• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Iron Man Iron Man vs Iron Monger

I liked it. Just a bit too short and I thought Tony was thrown around a bit too easy.

What do you mean too easy? He had less than half the power to run the suit in the first place and Iron Monger was HUGE.

I consider Spider-Man 2 to have a long climax, starting with the train fight and ending with the warehouse. Basically, you can't trump the train fight, it's that good, and they knew that, so they didn't bother trying. The true climax is really MJ discovering he's Spider-Man. It's more of an emotional thing than an action thing.
That's how I think the "climax" was supposed to be; more emotional than action. Like what you mentioned, and Peter repeating Aunt May's speech to Otto. I've always thought Spiderman 2's climax was harder to define, with there being little down time between the clock tower/train fight, and the warehouse.

I liked the climax, but this film didn't really have anything new to offer in the action department. But did anyone notice that Iron Monger sounded like John Goodman?

I liked the climax, but this film didn't really have anything new to offer in the action department. But did anyone notice that Iron Monger sounded like John Goodman?

A little bit, yeah. I couldn't put my finger on it, but that sounds about right as far as comparisons go. :o

The best thing about the final fight is that they really captured just how massive Iron Monger is.

this fight was awesome when the crash through the truck monger grabs the motorcycle and hits tony the frezzing problem part was funny "solve it" and the part in the roof was damn cool. and is it just me or stane talked to much during the whole fight.

The only part I didn't like was when he crushed IM's helmet if he could do that so easily how did IM survive the fight?

I'm obssesed with the shot of Monger throwing IM into the bus, just before he fires a missile at him.

The only part I didn't like was when he crushed IM's helmet if he could do that so easily how did IM survive the fight?

A:Because he didn't even both crushing him,he thought nothing of it and wanted to toy around with Stark!

Iron Man vs Jericho missiles would have been awesome reminds me of when I watched Macross Zero (jump to 35 seconds)

[YT]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iXNa88lRh4E&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iXNa88lRh4E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YT]

I too felt that the final battle felt too short and too generic. When I saw the trailers I felt that this fight was going to feel epic, intense, awe inspiring and pretty much something I hadn't really seen before. Basically I felt that it was going to be like the Spider-man 2 train sequence.

The Iron Man fight felt like it was just high point after high point after high point instead of the Spider-man 2 fight was like one long rush. With Iron Man it was freeway, and then the car, and then the bus, and then the flight, and then the ark reactor. It felt like the action was split up into smaller ones. With Spider-man it was like blow, after blow, after blow was exchanged so it felt like one long continuous fluid fight. Also to me the Spider-man fight felt more intense because I could see that he had no protection so when he got hit I knew it hurt. And also many of the shots just looked amazing like when Spider-man had to swing back to the train and when he had to stop it. Not that Iron Man didn't have any cool looking scenes but I just felt that Spider-man's were better. And that brings up another point, the train sequence had an immediate sense of danger because you could see that the tracks were ending. Now I know Iron Man had danger too because if Iron Man lost Stane would have spread the armor and who know's what would have happened, but because it had to be inferred and not seen that immediate sense of danger was not there. The only danger felt was that Tony could going to die, now we also knew in Spider-man 2 that Spider-man could die but we also knew that everyone in that train could too so it adds to the sense of danger. Also on the point of danger I don't know about anyone else but with Spider-man 2 I felt a great deal of anticipation and joy when Spider-man was able to stop the train because I knew that he only had a slim chance of saving everyone and when he overcame the odds and saved the day it was just an amazing feeling. With Iron Man there was some anticipation but when he defeated Iron Monger it was like "Yeah he was beaten but all you did was have a girl push a button, you didn't really overcome impossible odds." Also the lack of a good score really drags down the final Iron Man fight. Scores can really add to a scene and Iron Man's really didn't add anything at all.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant but I just feel compelled to defend mine and everyone else's opinion that the final Iron Man fight was not up to par with what a superhero fight should be.

P.S. I also watch alot of anime, especially mecha anime so when I first saw the trailers I thought of the fantastic fight sequences I had scene in anime so you can understand if I was a little let down.

I would assume he was able to crush it because his hand was larger than the mask, therefore he was applying pressure to two sides at once, which could fold the metal...

I hated that part as well...thats just how I rationalized it.

According to the comic fans (And a handy dandy Wikipedia search.) who can back me up Tony didn't directly off Obadiah Stane in comic continuity as well. Obadiah used his own repulsors to blow his head off while Tony stood there and watched him do it.

