Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Is Skye who we think she is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iGiFF

Civilian
Reaction score
Rumors are making the rounds that Skye may in fact be a familiar character from the comics. Some speculate that she is Jessica Drew because she is a double agent, or she may be Jessica Jones because of her investigative skills and identity being covered up. I think we can all agree there is more to Skye then we are being let in on, why else does Coulson want her on his team?

She could end up as Drew or Jones and I'd be happy. The Jones theory seems to make more sense, especially since the show based on her just got canned.

There is a thread on Skye already.

Did she fly or show any signs of super strength?

If we haven't seen Black Widow in MCU, I would have thought she's the infamous Black Widow.

All of which is unfounded "this is what I think should happen so it must be whats going to happen" theories. :o

She's a double agent. She's got secrets. So she must be Spider-Woman, or maybe Jessica Jones.

Or, and this is more likely, she's just some chick Wheadon made up named Skye who's a double agent.

If she was Jessica Drew rainbows of happiness would shoot out of my eyelids

All of which is unfounded "this is what I think should happen so it must be whats going to happen" theories. :o

She's a double agent. She's got secrets. So she must be Spider-Woman, or maybe Jessica Jones.

Or, and this is more likely, she's just some chick Wheadon made up named Skye who's a double agent.

Do you take everything at face value?

There's clearly a lot more to Skye than "hacker hottie who thinks she's a mole infiltrating an intel agency, but is really just there for window dressing."

Whether or not she's secretly intended to be an actual character from the comic books is, obviously, questionable. The reason the Jessica Drew rumor keeps popping up is because (a) her backstory of being a double agent inside SHIELD immediately brings to mind Spider-Woman's story, and (b) one of the alleged "insiders" that people here like to follow from time to time claimed many months ago that his "source" had revealed that Skye would turn out to be a well-known character from the comics.

I wouldnt peg her for being jessica jones or jessica drew. I dont think she fits either role very well.

I certainly hope she's not Jessica Drew. She doesn't seem anything like her. Even Melinda May's personality at the moment is more like Jessica Drew's at the start when she was a Hydra spy.

I certainly hope she's not Jessica Drew. She doesn't seem anything like her. Even Melinda May's personality at the moment is more like Jessica Drew's at the start when she was a Hydra spy.

TBH, I don't think she's Spider-Woman, either.....other than an identical double-agent background, the similarities end there. The Rising Tide doesn't even faintly resemble a terrorist group (yet), just a bunch of conspiracy nuts and superhero groupies; and Skye doesn't resemble the bad-ass-assin that Jessica Drew is. I'd say the odds are about 10 to 1 against, but there's an outside chance.

I don't think she's a superhero...I think she is just a spy for Rising Tide...and I think she may die to save the team eventually.

Do you take everything at face value?

There's clearly a lot more to Skye than "hacker hottie who thinks she's a mole infiltrating an intel agency, but is really just there for window dressing."

Whether or not she's secretly intended to be an actual character from the comic books is, obviously, questionable. The reason the Jessica Drew rumor keeps popping up is because (a) her backstory of being a double agent inside SHIELD immediately brings to mind Spider-Woman's story, and (b) one of the alleged "insiders" that people here like to follow from time to time claimed many months ago that his "source" had revealed that Skye would turn out to be a well-known character from the comics.

I don't take everything at face value, just like I assume when somebody who claims to be an insider is usually just some nerd who is simply full of s**t.

And double agent is really a strong word to use when describing what Skye is. She's a conspiracy nut who joined up with some conspiracy nut group and suddenly found herself as a consultant for Shield. Double Agent doesn't really fit. More like an accidental mole who's too naive to realize her recruitment was all according to plan.

Spider-Woman, is not the only double agent ever. She's not even the only double agent SHIELD has ever had. It's just a big unfounded leap to assume it's her. And Jessica Jones is an even bigger one cuz she's NEVER been an agent of SHIELD or Double agent for anything for that matter.

Either way, once she starts exhibiting super powers, then we'll talk. Right now, she's just some chick who is being double manipulated by two secret organizations.

Occam's Razor and all that.

Last edited:
There has been discussion on who she might be in the Skye thread.

yep and we can use that thread to discuss who or what she is

closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95