Is there something wrong with the Snyderverse?

Just bring in a company that edits trailers and have them do the work on Star Wars. It worked for WB.

Also those Rogue One stories are still just rumors. Similar to all the rumors about BvS and SS being a mess behind the scenes. Lets not assume that these rumors are true...at least until we've seen the film.

Agreed. I think it be great.

BvS had been finished for some time before it hit theaters. The fact that Justice League began filming while it was in theaters is wholly irrelevant. It's like complaining about Star Wars Episode VIII and Rogue One being in production at the same time. Different people are working on these films.

It was finished, yes, but they didn't know how good it was going to do. That only becomes known when you actually release it. Its not a matter of different people, its a matter of "knowing whether the foundation your building actually works before you build stuff on top of it."

Star Wars is actually a better comparison than you think, because its also a case of going all-in: Disney assumed that Star Wars would be such a hit that it would support tons of movies, and that the success or failure of TFA was unimportant for deciding whether to do Rogue One. As it turns out, they were right. WB's position with the DCEU is much more dubious.

Just bring in a company that edits trailers and have them do the work on Star Wars. It worked for WB.

Also those Rogue One stories are still just rumors. Similar to all the rumors about BvS and SS being a mess behind the scenes. Lets not assume that these rumors are true...at least until we've seen the film.

Plus, there's a certain fundamental difference: The Force Awakened *actually was* a huge success. Assuming success will happen when the prior movie broke 2 billion is not exactly unreasonable.

( And even then, Rogue One had a full year between TFA and its own release, which means it has a lot more room to maneuver than the DCEU. )

Nearly three years passed between the release of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. So because Justice League is arriving 18 months later (when BvS had been done for a year prior), now everything is moving hyper-fast? Please. The "other guys" haven't exactly operated at a snail's pace.

I don't think WB ever contemplated replacing Zack. If they weren't happy with him they wouldn't allow him to not only direct JL but be involved in the other DC products.
As for the pace, another reason I applaud Zack for BvS is because he and Chris had to come up with a good idea for the story so fast and changing it from a Superman sequel into a JL launching point wasn't what they wanted; but they somehow made it work and create a brilliant film...at least in my opinion.

It too late for Wb to get rid of Zack Snyder for JL because they already hire him for it before Batman vs Superman come out. They silly and should have waited to see reception first.

It too late for Wb to get rid of Zack Snyder for JL because they already hire him for it before Batman vs Superman come out. They silly and should have waited to see reception first.

I think you said exactly the same thing a page ago.

I don't think WB ever contemplated replacing Zack. If they weren't happy with him they wouldn't allow him to not only direct JL but be involved in the other DC products.
As for the pace, another reason I applaud Zack for BvS is because he and Chris had to come up with a good idea for the story so fast and changing it from a Superman sequel into a JL launching point wasn't what they wanted; but they somehow made it work and create a brilliant film...at least in my opinion.

A lot of people don't seem to understand that. If they were genuinely displeased with what Zack has done, and is doing, he would have been ixnayed from the ranks — even if they had to eat the difference.

Zack's visuals are fantastic and it'll be sad to see him go if Justice League is really going to be his last film. Speaking for myself, and myself only, I'd like to see him direct Man of Steel 2.

A lot of people don't seem to understand that. If they were genuinely displeased with what Zack has done, and is doing, he would have been ixnayed from the ranks — even if they had to eat the difference.

[/I].

Not exactly. Firing Zack Snyder so close to production would have been catastrophic for the studio especially considering they're at risk of a buyout. That fact alone is likely why he still has a job. If they had more financial leeway, he would have been axed.

Not exactly. Firing Zack Snyder so close to production would have been catastrophic for the studio especially considering they're at risk of a buyout. That fact alone is likely why he still has a job. If they had more financial leeway, he would have been axed.

It's already been pointed out that buyouts can be more costly than seeing projects through to their completion.

Again, you're assuming they would have "axed" Zack. And that's all it is: an assumption.

No, it isn't.

LoL Thanx

Zack's visuals are fantastic and it'll be sad to see him go if Justice League is really going to be his last film. Speaking for myself, and myself only, I'd like to see him direct Man of Steel 2.

I loved BvS and I saw so much growth with Zack as a director. But I must say I don't want him to do another Superman movie MOSTLY because I would love to see a different take from a different director. I like gownthese tent pole movies allow different captains to sail the ship.

Last edited:
No, it isn't.

Yes it is. Post about why Snyder not fired. I give reason why. You are wrong and just being off topic too lol.

Agreed. That the way likely is.

Last edited:
Plus, there's a certain fundamental difference: The Force Awakened *actually was* a huge success. Assuming success will happen when the prior movie broke 2 billion is not exactly unreasonable.

( And even then, Rogue One had a full year between TFA and its own release, which means it has a lot more room to maneuver than the DCEU. )

The difference is, it seems, that TFA and Rogue One are very different movies in tone, and with the success of TFA Disney want to mould Rogue One back into that tone and that's causing a lot of running around behind the scenes.

Think about this, JJ had a finished cut of TFA 4 months prior to release. Rogue One is currently doing reshoots and just starting the music score with another music director. It took Hans Zimmer 2 years of his life to do the score for each of DC movies he worked on.

Snyder for me is a visualist not a story teller. Give him a good script (dawn of the dead) and he'll deliver a good movie, but when he tries to tell a story himself he falls flat on his face (sucker punch) IMO.

For me his DC films thus far have been atrocious, but I think WB are just as much to blame as Snyder himself, what with their ever changing ideas about tone and the chopping and changing that was done on the BvS theatrical cut (and possibly SS).
Don't try to keep up with marvel but rather go at your own pace and make the best movies possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"