Superman Returns Is it safe to say that Lex really did win in the end with Superman Returns?

Reaction score
I ask this question because if you think about it yes Superman did stop Lex's plot for New Krypton, but at the end of the day Lex hurt Superman far worse then he could ever have physically but taking Jason away from him. I mean Lex was behind the whole plot that Krypton might still be alive which in turn has Superman leave Earth and in that time Lois has his child and has moved on with her life and Superman is now on the outside looking in on everything he wanted but now can never have (a family of his own) the reason why he left in the first place and all this was caused by Lex. So I am just wondering if the real winner at the end of all of this is Lex.

Lex was the reason Superman left Earth?

I don't remember that...

Lex was the reason Superman left Earth?

I don't remember that...
Yes he was which is why I say there needs to be a director's cut of Superman Returns. Really in the movie (if you read the shooting script and everything in that script was shot it just ended up on the cutting floor) Lex sets the whole plan into motion about Krypton still being around which cause Superman to leave. Which is why in the movie you hear him say you took away five years of my life I was just returning the favor. I mean there is so much left out of that movie that people do not even know about. The whole real theme of Superman Returns was cut with a longer talk with his mom in Smallville about him not sure the people even want a Superman anymore or will welcome him back which plays a big part to the reaction he gets after saving the plane. The whole RTK and how it plays a role in New Krypton as well as the whole roof top talk with Lois where she shows more emotion to him instead of being cold. Really there is about 30 mins of that movie that was cut that is very important to the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"