BvS Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Diana is not some anti-superman trump card.

I was trying to go more along the lines of JL being the only possible anti-superman trump card since Kryptonite hasn't been introduced in this continuity. Diana being more along the lines of "slow superman down long enough for batman to get through to him"-trump card.

^ I see what you mean, but I'm just not a fan of it. Why are they beating on Superman when all they need to do to get him to stop fighting is to not threaten him. He doesn't seem the type to fight unless provoked. And I want to see an actual outcome from the Bats/Supes fight if it occurs, not just "oh, here's Diane to stop this silliness."

^ I see what you mean, but I'm just not a fan of it. Why are they beating on Superman when all they need to do to get him to stop fighting is to not threaten him. He doesn't seem the type to fight unless provoked. And I want to see an actual outcome from the Bats/Supes fight if it occurs, not just "oh, here's Diane to stop this silliness."

The build-up to this fight has to be done well if they are to go toe to toe, obviously. And since I'm a rabid Batman fan, I wouldn't want this fight to go all the way. I mean, the superman of the MoS universe snapped the neck of a guy who can level a city with his bare hands.

Batfleck-franchise wouldn't be very profitable to WB if superman throws him into the sun.:cwink:

I would like to see Snyder establish a few things with this fight:

1.Batman can push Superman's buttons, maybe even hurt him a bit.
2.When Superman starts fighting, Batman can't hold a candle against him.
3.Batman wouldn't be stupid enough to go into this fight without an ace up his sleeve, of gauntlet, if you will.
4.After something or someone stops superman from turning Batman into a wet stain on the ground, they realize that they are pretty much on the same page on helping others, and despite their differences the fight acquired them some form of mutual respect.

And I hope this batman is the "six steps ahead of everyone else and always having contingency plans for every possible outcome"-type of genius detective. Not just the guy in a kevlar suit punching mobsters.

I just thought that my little fanboyish idea would be the easiest way to script WW into the mix.

For some peculiar reason I hope that the Wonder Woman of this movie is close to Superman's strength. And with the fighting technique acquired from a lifetime of training is able to hold her own even against him.

But hey, that's just me.:yay:

^ I guess that's what I don't understand. I don't think something like this makes Batman look that good. Basically, he's just saying "Get him Diana!" And she isn't on Superman's level of strength, unless they make her stronger than usual.

I'd rather see some character moments between bats and Supes and maybe they realize on their own that they shouldn't be fighting.

But I have to admit, I'm not sure how I would add WW to this mix.

The whole "I'm just stalling"-idea came from this. Here he basically goes the route of "get him, Supes" without looking bad. And yes, I don't think WW should be as strong as Superman, just strong enough that with her fighting skills she'll be able to at least catch him off his guard and give him a run for his money.

I just think that the idea of Batman going toe to toe with Superman without either getting his hands on kryptonite(which hasn't been introduced yet) or recruiting some form of super-powered assistance(Wonder Woman has been confirmed for this movie) makes Batman look bad.

I mean, I wouldn't pick a fight with Cain Velasquez without a gun or some serious help.

I agree with that point. Batman can't outright fight Supes and win by physical means. He will need something. But I'm not sure if this fight will be purely physical. It all depends on execution, I suppose. If they do use Diana, they will have to consider her motivation. She needs a reason to help Batman and be against Superman if she fights him.

This is my first time posting to this thread so here are my thoughts:

I actually don't think there will be much physical fighting between our two heroes. I'm not even sure why Snyder used that "Dark Knight Returns" reference at the Comic Con announcement; in the that book, Superman and Batman have been friends for a long time at that point and are just now fighting because Superman was following the presidents orders to bring Batman down.

I've mentioned it on other threads, but I feel that the main point of this movie is to establish the relationship between Superman and Batman in order to bring together a JL movie in the near future. With that said, I don't think a movie of this importance will just have them fighting the whole time. Maybe one "pissing contest" fight, but they will partner up pretty fast and take on the main villain for most of the movie.

That's my hope as well. Just having them fight for the majority of the movie would be boring.

There's just not really any good reason for them to fight unless Superman has been compromised. It may be cliché, but I suspect we're going to see some kind of mind control/nanotech control of Superman in this film.

Otherwise a fight is just too forced a concept, and akin to measuring *****. Whereas mind control, etc opens up the opportunity to explore other themes, and justifies the world's concerns about Superman, and by extension, superpowered heroes in general.

In that respect, a Batman/Diana teamup to take him down would be pretty satisfying.

There's just not really any good reason for them to fight unless Superman has been compromised. It may be cliché, but I suspect we're going to see some kind of mind control/nanotech control of Superman in this film.

Otherwise a fight is just too forced a concept, and akin to measuring *****. Whereas mind control, etc opens up the opportunity to explore other themes, and justifies the world's concerns about Superman, and by extension, superpowered heroes in general.

In that respect, a Batman/Diana teamup to take him down would be pretty satisfying.

Oh my goodness, no mind control please.

