Is the cure more "Sinister" than we suspect? (Spoilers)

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Does anyone know who exactly develped the "cure" for mutants in the X-Men movies? In the trailer Beast mentions it was developed by a "major pharmaceutical company" and Mystique claims that a mutant developed the cure? I wonder if an X villain, someone "sinister" is behind this "cure"?

It's developed by Worthington industries and Dr. Kavita Rao.

The source of the cure is a mutant: Leech.

The Overlord said:
Does anyone know who exactly develped the "cure" for mutants in the X-Men movies? In the trailer Beast mentions it was developed by a "major pharmaceutical company" and Mystique claims that a mutant developed the cure? I wonder if an X villain, someone "sinister" is behind this "cure"?

One can only hope, but Sinister only dabbles in the advancement of the Mutant race and it would be a complete 180 from his character to come up with a "cure."

Apocalypse on the other hand, wouldn't be as much of a reach.

That could be putted in the stremalines. Inbetween the main plot, just as sublime as kowing Jean Grey didn't died in X2. Could've be done, it's just a matter of putting it well.

DonnyLebeau said:
One can only hope, but Sinister only dabbles in the advancement of the Mutant race and it would be a complete 180 from his character to come up with a "cure."

Apocalypse on the other hand, wouldn't be as much of a reach.

Actually there was Marvel novel in the 1990s where Sinister developed a cure for the US governemnt and used it as an excuse to get access to mutant DNA samples and create super mutants in secret.

MoiBijou said:
It's developed by Worthington industries and Dr. Kavita Rao.

The source of the cure is a mutant: Leech.

Now who is this "Dr. Kavita Rao", is that name a alias?

That cure is not permanent and it's not just an 'cure'. We can hope it is something more terrible than this. In a long way period we can discover this.

That weird indian doctor lady with the raspy voice made it.

Wesyeed said:
I ABSOLUTELY loe that description of Kavita Rao :p

Hm, Dr. Kavita Rao... Remeber that Sinister is a shapeshifter as well...

Just in case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kavita_Rao

But nothing makes impossible Sinister being putted somehow, cameo or whatever.

PS: John Whedom created the character :)

Cyan said:
Hm, Dr. Kavita Rao... Remeber that Sinister is a shapeshifter as well...

Just in case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kavita_Rao

But nothing makes impossible Sinister being putted somehow, cameo or whatever.

PS: John Whedom created the character :)

Well in the comics Rao worked for aliens called the Ord and helped them to try and take over the world. Now aliens wouldn't work in the movies, but how much of a strech is it say she works for some Earth based villain.

Wesyeed said:

Yeah that's Dina Araz from 24 season 4, for all you Jack Bauer fans.

No. No Mr. Sinister . . .

I'd like to see Sinister...but not heavily keen on the cure part. He could be badass though :) but hey...if there's an x4..yay..but for now, I doubt it.

Tony Stark said:
Yeah that's Dina Araz from 24 season 4, for all you Jack Bauer fans.

Haha i was like ummm no that's Shoreh Aghdashloo? But I forgot that's her characters name.

BMM said:
No. No Mr. Sinister . . .

I;m using the word "Sinister" in more than one way, what I really want to know is more than meets the eye regarding this cure?

The Overlord said:
I;m using the word "Sinister" in more than one way, what I really want to know is more than meets the eye regarding this cure?

I thought you simply meant to imply that Mister Sinister was somehow behind the cure, especially when you said an "X-villain, someone 'sinister.'" I didn't realize there was more to you implication.

BMM said:
I thought you simply meant to imply that Mister Sinister was somehow behind the cure, especially when you said an "X-villain, someone 'sinister.'" I didn't realize there was more to you implication.

I was making a pun, the real question is the cure just part of some larger agenda?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"