Superman Returns Is WB cheating on youtube to push DVD sales???

Kid_Kaos

Clark's Pal
Reaction score
There's an interesting article online, made by a guy named Shmuel Tennenhaus, who describes a possible fraud by WB to promote SR in a bigger scale than it was actually received by the public.

But, just read it yourself and watch his video statement:
http://www.costpernews.com/?p=102

Interesting, isn't it? After all the praising of "how well" the movie did, why in god's name is WB suddenly so desperate to promote the DVD with such a lame method? After all, it's Superman!

Is it just a coincidence or yet another indicator for "how well" the movie really did?

:super:

And SR fans: Feel free to go all Wrath Of Singer on me! :woot:

Kid_Kaos said:
There's an interesting article online, made by a guy named Shmuel Tennenhaus, who describes a possible fraud by WB to promote SR in a bigger scale than it was actually received by the public.

But, just read it yourself and watch his video statement:
http://www.costpernews.com/?p=102

Interesting, isn't it? After all the praising of "how well" the movie did, why in god's name is WB suddenly so desperate to promote the DVD with such a lame method? After all, it's Superman!

Is it just a coincidence or yet another indicator for "how well" the movie really did?

:super:

And SR fans: Feel free to go all Wrath Of Singer on me! :woot:

This is so lame it's ridiculous. This guy really digs his YOUTUBE stuff doesn't he? I mean, who really cares if the WB created accounts and made SUPERMAN RETURNS DVD as their favorite channel? What if they asked some employees to do it on their own time? It's a friggin' video website, it's not going to bolster the DVD sales much at all if any. It's not "fraud". It's not illegal, it's not a big deal. It's just that this guy has a lot of time on his hands. SUPERMAN RETURNS will do very well on DVD. The movie made close to 400 million World Wide and 200 million Domestically. The film has been a financial and critical success. Bottom line. Did it do SPIDER-MAN numbers? No. Was it expected to? Yes...by some. But if you were realistic you'd realize that Spider-man achieved those numbers by it being the start of his franchise, not a sequel, or a new franchise. Also, it was at the very beginning of this superhero renaissances of the genre. SUPERMAN RETURNS was the 5th movie about the character....and it was still a success, and the sequel only promises to be bigger and more successful. All of this talk about it being a failure has begun to get old...because it's baseless.

I've been quiet, but it's starting to get ridiculous.

-R

It is a commonly-accepted notion in the film industry that major studios deal in "very clever" or "shady" bookeeping. To them, any film they produce will always be "in the red", regardless of its profits, large or small. Studios like WB, Universal, 20th Century Fox...the budgets for their films are all too often tied up with actors' residuals (if any), salaries for crew, home video production costs, endless promotions and licensing rights...and sometimes, they're used as ways of making sure the record-books depict the film as a failure. For example, "Superman Returns" had a budget of about $200 million, not counting promotion and marketing. It made pretty close to double that amount on a worldwide scale, but the greedy execs at WB were expecting triple or more. They expected too much; I mean, how can you really expect $500 million or more, when the last entry was 19 years ago, and it only made about half it's money back? Superman has thrived on TV for nearly 2 decades since the disaster of Part IV, and Warner was looking for a huge return (pardon the pun). That may have happened if "The Quest for Peace" hadn't bombed, but it did, and as a result, not many people really cared enough to check this entry for themselves. Just my thoughts.

I frequent Youtube for a bunch of different videos all of the time. I still don't give a crap if someone bilks the system. Youtube regularly has (knowingly or unknowingly?) various copyrighted footage. I'm a wrestling and MMA fan and I watch tons of stuff on there that they damn sure don't have the rights to. Constantly Youtube is taking videos down because of copyright infringement, but they have definite trouble monitoring everything successfully. Now they're just pissed off because one of the studio entities they've been skimming from finally turned the tables and bent them over the back of the couch for a change. Boo-f***ing-hoo.

Next someone will tell me that the beautiful woman at the club talking to me last night was working for an alcohol company and she was just trying to get me to buy her brand of beer :eek:

:o

Moviefan2k4 said:
It is a commonly-accepted notion in the film industry that major studios deal in "very clever" or "shady" bookeeping. To them, any film they produce will always be "in the red", regardless of its profits, large or small. Studios like WB, Universal, 20th Century Fox...the budgets for their films are all too often tied up with actors' residuals (if any), salaries for crew, home video production costs, endless promotions and licensing rights...and sometimes, they're used as ways of making sure the record-books depict the film as a failure. For example, "Superman Returns" had a budget of about $200 million, not counting promotion and marketing. It made pretty close to double that amount on a worldwide scale, but the greedy execs at WB were expecting triple or more. They expected too much; I mean, how can you really expect $500 million or more, when the last entry was 19 years ago, and it only made about half it's money back? Superman has thrived on TV for nearly 2 decades since the disaster of Part IV, and Warner was looking for a huge return (pardon the pun). That may have happened if "The Quest for Peace" hadn't bombed, but it did, and as a result, not many people really cared enough to check this entry for themselves. Just my thoughts.

So you're saying Superman Returns wasn't a massive blockbuster because of Superman IV almost twenty years earlier?

Most of the target audience proberbaly haven't even heard of Superman IV.

The whole idea of this is funny and ridiculous.

Youtube isn't going to push DVD sales simply because the general population either doesn't give a crap about Youtube or doesn't even know what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"