Guardians of the Galaxy Where's the love for NOVA???

sooo...much..quoting lmao. But yeah I did it all before. I can just be a selective speaker. I agree Nova would take on Ironman. I kinda just sort of verbally went for the MCU characters.

and oh by the way, now that this has been established, from here on out, I WILL refer to you as "dad" every time I have a conversation with you..starting now.

well..starting next post

"My mother, my Uncle, is that who made me? Am I just a piece of rotten fruit from my family tree? What will the future hold, who knows? All I know, is my family grows." -A Poem by Stan Brule

Thanks Son!

So who do you think would be a good actor to play Richard Rider and the Xanarian Worldmind? (if they make an appearance in the movie)

For Worldmind, Peter Cullen (voice of Optimus Prime) or David Bowie (for some odd reason)

For Nova, Scott Porter or Garrett Hedlund.

Scott Porter as Nova:

ScottPorterasNova_zpsa9d9ebe6.jpg

Garrett Hedlund as Nova:

tumblr_marel5cia31rwf964o1_r1_500.jpg
garrett-hedlund-2-magazine.jpg

Last edited:
"My mother, my Uncle, is that who made me? Am I just a piece of rotten fruit from my family tree? What will the future hold, who knows? All I know, is my family grows." -A Poem by Stan Brule

Thanks Son!

So who do you think would be a good actor to play Richard Rider and the Xanarian Worldmind? (if they make an appearance in the movie)

For Worldmind, Peter Cullen (voice of Optimus Prime) or David Bowie (for some odd reason)

For Nova, Scott Porter or Garrett Hedlund.

Scott Porter as Nova:

ScottPorterasNova_zpsa9d9ebe6.jpg

Garrett Hedlund as Nova:

tumblr_marel5cia31rwf964o1_r1_500.jpg
garrett-hedlund-2-magazine.jpg

Geeze...its tough, casting is always very difficult. I would possibly say Chris Pine? Maybe? :x

But Peter Cullen? I'm not sure haha. I mean, as you said, Peter Cullen = Optimus Prime, it would be sort of odd hear is voice in a marvel movie lol

Garret has also been my choice for the role... he always gives a good performance and he can really make Nova a easily likeable character.

as for Worldmind... Maybe Liam Neeson hahah i can dream...

Geeze...its tough, casting is always very difficult. I would possibly say Chris Pine? Maybe? :x

Chris Pine would be good but I feel his place is as young Capt. Kirk. Yeah, Pine can play that cocky risk taking leader, who knows how to take down any foe by their weaknesses alone but it might be to repetitive of a career choice for him. If he would take the Rider role, I'd only see a young Capt. Kirk on screen (all cuz of the space setting too).

Also, like Scott Porter, they're too old for the role.

But Peter Cullen? I'm not sure haha. I mean, as you said, Peter Cullen = Optimus Prime, it would be sort of odd hear is voice in a marvel movie lol

If he uses his O-Prime voice, it'll be epic! However he is a very skilled voice actor who can do a wide range of different voices and tones. O-Prime is his most famous. However my dream is that they have him re-dub the Planet Earth documentary with his O-Prime voice.

Also, I only said David Bowie as an inside joke. Idk if you watch Venture Bros but he's the brains of "The Guild of Calamitous Intent" who control the world. Therefore "brains" as in "Worldmind."

Garret has also been my choice for the role... he always gives a good performance and he can really make Nova a easily likeable character.

Deff agree, Nova would be a role for him to make up from the terrible Tron movie he starred in. His performance was really good (the beginning scene) but the entire climax (plot wise) to the movie sucked imo. It felt like the ending to Tron, ripped off Star Wars: New Hope.

as for Worldmind... Maybe Liam Neeson hahah i can dream...

Honestly, that would be a bada** voice for Worldmind. However to use him as just a voice actor would kind of be a waste of his talents (a little) but yes, one can dream...

Wait, his optimus prime voice isn't his natural speaking voice?

Damn have I been fooled

(sorry, I screwed up quoting lol)

Wait, his optimus prime voice isn't his natural speaking voice?

Damn have I been fooled

(sorry, I screwed up quoting lol)

OMG Hahaha! That would get out of hand, if that was his normal voice. He can pull of multiple types of voices and would be perfect for Worldmind. He's even a Space Sci-Fi fanboy. He'd love the role.

He's normal voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUJYqfwOBm0

In the 80s he also did the voices for Hulk, Mysterio and Red Skull.

OMG Hahaha! That would get out of hand, if that was his normal voice. He can pull of multiple types of voices and would be perfect for Worldmind. He's even a Space Sci-Fi fanboy. He'd love the role.

