Iron Man 2 Iron Man vs. Hulk JOINT sequel?

LMFAO

IDK why but your reponse was just funny to me.

I wouldn't mind seeing a film that pits them up against eachother.

It will be cool.
It's funny because I presented my idea, clearly explained my reasoning, and set it up for an educated, intelligent conversation among fine people like yourselves, and all he chooses to utter is a "no" without an ounce of respect.

If this doesn't happen (I doubt it will), the solace I take is that we will most likely see an Iron Man/Hulk battle in the Avengers movie. Of course, the other Avengers will be fighting Hulk too, but I think a main spectacle we all want to see is Iron Man donning Hulkbuster armor and battling it out with the green goliath.

Again, my biggest concern for Iron Man 2 is continuity: any Iron Man 2 storyline will have to lead into the Avengers movie, and I don't know if any of Iron Man's classic stories easily do that: Armor Wars? Demon in a Bottle? Mandarin? Do any of those transition smoothly into Avengers?

Not really spider. Maybe since Thor is having a cameo we can see IronMan get a big beating from Mandarin and Mandarin is approaching to finish Tony off. He tries to fire his repulsors and they aren't working and all of a sudden he gets a jolt of energy into his suit from some lightning in the sky. :wow:

Ok, here is my ideas as far as these Avengers movies go:

Iron Man 2:
- Mandarin needs to still be in the shadows. You're going to need something BIG for The Avengers. We'll touch on that again in a moment.
- Favreau hinted about Stane not actually being dead and gone. Well, maybe he's dead, but not gone. He was somebody influential in a big company. He'd have some sort of a legacy just waiting to be picked up by the next in line.
- A lot of people are clamouring for a Hulk/Iron Man cross-over. A big argument for this is that Iron Man lacks a strong gallery of villains, but people fear that having Hulk in the movie at all would sort of steal the movie away from Iron Man. Here's a fix for that: it was sort of hinted at in Hulk that The Leader would be making some sort of an appearance. Have Samuel Sterns gain access to technology and such things left by Stane. Have him use his immense intellect in conjunction with the technolgy he has 'stolen' from Stane to pose some sort of a threat to Stark. While this is happening, Stark is battling his alcoholism. This opens it up for Rhodey to step up and help him out.

Captain America: I'll explain just what I need to for the tie in for The Avengers.
- Hitler has a secret society backing him lead by a man nick-named The Red Skull (perhaps call the group Red Skull aswell?) This could tie this in to Hitler's interest in the occult. Red Skull is working with another Hitler croonie, Baron Helmut Von Zemo. For the movie have Zemo play the Darth Vader to Skull's Emperor.
- We already know that the film will be a period piece. Have it end with Rogers appearently dying in some frozen over place after defeating Zemo.
- Neal McDonough as Rogers. Just my opinion.

The Avengers: (Deep breath, ok, here we go)
- Open it up with SHIELD finding the frozen body of Cpt. Steve Rogers. The serum has allowed his body to enter a hibernating state for over 60 years.
- SHIELD breifs a group of individuals gathered on The Avengers Initiative. The Avengers Initiative is a project to gather up people with special abilities that could help SHIELD take down Ten Rings, a terrorist group that spans the globe. Ten Rings is lead by a man named Mandarin.
-As it turns out Mandarin is the protegé of Johann Schmidt, the Red Skull. What their motives are I haven't figured out yet.

Just some ideas I had on how to tie the movies together.

Not really spider. Maybe since Thor is having a cameo we can see IronMan get a big beating from Mandarin and Mandarin is approaching to finish Tony off. He tries to fire his repulsors and they aren't working and all of a sudden he gets a jolt of energy into his suit from some lightning in the sky. :wow:
Well, that would make Thor the hero.

Iron Man 2 should be full scale Mandarin/War Machine... Mandarin was never a prominent Avengers villain. Baron Zemo is the better Avenger villain... but obviously he'd need help. Throw in Loki and maybe the Leader and Mandarin contributing. I'd personally leave them out. I think Zemo/Loki/terrorist orgainization would be enough of a threat. I could live with Mandarin and Leader having roles but not as main villains.

