IRON MAN 2 does look bad, but part of the reason is becoz of The Avenagers. The suit was killing Tony Stark that's a good one, governmet ask for the weapons, that as well. It's just he didn't put enough time on the villain and waste it on Avengers. It was lack lack lack but it's not as idotic as Spider-Man 3.

I think if the guy got another shot without any Avengers craps, he'd manage to make a good third one, even better than the first one (shouldn't be hard though)

The Avengers exist in this Marvel world, and Stark is part of it. Their existance must be addressed in any film involving Iron Man now. The Avengers can't be totally seperated from these franchises once they form as a team. That doesn't mean you have to make IM3 ABOUT the Avengers. Focus the film and still make it about Iron Man, but I see no issue with making references to the rest of the team.

Time will tell if Iron Man 3 will be good without Jon Favreau.

The Avengers exist in this Marvel world, and Stark is part of it. Their existance must be addressed in any film involving Iron Man now. The Avengers can't be totally seperated from these franchises once they form as a team. That doesn't mean you have to make IM3 ABOUT the Avengers. Focus the film and still make it about Iron Man, but I see no issue with making references to the rest of the team.

Much like docdoc I thought part of the problem with IM2 was presicely addressing to a plot that was not part of the movie itself. Not to mention that the movie had already enough to deal with.

Now, docdoc saw IM2 again. Me? The first sight didn't enthuise me enough for a second view. Not so far at least.

I liked IM2 a lot better seeing again just a few days ago. probably because I loathed ( not too strong a word) IM3.

I do think if Favreau had done the third film it would have been a better movie. As it is I think IM3 is the least of the franchise to date(but over all still a good movie).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"