I don't think there needs to be any mind control for Bats and Supes to fight. Superman should be a perceived threat from Batman's perspective, rather than an actual threat. If he's on a rampage because of mind control, he's an actual threat. And I don't want to see Batman or Superman used as the villain for most of the movie. But the way I see it, Batman could function as a sort of antagonist. Man of Steel set up some legit reasons why Superman could be a perceived threat. The general public will probably be divided on whether he is good or bad. Many won't know exactly what happened that day. Maybe Lois will tell people or the family Supes saved. But people will still see a giant crater of ash in Metropolis and wonder what led to this. There's also the fact that Superman is stronger than any other being on Earth and he could easily choose to end us if he wanted. People are being asked to trust him with their lives and that's not easy. Especially for someone who may be somewhat paranoid and jaded like Batman. Batman has actual reasons to think that Superman may be a threat, so it won't be outlandish if he feels the need to do something about Superman. This way, neither is a villain. Batman's position is understood because he's genuinely afraid that Superman is a threat to humanity. And Superman's position is understood because he didn't mean for people to get hurt and he wants to help humanity. And there's the fight. Superman just wants to be left alone to do what he does, which is rescue people, but can't escape the fall-out of MOS and Batman wants to protect people from an alien threat the best he can.

While I do believe the fight will happen, I think it can be done tastefully, without taking away anything from either of the characters and quite possibly building up both of them as the heroes they are.

What I believe we'll see is that, at a point where a victor (Superman obviously) could be decided, something in their environment happens, a bystander is put in danger (maybe someone running away and stumbling in front of a car or something) and we see both of them immediately disengage the fight and do everything they can to save that person. Ideally this would be a physically dangerous situation for Batman so Supes can see that he is ready to put his life on the line to save someone regardless of what happens to him. And Batman, in turn can see that Supes wants to help the people of Earth more than anything else.

Maybe Batman gets injured trying to save the person and then Superman saves both of them.

I think that way we as the audience get to see some sort of confrontation between them while both Batman and Superman get a chance to shine and display their heroism, inadvertently showing each other that they should be allies and not enemies.

(EDIT: I'm not mentioning Wonder Woman here, as I really hope she won't be a focal character in THIS movie, or in-costume, until the final few minutes of the film)

Last edited:
I don't think there needs to be any mind control for Bats and Supes to fight. Superman should be a perceived threat from Batman's perspective, rather than an actual threat.

So, if they fight, it's because Batman's just paranoid and goes around fighting people?

Meh.

I get that Batman's kind of "paranoid", but Batman and Superman fighting "just because one of them might be a threat" lacks any real logic for me.

It makes perfect sense for Batman to confront (or at least plan to confront) Superman after the events of MOS. Superman may have saved the world, but a lot o people are going to wonder about him. Why wouldn't Batman want to try and put him down?

Going off that: if Batman and Superman are going to fight for that reason, wouldn't Batman have to be willing to kill Superman? How else could that confrontation end? I don't think a warning would cut it.

It makes sense for Batman to plan...but what would be the actual, reasonable reason for a physical confrontation?

I really, REALLY don't want to see a fight with no morestory reasons than "they're immature and hottempered", a la THE AVENGERS.

If Batman kicks Superman's ass making him look like a right punk I will not be pleased. The hard-work they did in Man of Steel would be completely undone.

So, if they fight, it's because Batman's just paranoid and goes around fighting people?

Meh.

I get that Batman's kind of "paranoid", but Batman and Superman fighting "just because one of them might be a threat" lacks any real logic for me.

My point was that there would be some legitimacy to his fears/paranoia. I explained it in the post if you read the rest of it. The events of mos set things up perfectly so that at least some people will think supes is a threat without having to come up with anything hokey.

There's no need to over-think it. Mos gave batman a reason to perceive superman is a threat. People will be divided on him, just like the Hype.

Last edited:
My point was that there would be some legitimacy to his fears/paranoia. I explained it in the post if you read the rest of it. The events of mos set things up perfectly so that at least some people will think supes is a threat without having to come up with anything hokey.

There's no need to over-think it. Mos gave batman a reason to perceive superman is a threat. People will be divided on him, just like the Hype.

Yes, I read the rest of your post. I referenced it when I said "I get that Batman's "paranoid". I don't think anyone's questioned that there's legitimacy to Batman, or anyone else, having concerns about Superman.

But there still has to be an actual reason for a confrontation between the two of them.

There's no need to overthink it, but there is a need to think about it so the event at least makes logical sense.

It makes sense that people who once believed that aliens didn't exist and have been introduced to them due to a near apocalyptic event would be somewhat afraid of that alien. They don't know its intentions. There is very little between human kind and certain death if it goes rouge. Fear makes people act strangely. Superman is a potentially dangerous being. Batman is right to worry.

It makes sense for Batman to plan...but what would be the actual, reasonable reason for a physical confrontation?

To show Superman that he has the resources to take him down if he gives him a reason to. The fight could be less of an actual fight and more of a demonstration (for lack of a better word).

I really, REALLY don't want to see a fight with no morestory reasons than "they're immature and hottempered", a la THE AVENGERS.

I agree with this. I don't actually want to see them fight, but I think it can make sense.

My idea for the fight set-up was this: Lex Luthor wants an excuse to legally take down Superman so he turns public opinion against him by creating [insert superpowered enemy or robot] and claiming that this threat came from space looking for Kal-El, just as Zod did. It now appears Superman's very presence on earth is a threat. The destruction of Metropolis is fresh in everyone's minds. Somehow the conflict takes Superman to Gotham, where Batman decides the best move for earth's safety is to take Superman down, and Superman views Batman as a dangerous, paranoid renegade. The fact that Bruce is seemingly making business deals with Luthor doesn't help Superman's opinion of him (Bruce is doing this to keep tabs on Luthor, of course). Thus, both heroes, each seeking the safety of the public and each viewing the other as a threat, come to blows.

That way they aren't impetuous idiots, but actually have sympathetic motivations for the conflict. Something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"