Guardians of the Galaxy Where's the love for NOVA???

Personally I find Nova way more interesting than GL especially with the new 52 GL.

Nova, Quasar, Mar-vell - hell, I wanna see them all, truth be told. I think of them standing alongside the GotG on-screen with some kind of crazy galaxy backdrop behind them and I think it would be awesome (even more awesome if you then mentally transplant the Doug Jones/Larry Fishburne Silver Silver in there).

Last edited:
I actually wish Marvel got Surfer n Galactus back instead of Daredevil.... Silver Surfer in the MCU would be 10x cooler then Daredevil!!

I actually wish Marvel got Surfer n Galactus back instead of Daredevil.... Silver Surfer in the MCU would be 10x cooler then Daredevil!!

Daredevil would be cool....if Marvel Studios just used him. Right now, this two films per year strategy means that a whole buttload of great characters are just sitting on the shelf, permanently gathering dust. If MS had gotten the FF, Surfer and Galactus back, it's likely that they'd meet the same fate.

^ what, you mean they probably wouldn't be used in film? Wasn't it you who said that they were trying to get the rights back to use them in GotG? With that being said, if marvel got them back, doesn't that leave the possiblity of them being used in like, a sequel?

^ what, you mean they probably wouldn't be used in film? Wasn't it you who said that they were trying to get the rights back to use them in GotG? With that being said, if marvel got them back, doesn't that leave the possiblity of them being used in like, a sequel?

I'm sure the MS release schedule would have changed quickly if they got the FF (and auxiliaries) rights back, but I'm just not sure how much of a fast track they would've (or could've) put on the First Family or on Galactus/Surfer. *Something* major would have been pushed to the backburner with such a huge move, that's for sure.

Getting Surfer would be brilliant, but not going to happen.

Back on topic - I'd be happy with Eddie Redmayne as Nova.

Someones previous idea of Garrett Hedlund would be perfect for Nova IMO, he looks like Richard Rider, has acted like him in some movies and is the right age as well, havent seen a better suggestion yet personally.

Daredevil would be cool....if Marvel Studios just used him. Right now, this two films per year strategy means that a whole buttload of great characters are just sitting on the shelf, permanently gathering dust. If MS had gotten the FF, Surfer and Galactus back, it's likely that they'd meet the same fate.

Yeah I get that.... But I think Surfer and Galactus would have found themselves back on the big screen sooner rather then later, since Marvel is going cosmic.

In Daredevils case, I think a good way to re-introduce him would be in Ant-man. Especially if they go with Scott Lang, since his prone to getting himself in trouble. He might just end up needing a lawyer, hence awesome Matt Murdock cameo. That could essentially help DD chances at getting his solo.

I have to admit though, I'm looking forward to FF and X-Men being in the same reality if that's what Fox is planning. I think they could finally address the topic that has always plagued Marvel. Mutants vs Superheroes, is there a difference? Having the most popular superhero family in the X-Men world could be real interesting, and with Josh Trank at the helm, I'll give FF a shot.

And about Nova, do u guys think they might introduce Sam Alexander as Nova?? I know some might not like this idea, but Sam has been given precedence over Rider, on TV and comics, recently. Could Marvel decide to follow Sam's journey on becoming Nova. And have Rider being this legendary figure. Essentially Rider gets built up as the legend, with Sam trying to live up to it.

Someones previous idea of Garrett Hedlund would be perfect for Nova IMO, he looks like Richard Rider, has acted like him in some movies and is the right age as well, havent seen a better suggestion yet personally.

I'm liking it - in fact, I'm liking it so much that I'd feel a Nova manip of Hedlund from Tron:Legacy coming on, if I could use Photoshop.

^^^Following on from the above (last image isnt by me, by the way - found it on Google images):-

Peter_Quill_Earth-616_from_Avengers_Assemble_Vol_2_6_page_00_zpsd62105da.jpg

I'm liking it - in fact, I'm liking it so much that I'd feel a Nova manip of Hedlund from Tron:Legacy coming on, if I could use Photoshop.

^^^Following on from the above (last image isnt by me, by the way - found it on Google images):-

Peter_Quill_Earth-616_from_Avengers_Assemble_Vol_2_6_page_00_zpsd62105da.jpg

Isnt that Hedlund as Star-Lord? I personally think he would be a better Richard Rider/Nova.

I believe Hedlund was in the running for SL at one point though, but has now dropped out to do Tron 3.

People assumed he was out because they greenlit Tron 3.

Isnt that Hedlund as Star-Lord? I personally think he would be a better Richard Rider/Nova.

I believe Hedlund was in the running for SL at one point though, but has now dropped out to do Tron 3.

Ooops, you're absolutely right - i dropped a real clanger there; with Hedlund in the running for SL maybe it was a subliminal boo-boo on my part.

Ooops, you're absolutely right - i dropped a real clanger there; with Hedlund in the running for SL maybe it was a subliminal boo-boo on my part.

Ha ha, it happens BB, done before myself, dont think he would be a bad Star Lord at all, just think he would make a better Nova.

*Semi-*official.
Let's wait for a more credible source than AICN rumors.

But yes, it helps Nova's cause. Not just wishlisting anymore. :)

The hard part will come in convincing Marvel Studios to make sure to use Richard Rider instead of Jeph Loeb's teenage cartoon character....

Its not official, but its a nice rumour to hear nontheless. The Nova Corps are pretty essential to the cosmic side of Marvel, especially during the last few years, and obviously Richard Rider was a big part of that as well.

RR has to be the human Nova definately, never read or wanted to read about the new guy who has replaced him.

I wouldn't be surprised if richard didn't show up yet. Two humans in space?

Idk, in a movie trhat's essentially about space, it seems a bit premature

It was fully expected, by me at least.

Lol fine its not official.. But I'm sure we will atleast get Nova Corps in the film and that's fine with me!!

I think it would be awesome if they just have an integral part in the film not necessarily a big part, but just have an opportunity to show them off as this badass crew, leaving people wanting more from them!

That would make it soooo much easier for a Nova film to be made with RR in Phase Three!

Has it been made official that Nova or at leasst the Nova Corps will be in the film?

^It probably wont be for some time, and thats even if he/they are in it. I hope they are of course as I love Nova.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"