Iron Man Iron Man can captivate the audiences more than the Dark Knight

chiefchirpa

Haaa-rooooooo
Reaction score
Here's how:

1. Dynamic flying sequences. This is what I like the most in FF:ROTSS and it should be done heavily in Iron Man as one of Marvel heavy flyers.

2. More balistic or missile weapons. I know Repulsors is Iron Man's mainstay, but ray of light is boring if used a lot. People like to see rockets (see Transformers trailers) flying.

3. Energy shield/bubble? The comics doesn't use this a lot but it's mentioned in every exposition about Iron Man. Can we see this?

4. Energy swords for close combat. Many sources mention this too as one of the armor's many weapons but the comics seldom use it. Ah, the comics suck - it's one of the reasons why Iron Man never flies off high.

5. Uni beam that's not just a fancy searchlight. Make it the ultimate weapon.

6. Adrenaline pumping music.

7. Comedic one liners in Iron Man's synthesized voice. Iron Man is not dark and brooding like Batman.

Have some more?

4. If they can make it VERY different from Starcraft's Protoss weapon, then I'd be all for it.

While all are valid points, I don't think IM would ever reach the popularity of Batman.
But,
8. Solid performances by the terrific, so far, cast would sure help a lot!

Batman is undeniably more popular than Iron Man, and I wholeheartedly agree that it will be #1 superhero movie of 2008. But that doesn't mean that Iron Man can't captivate the audiences more than the Dark Knight. Most people don't know LOTR or even Star Wars in 1977. Look how those went.

For #4, actually it's like Starcraft Protoss. Maybe less mystic based (Khaydarin crystal or something - man I miss Starcraft), more scientifically based thru contained lasers.

You have a point, but let me say this:
Star Wars was unknown in 1977 and it became huge, check.
Batman COMICS were unknown in 1938 and became huge, check.
LotR, the BOOK was published in 1973(?), was unknown, became huge, check.
Iron Man COMIC was unknown, became fairly popular, check.
Now, the LotR films had an already big fanbase (sure, they drew others, as well) and if not for the books, the success would not be as it is now.
Star Wars is a different beast, as it came directly to the big screen.

The same thing should apply for IM and TDK.
Considering they are both faithful to the spirit of their respective source material, fans should know what to expect, again respectively.
Add to the mix that Batman is already more popular as an icon alone than Iron Man.
Both movies are adaptations. Only if Favreau pulls a Blade, can the movies become more huge and classic than the comics, which I doubt.
In bottomline, I think that if both directors stay true to the comics, it is only logical that the respective movies will give the same respective quality, thus causing the movies to have the same respective quality and difference in popularity.

PS: I hope that made sense!
PS2: Let's hope Starcraft 2 will deliver, the teaser and gameplay video were very promising!

Hey lets see the film first before giving praise. Things can look good on paper but turn out to be crap.

I agree. Need to see at least a little footage. I hope this film is good but I'm not really a fan of the director.

Hey lets see the film first before giving praise. Things can look good on paper but turn out to be crap.

I said "Can". It's a hope that the movie will take advantage on its strength, big bang cutting edge action.

And I'm not giving it praise yet.

Has there been any mention of when the Teaser might hit in theatres? I'm also a Batman fan as well so I hope they both do well. They do need to have some kickass flying sequences though.

well see. this wont beat the dark knight flat out; but i could see this breaking out. all of the main people(favreau, downey, paltrow) are great actors who have been on the verge of massive mainstream breakouts for while; especially downey. with 135 million it should be good and i see a mr. n mrs. smith type gross in the u.s.

Here's how:

1. Dynamic flying sequences. This is what I like the most in FF:ROTSS and it should be done heavily in Iron Man as one of Marvel heavy flyers.

2. More balistic or missile weapons. I know Repulsors is Iron Man's mainstay, but ray of light is boring if used a lot. People like to see rockets (see Transformers trailers) flying.

3. Energy shield/bubble? The comics doesn't use this a lot but it's mentioned in every exposition about Iron Man. Can we see this?

4. Energy swords for close combat. Many sources mention this too as one of the armor's many weapons but the comics seldom use it. Ah, the comics suck - it's one of the reasons why Iron Man never flies off high.

7. Comedic one liners in Iron Man's synthesized voice. Iron Man is not dark and brooding like Batman.

Have some more?
it's war machine who uses the energy sword maybe tony can develop it for the war macine armor in sequels:trans:

It could.

I think people overestimate the success of Nolan's film. It was a good film, but definitely not in Spidey's territory. If the contrast between the two films is big enough, lighter versus darker, I think Iron Man could break even with TDK if not pull an outright upset.

As far as weapons go, I want to see the proton cannon....nothing more entertaining than seeing IM materialize from nowhere a gun bigger than he is and then blast the entire screen.

marvelcapcom3.jpg

I think IM will be more visually pleasing, as it will have the darker visuals of Stark's more seedy elements of his lifestyle, as well as the flamboyant style of his persona transmuted through cinematography, sounds bloody good!

And Robert Downey Jr is more charismatic than Bale so will bowl over audiences pretty damn well!

Here's how:

Have some more?
this is what you want to see in IM not what will be.

i am hyped for this movie i really am..... i cant wait for it to come out, i cant wait to see what Robert does with the character, i cant wait to see what Jon does with his direction..... but to say it can bring in a bigger audience then TDK will... is pushing it.... yes i am a bat-fan, ever since birth, but after BB success, and audiences already comfy with the characters and the way this movie is plotted out to be.... with something like Batman to me the 2nd FAVE DC character and IM who is what 5th....6th known chacter to Marvels universe..... like when i think marvel i think... spiderman, hulk, capt. america, and x-men. IM doesnt come to mind... like i know he is there but those popular more bigger names i know of....

i really am looking forward ot this move but i doubt TDK will not be greater....

but bruce wayne is also a great man... brooding but great.... and stark is (i might be wrong) an alcho, womanizing, money money money man .... oh and smart ass....

i think to that audiences will be relaxed with Bruce more then tony....

but anyways....

bah just thoughti would write that

What I'm hoping is that IronMan will have all of the dramatic sequence that Batman Begins had, but with all the action the Spider-man movies had. If it can do that, it will be the best Superhero franchise out there.

Threads like these tend to end badly......so far i see intelligent debate.......please keep it up and don't resort to childish fanboy wars

Bale has done the best Bruce Wayne since Michael Keaton, perhaps even better. The only thing I'd say about the new Batman series is the action so far has been lackluster, other than the Batmobile chase which was done very well.

Oh, Lord, there´s the Marvel vs. DC bitsching again or, as I like to call it, "the comics geek version of two seven year-old comparing the size of their weewees"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"