Yeah, I know, which is why I mentioned suicide. After having you guys put that fight in a different perspective, I actually like the outcome a little more. Though for IM2, I wanna see Mandarin and Iron Man throw down like they did in the last few issues of Iron Man.:stark:im:

According to the comic fans (And a handy dandy Wikipedia search.) who can back me up Tony didn't directly off Obadiah Stane in comic continuity as well. Obadiah used his own repulsors to blow his head off while Tony stood there and watched him do it.

Yeah, I know, which is why I mentioned suicide. After having you guys put that fight in a different perspective, I actually like the outcome a little more. Though for IM2, I wanna see Mandarin and Iron Man throw down like they did in the last few issues of Iron Man.:stark:im:

6/10
Like someone else mentioned it felt a little Robocop-ish. I've seen better superhero brawls.

I feel like it maybe needed more buildup. Sort of like the climax to Spider man 3, they just sort of went there because they felt they had to being part of a comic book movie convention.

that being said Iron Monger was awesome and had kind of a retro robot feel to it. It was a little weak, but for an orgin movie it was fine.

it's a good fight compared to some of the stuff we have been given.

it was better then spidey 3 final fight, it kept you on the edge of your seat kinda while spidey 3 didnt, and iron monger got a desent death scene unlike venoms death.

I loved end battle, the only thing that took away from it IMHO, is Paltrow's inabillity to act oppisite special effects and the out of this word silly dialogue that Jeff Bridges had to deliver.

It wasn't my favorite superhero throw down (that would be Spidey 2, Doc Ock vs Spidey on the train) but I enjoyed it. I maybe would've liked it a little bit more if Tony had defeated Stane in a different way.

The best thing about the final fight is that they really captured just how massive Iron Monger is.

Iron Monger was very well designed.

He reminds me of an anime robot. Or even BIG GUY (From BIG GUY AND RUSTY)

just came from seeing IM...IMO...the best marvel film so far...they seemed to get all of the important things established well. the look of the IM suit and it's action was great...(remember green goblin?.whooops)... iron monger had a great look as well.. as far as the dialogue and story?... well like a comic ... there's always the next issue.. easier to make a sequel and spice it up then to try and fix or do a re-boot..(hulk anyone?)... if i had to nit pick...i thought that Obadiah got the hang of the monger a little to easily... i loved watching stark figure out how to move and control his suit as he created it.. Obadiah''s first time in the suit and he's immediately running and kicking ass.. again... only a nit pick. IM did what it was meant to do ... entertain.. look forward to the next one...

I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant but I just feel compelled to defend mine and everyone else's opinion that the final Iron Man fight was not up to par with what a superhero fight should be.

and well defended it was.

I scratched my head over that too. The idea that he was toying with him seems a little off when he's seemingly infuriated and out to kill.

Hang on, you just cited Spider-Man 2, which, while a great movie, had a final fight consisting of "Now I punch Doc Ock in water many times because we're out of money" and Hulk which consisted of "Now you see vague flashing lights and colours underwater" as having better fights than this? A bit TOO far, I think.

Spidey 2's final fight had a sense of a final confrontation to it between the two while also had the drama of the continually growing fusion ball to add to it so there was an element of suspense to it and if you count ock taking himself out and spidey holding up the wall, then I feel it counts.

As for the hulk, I believe it has the best final fight of all superheroes movies. it wasn't drawn out and it was straight to the point. The hulk couldn't physically take on his father so ultimately gave him what he wanted and thus made him realise the true burden of holding such power was, he couldn't even retain a shape based on it and felt pain by it. I thought it was well done indeed.

a fight scene does not always need to be all about the punches and the kicks and the laser blasts, there are other things that make the memorable and iron man's isn't a memorable confrontation.

He was using the old heart which was never intended to power something on anywhere near that scale.
I do understand that but if flying alone was going to deplete it then why bother with flight at all. I would have preferred if he was 'forced' into using up his reserves by stane playing a tactful hand. A cat and mouse game, similar to the one the goblin and ock played with spiderman (goblin with tram, ock with train). It brings more depth

I doubt Stane has them lying around pre-set up for short notice use.
Why not incorporate them into the armour, they are war machines after all. When he showed us that side rocket on his shoulder before, i thought he was going to release a jericho, i was disapointed it was just a normal missle. It's not as if he doesn't have access to them.

That wasn't really the climatic fight in Spidey 2 though...
I was talking about the first film :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"