Is it pointless to hope for a better script than the first movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by The Lizard, Dec 6, 2008.

1. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

I'm not quite sure what that last part means, but you do realize you just contradicted yourself, right? If TF is a "friggin children concept", then why was the movie PG-13 with sexy Megan Fox, cursing Bernie Mac and *********ion/dog piss jokes added? I don't remember any of those in the kids cartoons.

It's like the writers tried to make Transformers more "mature" than the cartoon, but they just brought the maturity level up to that of the target audience of Meet the Spartans instead of the maturity level of the target audience of Spider-Man.

I guess some people can't tell the difference, or just don't care.

2. Jake Cassidy Registered

^ Or maybe you should just lighten the hell up.

3. AnorexicBatman Registered

^Why? Is it wrong to expect professionalism from a movie crew just because it is based of on toys? Look at Pixar! None of their movies (Save "Up!") feature human characters but all of them are so lovable and endearing. Is it so much to ask for character development of a few robots that TRANSFORM into cars?

4. dark_b Registered

when rendering 80% raytraced cars that need to fit in the real word will be cheap then i will give you character development.
    on the other hand the house scenes used a lot of robots hat could be used for character development.

hhhhhhhhhi need some sleep.

5. Travesty Registered

LOL

I'm sure they didn't have to many sexy girls in skirts in the cartoons, because it was......a CARTOON. And yes, the old '86 Movie and old shows had PLENTY of stupid jokes and one liners. They didn't make anything more "mature", it was just a live action movie, with jokes thrown in. If you didn't like it, then don't buy the DVD or watch it again. If you didn't like it, then don't go see the sequel. The movie is dumb, with hot girls and action. If you're expecting a "masterpiece" about transforming robots, then maybe you need to think twice about how silly that sounds.

And the "maturity level" was on par with Spider-Man. That movie had just as many "what the fu<k" lines and lame jokes as Transformers. Comparing it to a comedy spoof, with random scenes, and slapstick jokes is wayyyyyy off base.

But in the end, I am truly glad you hated it, and I'm just as happy that you wont enjoy the sequel. You sound like the 5 year old at Toy 'R Us who isn't getting the toy he "needs". Have fun not getting what you want.:hoboj:

#230 Travesty, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  6. Travesty Registered

But you already know the characters backstorys. Its just like when Burton made Batman89, you just saw Batman kicking ass, and we didn't have to know that he trained to get to where he is. He just was, and the majority of the audience already knew this. If this was a standalone film, with no other ties to the movie, then yeah, you would probably need some backstory and stronger character development. But we have YEARS of backstory from a variety of different mediums to understand who/where these robots came from.

And just like you said, you know what to expect from this film crew. If its not your cup of tea, then don't pay to go see it.

7. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

Hey, if you disagree, fine. No one's making you read this thread.

This seems to be the basic crux of any pro-TF 2007 argument I'm hearing -- "lighten up!" "turn off your brain!" "it's based on toys, just enjoy the FX!". I'm quite capable of doing all these things...to a point. Forgive me if I expect a certain minimal level of writing professionalism from a PG-13 sci-fi blockbuster movie.

What makes Pixar's The Incredibles better than The Fantastic Four movies? Am I being unfair in noticing all the weaknesses of the F4 movie scripts when I should just "lighten up" and "turn off my brain" because they're silly comicbook superhero movies?

8. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

If you really think that, then I don't think we have too much more to discuss.
    Really, you need to go back and watch both movies again if you honestly believe what you just said.

Now you're just trolling. I already said that I didn't "hate" TF 2007. I even said that it was more entertaining overall than Spider-Man 3. Geez, if you're going to try to pick a forum-fight at least read all my posts in this thread first. Speaking of 5-year-olds....
    Fail.

9. Travesty Registered

Trolling? I answered your initial question that you asked in this thread, ie. expect the same in TF2, If you don't like it, then don't go see it.

No, I didn't read all 10 pages of this thread, I just looked at pg1, then the last, and I posted my reply. Afterwords, you jumped on me, even though I answered exactly what you were asking for, which is again, it will be a similar movie. I haven't read that you liked TF1, only you saying how "unwatchable" it is, which would be an indication to me that you do, in fact, hate TF.

