Iron Man Iron Man can captivate the audiences more than the Dark Knight

It the analysis of two different characters, it just so happens they are oposing comic book companies.

I come at this from a movie point of view, I couldn't care less who made the comics, or even how accurate it is, as long as the quality is there.

Oh, Lord, there´s the Marvel vs. DC bitsching again or, as I like to call it, "the comics geek version of two seven year-old comparing the size of their weewees"...

so far this thread has been a pretty good debate,if it had been the usual fanboy crap i'd have trashed it

back on topic, the younger audiences is an interesting point here, batman is decidedly dark etc, and ironman is an alchoholic rolemodel, which is most likely to pull in the kiddies?

I go for Ironman because kids think drink is cool, and he has a flying robot suit :)

Threads like these tend to end badly......so far i see intelligent debate.......please keep it up and don't resort to childish fanboy wars

This thread is about the 2 comic books movies, not the comic characters themselves. Most people know Iron Man (movie) is the underdog compared to the same season release superhero flick the Dark Knight where it has established character to begin with. We're just saying "look, the Iron Man movie is based on a kick ass high-tech superhero and ILM is working on it. It can win the heart of moviegoers if it has so and so (notice I don't mention Batman until the last point)".

This thread is about the 2 comic books movies, not the comic characters themselves. Most people know Iron Man (movie) is the underdog compared to the same season release superhero flick the Dark Knight where it has established character to begin with. We're just saying "look, the Iron Man movie is based on a kick ass high-tech superhero and ILM is working on it. It can win the heart of moviegoers if it has so and so (notice I don't mention Batman until the last point)".

I'm well aware of the intentions of the thread,i am saying that as soon as you put a Marvel and DC character in this type of contest then it usually leads to flame wars between the pettier minded fans on each side.

Here's how:

1. Dynamic flying sequences. This is what I like the most in FF:ROTSS and it should be done heavily in Iron Man as one of Marvel heavy flyers.

2. More balistic or missile weapons. I know Repulsors is Iron Man's mainstay, but ray of light is boring if used a lot. People like to see rockets (see Transformers trailers) flying.

3. Energy shield/bubble? The comics doesn't use this a lot but it's mentioned in every exposition about Iron Man. Can we see this?

4. Energy swords for close combat. Many sources mention this too as one of the armor's many weapons but the comics seldom use it. Ah, the comics suck - it's one of the reasons why Iron Man never flies off high.

5. Uni beam that's not just a fancy searchlight. Make it the ultimate weapon.

6. Adrenaline pumping music.

7. Comedic one liners in Iron Man's synthesized voice. Iron Man is not dark and brooding like Batman.

Have some more?

Not once did you mention story. Sure all these things will look good and wow the audience, including myself for sure, but come on...if the story isn't any good who cares.

I'm placing bets now that TDK will be awesome both visually and story-wise. I'm hoping Iron Man doesn't blow, and I really want it to succeed. Just like any other comic book film that comes out.

I know a lot of people who are aware of comic characters from shows and games but dont read any of the books.

Their opinion Bats no1 DC Iron Man no1 marvel

Why Marvel Ultimate Alliance, people love using IM

I know a lot of you wont admit it but I know IM is up their in public awareness
and the action will be king **** (hard & fast)

I think some ofthose features should be saved for an improved armor in the sequal, Iron Man didn't have all those features from the get go in the comics, right? So why have all that in the first movie?

Not once did you mention story. Sure all these things will look good and wow the audience, including myself for sure, but come on...if the story isn't any good who cares.

I'm placing bets now that TDK will be awesome both visually and story-wise. I'm hoping Iron Man doesn't blow, and I really want it to succeed. Just like any other comic book film that comes out.

Quality of the story included in ceteris paribus (granted to be equal)

I'm not going to underestimate both films storyline. However, TDK commitment to whiz bang action is hampered both of the character Batman which never really commits to frontal assault and Nolan's vision of realism. On the other hand, Iron Man is pound per pound is the best mass-destructors with conventional and exotic tech arsenals in his hand.

so far this thread has been a pretty good debate,if it had been the usual fanboy crap i'd have trashed it

I guess I just don´t care because there are characters from both companies I like and if both Marvel and DC have successfull movies around it´s good for comic book-based movies in general.

I guess I just don´t care because there are characters from both companies I like and if both Marvel and DC have successfull movies around it´s good for comic book-based movies in general.

I agree both movies are going to be great for the fans and public some of you need to stop looking at this as some kind of competition they come out a month apart for **** sake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"