How not to treat your customers

This almost seems like there's a movie and book deal waiting to happen here.

That guy Paul would probably like to think that. But sorry...internet pin-cushion will be the height of his 'fame'.

Oh he wouldn't get a penny out of it, just like all those Law and Order SVU episodes.

His twitter account is still fairly unrepentant, ranging from telling his critics to "eat ****," to saying the more you mention his name the more money he makes. I don't buy into his phony attempts at being apologetic one bit.

He won't. Plain and simple.

I'd say justice has been served. He's an idiot and won't last long in the business.

Anyone see the Ocean Marketing FAIL video on youtube. :funny:

Yeah, I thought the video was great. Amazing how fast people throw things together.

I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. He seems sorry that he pissed off the "wrong person" and seemed delusional in realizing who he was dealing with. You treat all customers with respect, regardless of who they are. This will blow over, but he brought everything on himself. Some people only learn the hard way and this guy seems to still be unapologetic.

This guy reminds me of the proprietor of Fashionable Male.

The guy sounds like a dick even when apologizing. At the very most he is sorry he pissed off the wrong person.

A bully who got what was coming to him. His apologies were obviously insincere, as we can see from his other comments.

Too bad they didn't speak to each other over the phone. That would've been a fun conversation to upload on YouTube.

He seems to be more sincerely apologetic now...still a bit snide...but I think it's certain that it'll keep him from doing it again. Three days later after the 'rush' of the scandal/combat has worn off, probably about time to let the whole thing fade. It'll probably be an ultimately helpful experience for him.

I can endorse the trolling on the guy who mistreated his customer, but his wife and children should be left out of it.

Greeeaaaatttt.......

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114994-Ocean-Marketing-Attempts-To-Extort-Former-Client

Earlier tonight, Chiullan tweeted that Christoforo was holding N-Control's various email and social media accounts hostage. One of the first questions asked in the AMA was how this could happen. Chiullan's answer is below:

I've been trying to get him to give up the access to these things he's been holding hostage (email accounts, Twitter, etc) by asking nicely for a couple of days. The gloves are off now.

Paul told me on the phone two hours ago that "Eight months ago, I locked down all this stuff so they wouldn't be able to **** with me. If they don't give me what I want, it's war." His demands include a contract written on his terms and substantial compensation, both immediate and for as long as the company continues to exist. He flaunted the PR debacle he created as proof that he "made the company a success", citing all the media and public attention as the "best thing that ever happened to Avenger".

He didn't count on the fact that I anticipated all of this and have been a computer hardware and web tech since I was 14.

The thing we did have is control over the AvengerController.com domain. It was transferred away from its original account, which Paul has complete control of. Because of how GoDaddy works, that old account retained all of the email addresses and their master control settings (forwarding and so on). He has continued to respond to customer emails from his personal GMail account and lied to me repeatedly about doing so.

I tried to play nice, and Paul played stupid, acting like he didn't have access to this master account, blaming his "Indian outsourced tech team" being on vacation. I gave him two days to give over N-Control's digital property.

He finally leveled with me tonight that he knew I wasn't that stupid and that he was lying about his access to all these accounts. That's when he issued the above-mentioned threat. He reiterated that he had the hosting, email, and everything on lockdown.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting a "Kevin Bacon wasn't in Foot Loose" vibe from him? Eeeh Awww.

This guy is great. I hope he never goes away.

His new coompany:

tqdZw.jpg

I don't get it...what exactly does his company do?

Aside from misspell? Good question.

It's supposed to be 'marketing'...but that becomes quite a bit harder the less and less people want to work with you or even be associated with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"