Is this the right time to introduce the team-up?

Let me remind you, Captain America was not established, he just woke up in the present day world towards the end scene of his movie. Thor was not established, he went back to Asgard before the rest of the world reacted to his presence on Earth.

I meant established in the sense of them knowing who they were and having been used to doing what they did best. Thor was already a warrior of several centuries worth and had many adventures on his own before coming back to Earth for the events of Thor.

Captain America was proven to be a legend in his time before being wakened up in the present.

I meant established in the sense of them knowing who they were and having been used to doing what they did best. Thor was already a warrior of several centuries worth and had many adventures on his own before coming back to Earth for the events of Thor.

Captain America was proven to be a legend in his time before being wakened up in the present.

Exactly. We haven't seen superman winning the trust of the people. N they regard him as their hero. The theme hasn't fulfilled yet. :(

NO Batman!!! Damnit!!!

The time is MORE than right.

Superman: The Movie
Superman 2
Superman 3
Superman 4: The Quest for Peace
Superman Returns
Man of Steel

Batman '66 (if you count that)
Batman '89
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knights Rises

How many movies do you 'need' before bringing DC's most iconic characters together.

Well is that really relevant since there is only one movie in this universe so far. Sorry to the few fans of GL movie but it doesn't count.

I don't like the idea because I want to see Batman reboot first. I don't want that new Batman is introduced in a Superman movie.

But to have a rookie Superman with a fully matured Batman just sounds unappealing to me. I don't want Batman schooling Superman in what is supposedly his own sequel.

This story may take place after MOS.
By then superman would have more experienced.Anyway this great news.

This story may take place after MOS.
By then superman would have more experienced.Anyway this great news.

I think it's a bad idea now.
I wanna see the joy when superman finally has won the trust of the people. N they don't regard him as an alien but a hero.
The theme of MOS has not fulfilled. Damnit!!!

Is it the right time is a bit like asking how long's a piece of string. Ultimately the answer is we don't know. Personally I wanted to see a Superman sequel before Batman was introduced, because I feel there's too many elements from MoS that need addressing first and foremost like the aftermath of the Zod invasion, Clark coming to grips with having taken a life, his role at the Daily Planet, and the reaction from people like Lex Luthor to Superman. I don't know how you address all of that whilst having Batman in and amongst it all.

Just have Batman come in and slap Superman around telling him he needs to get over himself. Then Superman becomes who he is because of the guidance that is the awesomeness of Batman.

Is it the right time is a bit like asking how long's a piece of string. Ultimately the answer is we don't know. Personally I wanted to see a Superman sequel before Batman was introduced, because I feel there's too many elements from MoS that need addressing first and foremost like the aftermath of the Zod invasion, Clark coming to grips with having taken a life, his role at the Daily Planet, and the reaction from people like Lex Luthor to Superman. I don't know how you address all of that whilst having Batman in and amongst it all.

Agree. Batman is another iconic figure and can't be made as a supporting role!
I had all the great hope for MOS2 and now it worries me... again.
Sigh...

I hate this idea so much. Superman needs time to grow as a hero, especially when you consider what went down in MoS. Do the people even know to call Clark "Superman," or do they only know him as Kal-El? Ugh, what a misstep...

I think Batman/Bruce will be part of that narrative. But I wonder about the screen time each important character will be getting, especially in that narrative. And especially if Lex is to be depicted as Superman's greatest enemy, a la the Joker in TDK.

Hot off the heels of the Dark Knight trilogy. And a very sucessful MOS debut this is a good time.

If Christian Bale was Batman again it would cause more hype than it's already doing.

To those who say that Superman needs to evolve as a hero compared to a seasoned Batman, quite frankly the GA isn't going to care regardless. Personally I'm not too worried about it either as long as a good story is going to be told. And Lex Luthor doesn't need to have an origin story either. The idea of Batman investigating Metropolis and also suspecting Luthor's activities could also come into play.

However if it's said that Batman and Superman gets into a fight Kal is initially going to have the upper hand as Kryptonite has yet to be introduced. Let's say Lex makes the discovery while creating Metallo or something.

