Is old school pulp action back on the rise???

superman-mos

Civilian
Reaction score
Probably my favorite genre of movies are the Action adventure films like Indiana Jones( my favorite fictional character). Seeing all the movie news as of late and this is what we got.

1. Indiana Jones 5
2. Jungle Cruise ( Disney ride based in 1920s w/ the rock)
3. Doc Savage ( also the rock)
4. Tomb Raider
5. Uncharted

Seems to me like the Adventurer/ treasure hunter genre is making a come back and I for one am thrilled at the prospect . That being said what are some thoughts on this and what other franchises would you like to see make a comeback in this area of films? I would like to see ....

1. Tales of the gold monkey
2. King Solomon mines
3. The Mercenary sea ( great comic , look it up)
4. dirk Pitt novels
5. Johnny quest
6. Gabriel Hunt novels

I am a tremendous fan of pulp heroes and pulp fiction in general. I really go for the detective heroes/ancestors of Batman in a big way, like The Shadow, The Spirit, The Green Hornet etc. but also really love a lot of 1930's adventure stuff like Lee Falk's The Phantom and Indy Jones too. The revival/newer pulp characters like The Rocketeer, Lobster Johnson etc. are fun too. I would even call Disney's National Treasure films a nod to the 1930's adventure/treasure hunter genre.

I too have noticed this trend and I hope it continues. Was never much of a Doc Savage fan but if we can get this flavor in Hollywood, maybe we can see a pulp revival. Quite exciting!

hollywood aint gonna support pulp heroes after monsters bombs of lone ranger and john carter

I would include Tin Tin, and if we ever get one, Lupin the Third only because I see them as pulp adventure movies too.

I think most pulp characters are not popular now with Generation X or the Millenials. They simply are not familiar with any of them.

Thats why superhero movies are doing big business now. Its their brand of hero.
I think if pulp movies come into the fold......the 1st Cap. America movie kinda got it right. It was a period piece movie , set in WWII.

Doc Savage, the Shadow & Phantom could be mega blockbusters if the right director & writer handle them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"