Revenge of the Fallen Is it pointless to hope for a better script than the first movie?

I think we ARE getting something better... I did not see a single stereotype in the teaser..
Shia seemed frightened, Megan was losing it and Lennox was flabbergasted...
Very real looking reactions...

I think we ARE getting something better... I did not see a single stereotype in the teaser..
Shia seemed frightened, Megan was losing it and Lennox was flabbergasted...
Very real looking reactions...

possible..but REMEMBER it's only a teaser..remember spider man 3's teaser and trailer??I thought after that i was gonna see the best movie ever..but instead i got that crap...but i'm hoping as well too (about TF2)..it does look like it will be an improvement and that's all i'm asking for as well..but i'll hold out til a full length trailer and movie comes out!! But good start so far...

The trailers for the first film did not match the tone of the film. Which is what I expect this time as well. Sad really, I really, really like the idea of a serious, well crafted and original Transformer film.

Well Spider-Man 2 was made in 2 years and is a CGI/action-heavy film and most consider it to be superior to the first film (and all consider it superior to the third). I would say it is hard to argue that it did not at least have a much stronger screenplay than Spider-Man 1.

But Sam Raimi from day 1 cares about his characters and there was a sincerity in the first film that made it such a huge hit and allowed him to make a more organic and intelligent film the second go-round. Too bad he got too caught up in the classic folly of sequels for the third..."bigger and better," and became more focused on the superflous aspects of the franchise.

I digress. My point is to those who say TF2 can't be a superior film because of the 2 year gap are wrong. However, given Bay's track record, the WGA strike in middle of pre-production and the beginning of production, as well as Bay's interest in the humanity of the franchise (or lack thereof) exhibited in the first film....I'm not hoping for much. The teaser looked as confusing and dull as the last movie.

But I could be wrong.

Spider-Man 2 bored the **** out of me. I guess I must be the only one. :)

Well Spider-Man 2 was made in 2 years and is a CGI/action-heavy film and most consider it to be superior to the first film (and all consider it superior to the third). I would say it is hard to argue that it did not at least have a much stronger screenplay than Spider-Man 1.

But Sam Raimi from day 1 cares about his characters and there was a sincerity in the first film that made it such a huge hit and allowed him to make a more organic and intelligent film the second go-round. Too bad he got too caught up in the classic folly of sequels for the third..."bigger and better," and became more focused on the superflous aspects of the franchise.

I digress. My point is to those who say TF2 can't be a superior film because of the 2 year gap are wrong. However, given Bay's track record, the WGA strike in middle of pre-production and the beginning of production, as well as Bay's interest in the humanity of the franchise (or lack thereof) exhibited in the first film....I'm not hoping for much. The teaser looked as confusing and dull as the last movie.

But I could be wrong.

Surprise surprise,you didn't like the teaser trailer tv spot. :whatever:

I should have seen that Spiderman 2 comparison coming.

*Looks at your avatar

Surprise surprise,you didn't like the teaser trailer tv spot. :whatever:

I should have seen that Spiderman 2 comparison coming.

*Looks at your avatar

Do we even talk much? I know I haven't been on this board since the movie was released in July 2007 and I haven't talked to you in as long as I can remember. So why the attitude?

And yes, I must be a Spidey fanboy. I would never criticize anything related to the character....Well besides the fact that my avatar (the first one I ever used) is a symbol of criticism (or disdain) for what they are doing with the character right now.

I was actually defending your precious movie from those who said it is bound to suck due to the production schedule. I said it was possible to be good and listed an example most on this site would respect. But I guess having a stick up your ass can cause gaps in logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"