Iron Man Is Iron Man in uniform going to be very CGI Heavy?

November Rain

Single Mother
Reaction score
We've seen him in the original suit and that's all man made but pretty much all the footage we've seen of iron man in his mach 3 and mach 2 costumes have been very cgi heavy.

That's fine for a large aspect of flight but it shouldn't be all of it.

I also say the tank scene we saw for the superbowl clip was unnecessarily high in cgi. I'm not sure what direction favreau is going on in this but i personally wouldn't be happy with very long grounded (non flight) sequences where iron man was completely cgi.

Marvel has complete CGI characters, they are known as hulk and abomination, Iron man shouldn't be one of them.

Is anyone else interested in seeing some iron man shots that aren't CGI and just seeing how the costume looks and feels with a human inside?

the tank scene is the only scene that i remember where he only walks and he is CGI.

are there more?

the tanks scene could have been done in CGI because jon added that scene in post or maybe it was doen only for the superbowl. or maybe it is 100% CGI because of the atmosphere and lighting.

i hope he is nto so dumb like singer.

well all the shots of him in the mach 2 have been cgi so far and the shot where tony is being shot at without his helmet on looks like his head has been placed on a cgi shell. Same goes on the shots of when he's hovering learning to fly.

The CGI wasn't bad... I liked the shots of him flying in the city... even the fighter jet sequence was decent... but if they are going to CGI Iron Man walking around... that's a joke... please don't #### this up Jon... the effects will make or break the film...

Yeah, i didn't think that tank scene really needed for the character to be in cgi.

Maybe it was made for the trailer but meh...It looked a bit poor.

There are tons of shots online of the suit that are non-CGI. In the original teaser/trailer, first shot of the Mach 3 doesn't look CGI (minus maybe the glowing eyes).

For flight, the scene where Stark is chased by the jets is CGI, but it looks so real that it might as well be the real suit.

Aside from that, there's the tank scene in the latest trailer, which yes, is very CGI. Also looks very unpolished, so it'll probably look better by movie time.

Then where Tony's helmet is off, they CGI'ed the arm because it is expanding to form a shield or something to protect him from bullets.

And for the end battle scene, pictures taken by someone near the set months ago showed someone in an Iron Man suit acting out a scene against an Iron Monger that would be CGI'ed.

So I'm sure we'll see non-CGI suit moments... but what's gonna attract more people? A guy who walks around or a guy who flies? So they show more flight stuff. 'Nuff said.

I don't understand the complaints here. Spider-Man when not doing things that people can't do was used heavily for cg. Need I remind anyone about the infamous jump onto the balcony during the bank/side building fight as one of many examples?

I hope we get to see less cg but if not I'm not bothered. That last shot of IM blasting the tank was pretty sweet.

well all the shots of him in the mach 2 have been cgi so far and the shot where tony is being shot at without his helmet on looks like his head has been placed on a cgi shell. Same goes on the shots of when he's hovering learning to fly.
you mean the front shot of the mark 2,the boots,the back when he transforms are all CGI?

The only CGI since the conception of this film worth complaining about is the tank scene. Up till then the CGI had been top notch, and will probably be so in the final project.

I think with that last scene with the tank, they wanted to grab peoples attention, whether it was finished or not, it looked good, but compaired to the rest of the CG in the commercial you could tell it was unfinished.

I don't understand the complaints here. Spider-Man when not doing things that people can't do was used heavily for cg. Need I remind anyone about the infamous jump onto the balcony during the bank/side building fight as one of many examples?

I hope we get to see less cg but if not I'm not bothered. That last shot of IM blasting the tank was pretty sweet.
standing still, hovering or dodging a tank missle and then raising his arm are hardly out of the ordinary feats...

I'm sure the CGI will be touched up for the final film. You can see in the spot that it looks unfinished.

I agree Iron Man SHOULD NOT be completely CGI, I admit too that the tank scene did look a little "cartoony" for my taste. If you ever watch the spiderman movies on Blue-ray they just look like computer generated cartoons, Iron Man will look the same, and in my opinion thats straight up crap.

I think that tank shot is from the game and was just put in for the bowl ad. cus the dogfight scence looks 90 times better and realler ( if there is such a word) than that tank shot.

I was under the impression the only CGI stuff is when he's flying and doing repulsor ray action. The armor and everything else is practical.

That last part of the trailer does look like a video game. Something similar to Call of Duty.

The Iron suit looked great throughout, doesn't really phase me if the suit is CG 50% of the film as long as I can't tell it is.

There are tons of shots online of the suit that are non-CGI. In the original teaser/trailer, first shot of the Mach 3 doesn't look CGI (minus maybe the glowing eyes).

So I'm sure we'll see non-CGI suit moments... but what's gonna attract more people? A guy who walks around or a guy who flies? So they show more flight stuff. 'Nuff said.

I know they built a real life Mach 3 suit. I bet some of the things people think are CGI isn't. That's how good that they've gotten with the technology. People see what they want to see.

Some people were critical of the Spider-Man 3 "CGI" crane scene when in fact the stuff that they were whining about was a 1/6 miniature real life giant model. Not all CGI at all.

That last part of the trailer does look like a video game. Something similar to Call of Duty.
What? Call of Duty? Anyways the CGI doesnt bother me too much, I thought the clip of iron man blowing up that tank was sick!

Well, we've seen footage of the crew filming, where there's obviously an actor in a suit, as well as a scene with Iron Monger about to throw a car at Iron Man, and that all appears to be done practically. I want a new trailer, but that might not be for another month or two.

When are we gonna see some Hulk footage, though! And the teaser can't be like the one for the Lee movie, where all we saw was a close-up of Banner's eye as he transformed into the Hulk. We need a good shot of the Hulk, because this film has to work quick to grap people who didn't care for the first film.

I think that tank shot is from the game and was just put in for the bowl ad. cus the dogfight scence looks 90 times better and realler ( if there is such a word) than that tank shot.

Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw it too. It looked like a video game cinematic. So it being for the IM game wouldn't surprise me at all. They're probably still working on a lot of the CG and decided to throw that quick shot in for an extra beat. Or the CG's just not finished.

Someone should ask Favs about that lost shot on his myspace. I would, but I'm a f-book only kinda guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"