I don't care about you, or your opinion over TF. I liked it, and I thought it was goofy popcorn fun. So I truly am happy you didn't enjoy it, cause I don't care about your opinion. All you're doing is setting yourself up for disaster. I'm sorry you didn't like the answers that MANY have given you here, but once again, since you keep missing the answer, it will be the same kind of acting/writing that you saw in TF1. Dont go see it if it bugs you that much.

10. chosen1 Registered

The first movie didnt even have three clear acts. The most basic story level. Bay is Killing Transformers.

11. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

LOL - you don't care, but you keep coming back to attempt to tell me how I'm wrong in my observations of the TF movie. Way to not care, there, kid.

The "answers" I keep "missing" from those who disagree with me aren't answering anything, just repeating the same old positions over and over again. Are you "missing" the comments from the MANY who agree with me?

As I've said before, anyone who thinks that the script and dialog from the first TF movie were perfect and in no need of improvement probably isn't going to get what I'm saying anyway. But there's nothing wrong in hoping that a movie that didn't live up to its full potential in EITHER the action direction OR the script doesn't improve some in the sequel.

I'm not predicting that TF2 will be a disaster at all. I would just like to enjoy it on more levels than I did the first movie. Improvements are quite possible.

12. Travesty Registered

:facepalm

No, I was explaining to you that I was just answering your initial question, and not trolling. I just reworded everything, so hopefully you would understand what I was saying. Obviously not, now you're just taking things out of context.

And again, I haven't read every post in here, I'm not acting like I have, so I don't know what everybody said that is in agreement with you. I'm glad to see you're hopeful about the new movie, so I'll just leave it at that.:cwink:

13. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

[​IMG]

Indeed..

Well, my initial response to your post was not intended to "jump on you" in any way -- just to point out that the action FX parts that made Transformers entertaining made up a small part of the movie compared to all the other stuff that I saw as being weak.

Your following responses of "good god!", "I swear", and ultimately calling me a 5-year old shows that you seem to be more passionate about about defending TF 2007 than I am about criticizing it. That's totally fine of course.
    As we both can agree, we'll just have to wait and see what we get this July.

14. CEREBRAL.... Agent in action!

Hey Lizard..i've agreed with you since day one, and this post is basically hitting the nail right on the head again. Honestly man just give up, you're gonna get the same response no matter what. Those who loved the movie will never see our points and think way beyond what we are trying to say..it's a big waste of our time..

"never argue with fools...from a distance you can't tell who is who..."

^^^oh yeah..ha ha great pic....prefect!!!

15. Adrian89 Bad.Ass.

I highly doubt that. :rolleyes:

lol!

16. LightningFlash Registered

The most ignorant post in the Transformers forum to date.

17. Jake Cassidy Registered

edit

#242 Jake Cassidy, Jan 30, 2009
  18. Jake Cassidy Registered

I never said, or meant, any of that. I just said it because it seems that you take things a little too seriously. If I'm wrong, than I'm wrong and I apologise. No big deal.

I'm pro TF because I love the movie. I, honestly, don't see anything wrong with it. If you do, fine. We all like (and expect) different things.

Besides, with Ehren Kruger involved the second movie will, hopefully, be better anyway. :yay:

Also, I hated 'The Incredibles' and liked FF. I guess that makes me a little strange. :woot:

#243 Jake Cassidy, Jan 30, 2009
  19. Jake Cassidy Registered

edit

#244 Jake Cassidy, Jan 30, 2009
  20. chosen1 Registered

Ignorant!? so I'm wrong?

21. Jake Cassidy Registered

^ I'm gonna let LightningFlash take that one. I'm sick of arguing. :)

#246 Jake Cassidy, Jan 30, 2009
  22. sto_vo_kor_2000 Registered

Well you weren't very clear.

23. mclay18 Registered

Thank you so much.

Putting Bay and a decent-to-good script together is like mixing water and oil -- it can't happen. I wouldn't loathe TF if the action scenes were actually exciting and the characters were likeable or had a bit of dimension to them. Shia's Sam Witwicky was a bit of a schmuck and the only reason he was the main character was because he had a clunky plot device.

The more I think about TF, the more I hate it. Again, I say that Spielberg would've done a much better movie even with the same script and cast attached -- that's how good he is.

24. Jake Cassidy Registered

^ Maybe you should stop thinking about it, if it fills you with so much hatred. Go watch something you like and you can be happier. :)

#249 Jake Cassidy, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  25. Doctor Jones shocked and baffled

People want an brainy Transformers film that improves from what the original was in terms of intelligence?

:lmao: