Is this worth the purchase?

DarKJediKnight

Civilian
Reaction score
I have no idea where to put this very simple question. Is the movie Unbreakable worth the purchase? I really want to watch this film, but I don't know if I want it to be in my collection. Normally I would rent the film first then I'll decide If I want to purchase it after, but when I went to my local video rental shop it is no longer available.

Unbreakable?

Absolutely. A movie that gets better everytime you watch it.

Thanks man. Tell me in what vein is this film based on my collection:

Star Wars (epic adventure/scifi/fantasy)
The Matrix Trilogy (philosophical/scifi/action)
Bourne Trilogy/James Bond (Dalton's and Brosnan's)/Taken (spy/agent/action)
Batman Begins/The Dark Knight (crime/superhero)
The Negotiator (crime/suspense)
Transformers (1)/The Island/Armageddon/ID4/Stealth (popcorn action flick)
Minority Report (crime/scifi)
Gladiator (epic/"sword-and-sandals")
Indiana Jones Trilogy/The Mummy/The Mummy Returns (adventure/fantasy)
Jurassic Park (scifi/suspense)
Wall-E (animated/scifi/kid)

Hmm... It's not a great deal like any of them but if i had to choose i'd say it was most similar to Batman Begins/The Dark Knight in the sense that it's a moody, slow paced, ultra-realistic superhero origin story (of sorts) with a muted colour palette of steely blues and earthy browns... It also has a very nice foreboding James Newton Howard score.

In terms of slow, is it more like BB/TDK or Shawshank/Schindler? I also like the last two films I've mentioned.

I think you should find it appealing. i see it more as a drama /thriller that uses comic lore in an interesting way.

It is one of my all time favorites. I can watch it over and over and never get bored. Though I am a big fan of the director. Bruce Willis and Samual Jackson are so amazing in this movie. It is really to bad the next two he wanted to make didn't happen.

Not for me. The idea was great but it is simply over-stretched and the final suprise twist doesn't make one bit of a sense. There are some comic book concept descriptions (like the way heroes and viulliains are usualy drawn) that sound less than basic. But if it's a good deal then judge by yourself.

It would be a no for me as well. Again, great idea, pretty poorly written, with a plot that just plods along, and a sense of superheroism which is more bland and stale than anything else. I found that it ended up being a movie filled with cool Sam Jackson scenes and little else.

Not for me. The idea was great but it is simply over-stretched and the final suprise twist doesn't make one bit of a sense. There are some comic book concept descriptions (like the way heroes and viulliains are usualy drawn) that sound less than basic. But if it's a good deal then judge by yourself.
I concur. I hope "Kickass" does a better job with the whole "Real Life Superhero" concept.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back