Iron Man 2:
- Mandarin needs to still be in the shadows. You're going to need something BIG for The Avengers. We'll touch on that again in a moment.
- Favreau hinted about Stane not actually being dead and gone. Well, maybe he's dead, but not gone. He was somebody influential in a big company. He'd have some sort of a legacy just waiting to be picked up by the next in line.
- A lot of people are clamouring for a Hulk/Iron Man cross-over. A big argument for this is that Iron Man lacks a strong gallery of villains, but people fear that having Hulk in the movie at all would sort of steal the movie away from Iron Man. Here's a fix for that: it was sort of hinted at in Hulk that The Leader would be making some sort of an appearance. Have Samuel Sterns gain access to technology and such things left by Stane. Have him use his immense intellect in conjunction with the technolgy he has 'stolen' from Stane to pose some sort of a threat to Stark. While this is happening, Stark is battling his alcoholism. This opens it up for Rhodey to step up and help him out.

Captain America: I'll explain just what I need to for the tie in for The Avengers.
- Hitler has a secret society backing him lead by a man nick-named The Red Skull (perhaps call the group Red Skull aswell?) This could tie this in to Hitler's interest in the occult. Red Skull is working with another Hitler croonie, Baron Helmut Von Zemo. For the movie have Zemo play the Darth Vader to Skull's Emperor.
- We already know that the film will be a period piece. Have it end with Rogers appearently dying in some frozen over place after defeating Zemo.

- Open it up with SHIELD finding the frozen body of Cpt. Steve Rogers. The serum has allowed his body to enter a hibernating state for over 60 years.
- SHIELD breifs a group of individuals gathered on The Avengers Initiative. The Avengers Initiative is a project to gather up people with special abilities that could help SHIELD take down Ten Rings, a terrorist group that spans the globe. Ten Rings is lead by a man named Mandarin.
-As it turns out Mandarin is the protegé of Johann Schmidt, the Red Skull. What their motives are I haven't figured out yet.

Those are some good ideas, catintheengine. However, I don't like the idea of Sterns playing a major role in an exclusively Iron Man story, especially with minimal Hulk presence. The Leader has always been a Hulk villain and is arguably his most enduring enemy. I say save him for a TIH sequel.

If you're gonna bring the Mandarin and the Ten Rings into the Avengers plot, I would think they should be at least mentioned, if not be a factor, in the Iron Man sequel as well. I also don't think that the Mandarin is much of an Avengers villain.

I'm agreed about Ironman being the main interest of the audience.

I have certain doubts about the other solo movies having the same success as Ironman....

we'll see it next years.

I think Caps should do pretty good. It's an all-out war movies. Guns shooting, fists punching, good times (& money) at the movies!

catintheengine I think they should find Caps' body at the end of his movie. You see his "dead" body in the ice along with Skull's then fade out, everyone thinks it's over but wham! Have some big artillery noise with a SHIELD group (& Stark) finding his body. So average people don't leave the theater saying "WTF, he's dead in his first movie?"

Iron Man 2

Iron Man beats whoever the villain will be in Iron Man 2, then Iron Man and Hulk cross paths, and the scene fades right when the Avengers show up behind Iron Man and Hulk lets out one of his roar's (obviously hinting he is getting angrier and stronger) and that will be the kick off to Avengers

And if you stick around after the credits, Wolverine comes out of no where, attacks the Hulk and gets ripped into 2

I rather see them together (bickering) in the Avengers.Than fighting against each other,but I could see a Hulk vs Thor....:bh:..."What is this monstrousity?"--Thor....."Hulk smash tiny human"-Hulk....:bh:

It would be a big film...Hulk fights Iron Man/War Machine...they then team to defeat Mandarin and Leader!

You know, I think a Ironman hulk movie would be great. It could set up the avengers movie. Introduce the Leader and his army of monsters, vs Hulk and Ironman and his army of Hulk busters.

