Is it possible to recover an online PDF leak that's not working?

Discussion in 'Tech & Support' started by zeptron, Oct 18, 2020.

1. zeptron Registered

Years ago there was a PDF school newsletter and it had some pretty useful information. I'm trying to edit an article on Wikipedia using that information as a source, however the link to it is no longer working. Here's the link I'm referring to

http://www.pembinatrails.ca/oakpark/info/Newsletters/June.pdf

I instead get a "page not found" error message and it takes me to the school list. I was wondering is there anyway to fix it?

2. ComicChick I Work Too Much

you might have to ask the school to republish it?

3. geetard Rebirth

When was the newsletter originally published? According to Archive.org, that link has been saved 65 times between 2013 and 2020:

Wayback Machine

Good luck.

4. zeptron Registered

It was initially published in 2012. I also tried using Wayback before asking here and the earliest save points are from 2013(when I'm certain the link was still working) and even on those I instead get a "this page cannot be found".

https://web.archive.org/web/2013110...natrails.ca/oakpark/info/Newsletters/June.pdf

Whereas the checkpoints that were made this year, I get the same result as the link in my initial post.

I actually emailed the school to see if by any chance they still had the newsletter. Unfortunately for me they didn't.