Iron Man Iron Man vs Iron Monger

Iron Man Vs Iron Monger was a generic lame fight - easily the worst part of the film.

What!? You are hard to please aren't you? It was one of the best parts of the movie, along with Iron Man killing the terrorists and saving the villagers. It might not have been as good as say the fights in Blade 1 and 2, but then again you can't compare Iron Man to Blade. They're both two completely different superheroes with different abilities.

The final fight was something just straight out of comic strip pages. Audiences have grown to expect a lot more drama and emotion, rather than one-line exchanges (which are slowly getting out of style). It all depends on how you look at it.

-TNC

I like how somebody makes one little criticism and everyone attacks him for it.

I thought the fight was good enough.Though personally i think the best action sequence in the movie was Iron man against the trerrorists/fighter planes.

One other thing, i don't get why so many people compare with the train sequence...

The better comparison in my opinion would be: iron man vs iron monger and Spidey vs dock ock the final battle.

And In that case...the fight scene between iron man vs iron monger wins by a landslide.

The final battle was excellent although somewhat short. Both the combatants were inexperienced with their respective armors. Iron Man had the added liability of having to use an out-dated power source for his mark III armor. I believe Iron Monger (more powerful weapons) and Iron Man (better armor, more experience) were evenly matched for the final battle but Tony realized his armors power supply would not survive a drawn out high testosterone fight. He had to end it quickly. I am sure , now that Tony fully understands the importance of that little "ornament" on his chest, he will take measures to insure no one ever has the ability to just "pull the plug" again. I give the final battle a 9.

circumstances or no, one should still measure the fight for what it is

ie..if the opening of blade one happened while blade was dopped up and in need of his serum...sure there would have been drama(even that early in the story)

but the fight would have been lame and hardly as entertaining/engaging as it was

that being said, begins has no excuse
superman even worse.

I thought the final fight was exciting and didn't ended the way you predicted the fight would end (ie IM handily defeat Monger). Compared to BB, between Batman and Ra on the train, this one is better imo.

^Yeah, he was like a shuttle, taking off.
Iron Monger was fast for his size too, and it was awesome.

[
Iron_Man_Iron1_Iron_Man_595989.jpg
Yeah...serious thrust!

Someone said Iron Monger was 7 ft tall in the movie,if he is,then IMO his stature looked larger than that. IMO,the final fight between Iron Man and Iron Monger in the movie is better than most final battles in comic book movies which I have seen.
Agreed. But I doubt Iron Monger was only 7 feet.

The thing is that Stane wasnt supposed to wear the suit. It was just a prototype for mass production. He wasnt going to wear it and become a villain and destroy his image as a hard working member of the board. So the circumstances made him wear it.

I didnt like the fact that half the fight was with IM just standing there with no power. His power could have failed a bit later. Though it clearly showed why Tony is the smartest man around and how he beat that giant with his brain.

That kinda illustrates my point, he really had nothing to do with the suit, he didn't even personally build it or redesign it. And while I know it was based on a version of the Mark I suit, which wasn't very complex, Iron Monger still had guns and rocket launchers, all of which he knew how to use the instant he climbed into it? I mean, even a car is a little tricky to manuever when you first try to drive one, trust me on that, I failed my driving test 5 times as a youngster, and with the virtues of alchohol, I haven't had a great deal of luck since :word:....

I just saw a video on Youtube that said the Iron Monger suit was 10 feet tall.

Stark isn't Rambo or John McLean

He used his brains to beat Stane and it came across real well.

Someone said Iron Monger was 7 ft tall in the movie,if he is,then IMO his stature looked larger than that. IMO,the final fight between Iron Man and Iron Monger in the movie is better than most final battles in comic book movies which I have seen.

Agreed. I don't understand why some people are complaining how short this battle was. There's been plenty of shorter ones in other comic book movies.

Yeah it's one thing to complain that the fight wasn't too exciting (which I don't agree with) but the length was definitely fine. I don't see how that has any bearing anyway. Hell, Blade II's Nomak vs Blade was muuuch shorter but the quality of that fight was fantastic.

It wasnt short, but not much seemed to happen in it considering how long it was, the battle was short on "holy ****" or "cool" moments IMO.

Exactly. It kind of felt like it was going through the motions. It's like I could tell there were cool moments but either I saw them already or just kind of stared.

it was short on substance...

they should have been some heavy slugging on weapon usage on one another but that didn't happen.

considering it was the first potential 'mecha style' fight that could draw on stuff seen in anime, it was really underwhelming

it you also consider what strength class they are in....the overall magnitude was pretty small as well...

i was expecting something perhaps on a smaller scale than this, but just as deadly and viscious and with mecha

there you have a 50% supes against a 100% one. The quick degradation of the power was too quick..

Yeah it's one thing to complain that the fight wasn't too exciting (which I don't agree with) but the length was definitely fine. I don't see how that has any bearing anyway. Hell, Blade II's Nomak vs Blade was muuuch shorter but the quality of that fight was fantastic.

Dunno about it being shorter, but the fight was much better than the one in IM IMO.

Exactly. It kind of felt like it was going through the motions. It's like I could tell there were cool moments but either I saw them already or just kind of stared.

:up: Agreed, no moments had me saying 'woah!' in the final battle, were as many other final battle's have.

it was short on substance...

they should have been some heavy slugging on weapon usage on one another but that didn't happen.

considering it was the first potential 'mecha style' fight that could draw on stuff seen in anime, it was really underwhelming

it you also consider what strength class they are in....the overall magnitude was pretty small as well...

i was expecting something perhaps on a smaller scale than this, but just as deadly and viscious and with mecha

there you have a 50% supes against a 100% one. The quick degradation of the power was too quick..

Agreed with all of this, especially the highlighted part, Iron Man at least is in the 85 ton strength range in the comics isnt he?

Agreed. I don't understand why some people are complaining how short this battle was. There's been plenty of shorter ones in other comic book movies.

Yeah,and the main bad guy isn't down with brawns or is bad at fighting when it comes to final battles in comic book movies for the most part IMO,at least Monger and Iron Man was a slugfest despite how Monger was stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"