It could be epic.

catintheengine I think they should find Caps' body at the end of his movie. You see his "dead" body in the ice along with Skull's then fade out, everyone thinks it's over but wham! Have some big artillery noise with a SHIELD group (& Stark) finding his body. So average people don't leave the theater saying "WTF, he's dead in his first movie?"

I actually had a similar idea in mind, only my thought was that they kind of leave it ambiguous (at least to the average movie goer) whether Rogers dies at the end of the Captain America, then open up the Avengers movie with a SHIELD group finding him.

a joint sequel of Iron Man and The Hulk would give no reason for a plot for The Avengers movie then.
it seems more than likely that The Avengers movie will be based upon The Hulk being the bad guy, while Iron Man and friends try to defeat it(The Hulk).

Iron Man 2 could have a sideplot of Tony Stark working on gathering a team for The Avengers, and working on weapons to use against The Hulk. but ofcourse the main plot is Iron Man VS Mandarin.

While I think the 'joint sequel could be a good, fun idea, I don't think Marvel are going to be pushing the Hulk too much until the Avengers film.

I would say it's pretty simple how to incorporate the 'initiative' issue in IM2.

Here are the points (imo);
Stark has already said he is going to stop making weapons in IM = cashflow problem.
Stark has an ego (seen through the whole of IM) and doesn't want to be part of a team (reason for him not to be in IM2).

Then he kills 2 birds with one stone;
He agrees to sell weapons soley to SHIELD. This guarrantees an income and relative little chance of them landing in the wrong hands like in IM.
By doing this, he's fobbing off Fury's constant demands to join the team.

Have Fury mention a couple times about the atrocities occuring that he could be helping stop, so we get the fact that 'he's not the only superhero'. It's a big world still, not everything is going to happen near Stark's office block.

He fights his own villian, but at the end have him seriously reconsider his solo decision. Have him tell Pepper, "what if next time I don't win..." type of line.

End it with him walking into Fury's office (to join).

It sounds like a really cool and fun idea and believe me...I would love to see Stark go against Hulk in the Hulkbuster armor.

Only problem is, being such a big fan of Iron Man from the comics to the new film...I really want them to focus on Stark/Iron Man and hopefully do the "Demon in a Bottle" story.

That and I want to see the Mandarin hopefully.

Couldn't we have a joint film AND an Iron Man sequel? Both have their merits. The joint film could introduce the Hulkbuster armor, and seeing two comic heroes as foes isn't something we've seen on film before (I don't think; please correct me if I'm wrong!) Since I've heard several people say that IM doesn't have any really stand-out villains, this could solve that problem nicely.

And IM2 could do 'Demon in a Bottle,' which I really want to see!

Plus, having multiple movies with RDJ as Tony Stark is no bad thing...

one problem dosent UNIVERSAL still have the rights to the hulk?

I really think you leave Hulk out of iron man 2, and just deal with him in The Avengers. make Hulk a central character to the movie, and hopefully people will care more about Hulk and might go see a future Hulk sequel in greater numbers.
i hate that Thor is going to be in it because id really rather they just give him a trilogy of epic scale, and then include him into The Avengers in some far flung sequel in that franchise...

Iron Man 2- Banner is in custody and is shown briefly, his Hulk persona kept down, but Stark doesnt agree with how he's being treated. Meanwhile, Stark takes on the Ten Rings. I guess theres some sort of brief nod to Thor, but the character doesnt actually appear. In the end The mandarin is born, The Leader rears his head with betty, and Hulk re-emerges and escapes from captivity to rescue betty.
Thor-sadly, you rush his story so he can fit into Avengers...
captain America- WW2, ends with cap on ice...
Avengers-starts with Hulk confrontation/The Leader. Hulk joins the team and they band together to fight The mandarin and Fin Fang Foom. Maybe show some tie between the red Skull and his group now funding terrorist groups such as Ten Rings.

Iron Man is what its all about box office-wise, so his villians should take center stage in Avengers...regardless of what the comic book does.

Oh, and a future Hulk sequel...he fights the U-Foes, and gets help from the then marvel Studios controled fantastic Four, revitalizing that franchise.