Last edited:
I think, given the events of MAN OF STEEL, it's as good a time as any, because it makes sense in the conext of the story. A superhero will be coming out of the shadows, and Batman is going to have issues with that, on multiple levels. Bruce's potential involvement in the story is obvious. The pieces are there for a fantastic story. And the themes they're going to be exploring throughout their shared DC universe, and likely in JUSTICE LEAGUE are taking shape.

Well at least Snyder has the chance of now joining the Salkinds in the list of people who have created and destroyed Superman in the same time; kind of like the NWO of wrestling to Superman's franchise.lol

I don't think he'd sabotage someone else's Superman movie. And it'd be hard to pass up an opportunity to bring Batman to life. I think it's too soon, but if I were in that situation, I might not have the maturity to say no to a classic team-up.

the way i see it, Snyder & Co. might go the New 52 route with the likes of Superman, Batman, etc.

before the Justice League was formed a lot of these characters are seen as menaces and unneeded vigilantes, not as heroes. my guess is that Batman at first might see Superman as a menace and vice-versa. 3rd act they come together to stop a common enemy which will most likely be Luthor, and it is not until the eventual Justice League film that the majority of the public comes to accept these characters because of how they saved the world.

There is no reason it can't be the right time. There is a clear reason for Bruce Wayne to be in Metropolis after the destruction. The main characters in MoS work at a newspaper so there is good cause for them to have interest in Wayne coming to Metropolis and to also discuss the recent appearances of a "bat" in Gotham City.

So, like with any movie it all depends on a good story that contains its own since of logic.

what better way to introduce the new Batman than in a Superman film? people are already familiar with Batman so no point in redoing an origin. i am sure that this new film will still be more focused on Superman with Batman having a large supporting role and getting people amped up for Justice League. then Batman can go back to having his own set of new solo films.

YES and YES. :up:

Is this the right time to introduce the team up?

I say if you have to ask, then it probably isn't.

why does he need a solo sequel before meeting Batman?

Thor/Cap/Hulk didn't get sequels before the Avengers.

You make a really good point, and now you must leave this thread, as logic has no place ( at least for some) in here! Lol.

Well at least Snyder has the chance of now joining the Salkinds in the list of people who have created and destroyed Superman in the same time; kind of like the NWO of wrestling to Superman's franchise.lol

Get a grip. At least wait until the movie comes out before crying us a river because Snyder/ Goyer have in your opinion destroyed Superman!

Just have Batman come in and slap Superman around telling him he needs to get over himself. Then Superman becomes who he is because of the guidance that is the awesomeness of Batman.

Superman: And in receiving the key to our fine city, I would just like to thank the one man who taught me how to be a hero...

spectator interrupts YOUR DAD? FROM KRYPTON?

Superman: he seemed a nice guy as an AI, but no I'd like to thank...

another interruption YOUR EARTH PARENTS????

Superman: no my earth dad suggested I let you all die to stay hidden.

No. The person who made me the shining light and hope for justice.... Batman, I salute you.

*stunned silence*

It is really all in the execution. If done right, it can be great. As far as showing origins, the 89 Batman made it clear it wasn't necessary. We were able to learn from the other characters that there had been sightings of "the bat". While Batman had its problems it wasn't about not having the origin.

For those of you who like MoS but are worried about Batman being in the film, consider the list of things you want to see in the sequel. For me i want to see:

Clark figuring out his role a man at the Daily Planet and a Superman in the skies of Metropolis and the rest of the world.

Clark dealing with the aftermath of the battle with Zod.

Clark becoming the beacon of hope he is meant to be.

Lex Luthor taking the stage as the "real hero" of Metropolis while trying to figure out what "the alien is up to."

I could go on but I will just get to the point of making this list; Does the appearance of Batman do anything to stop those things from being achieved?

For me the answer takes me back to where I started....it is all in the execution.

There is no brighter beacon of hope than that which is contrasted to darkness...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"