He's normal voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUJYqfwOBm0

In the 80s he also did the voices for Hulk, Mysterio and Red Skull.

WOW I had no idea, then okay that can work. I had NO IDRA

Hedlund isnt a bad choice at all, in fact I think he would be perfect for the role, can act, has done physical roles and has the look, would be very happy if he was cast as Nova.

Hedlund isnt a bad choice at all, in fact I think he would be perfect for the role, can act, has done physical roles and has the look, would be very happy if he was cast as Nova.

Best part is, he's the perfect age for the role too. He looks the age of a rookie if he makes an appearance in the Guardians movie then as time goes on until they make a Nova movie, he'll still look the age to play the mature Rider. He's perfect because he can grow with the role.

If you get Porter or Pine, they'll look way to old once the Nova movie hits.

Hope springs eternal.

Still just rumor 'n' spec right now, but BleedingCool has an interesting interview in which it's revealed that Marvel Comics are downsizing their hardcover line to "only titles that figure prominently into the Marvel Cinematic Universe Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, Uncanny Avengers, and Indestructible Hulk."

Nova
Nova
NOVA
NOVA

:yay:

So Marvel basically admits that Nova is part of the MCU, right there. QED.

Best part is, he's the perfect age for the role too. He looks the age of a rookie if he makes an appearance in the Guardians movie then as time goes on until they make a Nova movie, he'll still look the age to play the mature Rider. He's perfect because he can grow with the role.

If you get Porter or Pine, they'll look way to old once the Nova movie hits.

Agreed, he still looks the same as he did in Tron:Legacy, and he was a a lot like RR/Nova in that, I think he could go from the rookie to hardened warrior look over the course of a few movies.

Hope springs eternal.

Still just rumor 'n' spec right now, but BleedingCool has an interesting interview in which it's revealed that Marvel Comics are downsizing their hardcover line to "only titles that figure prominently into the Marvel Cinematic Universe Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, Uncanny Avengers, and Indestructible Hulk."

Nova
Nova
NOVA
NOVA

Just read this, not a confirmation at all, but an indication they have ideas for Nova, I personally couldnt be happier, have been a big fan since Annihilation.

Hope springs eternal.

Nova
Nova
NOVA
NOVA

Lol I don't why I'm so excited but I am!!! This has to be a good sign for Nova!

Hope springs eternal.

Nova
Nova
NOVA
NOVA

I'm all for Nova being in the MCU, but I couldn't find that quote anywhere, cherokeesam.

Have you got a link?

Except that Nova is ****ing Sam Alexander.

Except that Nova is ****ing Sam Alexander.

If/when Nova makes it into the MCU, we don't know if it would be Sam or Richard.

I'm going to say, apropos of nothing, that the fact that the animated version of Nova in the current kiddified Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is Rider gives me hope.

If/when Nova makes it into the MCU, we don't know if it would be Sam or Richard.

I'm going to say, apropos of nothing, that the fact that the animated version of Nova in the current kiddified Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is Rider gives me hope.

It's Sam f***ing Alexander... My niece loves loves that show, but she even she says that Sam is a dukee... Sam is giving Nova a bad rep amongst the younglings..

I wouldn't mind if they made it Richard Rider and just changed his name to Sam Alexander...cause, you know...Dick Rider?

I'm not expecting Nova to be in this film. Don't know if I want him exposed to the movieverse as a secondary character. This movie could help establish the Nova Corps as an entity, and if this does well enough, allows them to pursue a Nova movie headlined by Richard Rider, but I'd rather wait and see than shoehorning him here into GotG.

I'm not expecting Nova to be in this film. Don't know if I want him exposed to the movieverse as a secondary character. This movie could help establish the Nova Corps as an entity, and if this does well enough, allows them to pursue a Nova movie headlined by Richard Rider, but I'd rather wait and see than shoehorning him here into GotG.

I think theres a way that they could do it, without it feeling forced, as Nova does fit within the mythos of the Guardians to an extent. It wont come off so random as Hawkeye in Thor.

Definitely agree that Nova needs his own film, but he needs a little more awareness amongst the general audience. Sure the GA might not know who the GOTG are but there is some certainly some built up excitement and when the first trailer drops for the film i think that will only boost the excitement.
The Team element, the talking Raccoon, the sheer awesome fun ride that GOTG will bring will certainly get many people invested into going to watch it, so why not take advantage of this and find away to get Nova in the story or atleast the Nova Corps like you say, so there is that familiarity with the character once he gets his own film?

Yeah, I think Guardians would be the way to launch a Nova movie. If not, then people will think it's just a Green Lantern rip-off, which Nova is, but it'd be a GOOD GL rip-off. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"