The thing to consider with these cross-overs and tying it altogether is that there is already a backstory with SHIELD. They were already working to build a super-team when Fury met with Ironman.

We can consider that they already had a few recruits in place like Pym and perhaps Wasp... They would be intro'ed in the Avengers...

Maybe Cap whas already been discovered and thawed, and is in training and therapy to recover from decades on ice. He wouldn't be ready for action for years... This can be portrayed at the end of the Cap movie...

Vision is being constructed... Perhaps gets a cameo in the Avengers film as being partially build (ready for A2)...

Black Widow is associated as a SHIELD agent, if not, perhaps a full Avengers recruit already... And could be a cameo in Avengers (as just an agent), or a intro'ed as a member in Avengers...

So the timline goes... They have already have found Captain Steve Rogers, thawed him out, and spend a few years doing therapy and training to get him back up to 100%. Finding Cap may have actually been the genesis to the idea of forming a super team (not to mention all the new intelligence on super baddies out there).

As Cap neared readiness to return to the field, Fury stepped up his efforts to recruit more members. Pym and Wasp and Black Widow could already be internal figures...

SHIELD found out about Stark and approached him as a recruit...

They already knew about Banner and the situation with the Hulk... and were keeping tabs on Ross as he tracked the Hulk. That is why Fury had Stark touchbase with Ross at the end of TIH... to help them track Banner just one more time (but this time, not to engage... let SHIELD handle that, this go around).

So... IM does not have to appear in the Hulk sequel... the linkage can be fullfilled with SHIELD being involved. The military tracks the Hulk again, and this time SHIELD wants to reach out, or capture, or something (maybe with Stark Technology). Stearns is in the background trying to re-create the Hulk because he is so fascinated with the power... but comes up with some other baddies. He does what bad guys do and causes problems. SHIELD and the Hulk (with a more "in-control" Banner) work together to save the day. Banner reluctantly joins the Avengers seeing that he has to do what he can to control the Hulk within and use these powers to beat the bad guys.

IM2, has a contiguous timeline with TIH2... SHILED gets intel on the man behind the Ten Rings operation (the Mandarin). Fury discusses with Stark, but Stark gets ahead of himself and goes out to investigate and do something about it himself. This could be a part of his hesitancy to join a team, etc... as Bren mentioned (that could be a good angle, with the direct tech and weapons sales to SHIELD, etc). IM2 unfolds with the Mandarin story-line (a linkage is mentioned regarding the Red Skull and/or Zemo, as a loose associate with the Ten Rings directive... Which is to topple the current world power structure). IM prevails (narrowly) and then Fury turns up to take the Mandarin into custody... then Bren's final comment on IM plays out, where he reconsiders team involvement.

Cap is a period piece to intro the character, lay out his origin... then bring him up to speed on todays' timeline. The movie would conclude with the flow of things where Cap is discovered in the ice, thawed, trained and prepped to get back in the action... and all the while, intel is coming in about a loosely associated grouping of secretive power brokers doing bad things... Skull and/or Zemo is mentioned and Cap is ready (movie ends)... Next is Avengers...

I haven't figured out Thor yet... Maybe his movie is in Asgard. Ends with Loki being banished to Midgard. Leads into Avengers with Loki joining Zemo/Skull/whoever... then warps uses spells to freak out the Hulk, Thor has to come to help wrangle the Hulk and defeat Loki. Joins the team...

9-1.jpg

May not happen, but would be sweet to see visually

Iron Man 2:

Those are really good Idea's but I'm seeing Hulk being the villain in the avengers, Mandarin would be the main guy in Iron-man 2. Its true bucket head doesn't have that many villains or at least interesting ones after him, so he should show up in the second and pull a Vader and actually win so he can be taken down in the 3rd especially if there going to introduce the drinking stage of Tony's life. But other than that I wouldn't mind seeing your story line pan out :hehe:

Eh, no, bad idea. Besides, the Hulk will more than likely get his own sequel. If anything, they could just have the two have a few battles.

I'm no longer excited about the hulk based on what Norton has said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"