Isn`t the spider-man day idea a little problematic

Iceburgeruk

Civilian
Reaction score
Lets brush over the outsider/ feared by society aspects that is circumvents and cut to the main point.

Comic spidey might get a parade. Movie spidey wouldn`t.

Why?

Because movie spidey officially would be labelled a violent vigilante not a superhero.

The police in nyc would have at least four homicides which spider-man apparantly committed.

1) Policemen witnessed (or so they think) spider-man shoving a criminal out of a window unto his death. 2) They would have eye witness testimony from harry osborne that spiderman had been seen sneaking norman osborne`s corpse into the osborne home. 3) They would conclude that due to the disappearances of the green goblin and doctor octopuss after many public confrontations with spoiderman that he murdered them.

(Thye would be unaware of norman osborne`s secret identity and would thereby count green goblin`s disappearance as a seperate homocide. The police would thereby consider spider-man even more dangerous as there would be no rational reason as to why spiderman would attack and kill the apparantly innocent norman osborne.)

Add to this jjj`s and harry osborne`s anti-spiderman slander and the property damage caused by spider-man`s fights and you come to the conclusion that even with possible assistance from a higher up party like john jameson the chances of spidey being allowed a day of recognition are about as high as there being a minute`s silence for charles manson.

Why the police aren`t constantly trying to arrest spidey in the movies is beyond me. Fine he saved some kids in a trram and some train passengers but he`s killed 4 people. Movie Spidey should have his mug shot on america`s most wanted.

Iceburgeruk said:
1) Policemen witnessed (or so they think) spider-man shoving a criminal out of a window unto his death.

He wasn't Spider-Man then. Meaning he had not got his proper costume. He was just a kid in a wrestling outfit.

2) They would have eye witness testimony from harry osborne that spiderman had been seen sneaking norman osborne`s corpse into the osborne home.

He also has Jonah Jameson slandering him every day. But not everyone believes what they hear.

Especially when they see him save MJ and a trolley full of kids from the Goblin. Or save an old lady from Ock, and stop a speeding train from crashing to it's doom.

3) They would conclude that due to the disappearances of the green goblin and doctor octopuss after many public confrontations with spoiderman that he murdered them.

MJ can testify that he didn't kill Ock, since she had been kidnapped by Ock and witnessed what happened.

Fine he saved some kids in a trram and some train passengers but he`s killed 4 people. Movie Spidey should have his mug shot on america`s most wanted.

But there's no proof he killed 4 people.

Suspicion and accusations are not enough to convict a man. Especially when there's dozen of eye witness accounts of the good things Spidey has done.

I think that its more just his fans making a "Spider-Man Day" event to support Spidey despite people believing he was a criminal. Its not actually a holiday celebrated by the entire city.

Also it was made obvious in Spider-Man 2 that he had grown somewhat popular after we saw people saying "Take Me!" after he saved Aunt May and in other sequences similar things were said.

alot of people liked spidey as you can see in the spidey3 trailer at spiderman day. some people do not like spidey though, that is because of jjj.

Doc Ock said:
He wasn't Spider-Man then. Meaning he had not got his proper costume. He was just a kid in a wrestling outfit.

Ok fair enough.

Doc Ock said:
He also has Jonah Jameson slandering him every day. But not everyone believes what they hear.

Doesn`t really apply. Norman Osborne was dead. The manner of death implied murder, you don`t just trip down the stairs and impale yourself that violently under most normal circumstances. No doubt about that. Harry Osborne witnessed spiderman placing the corpse down and then fleeing the scene. The police would be duty bound to at least arrest spider-man for questioning.

Doc Ock said:
Especially when they see him save MJ and a trolley full of kids from the Goblin. Or save an old lady from Ock, and stop a speeding train from crashing to it's doom.

True but then the sudden unexplained disappearance of green goblin after a reported fight with spider-man would lead any police officer to assume that spider-man had stopped the green goblin permenantly. Once again the police would at least want to arrest spidey to ask some important questions.

Doc Ock said:
MJ can testify that he didn't kill Ock, since she had been kidnapped by Ock and witnessed what happened.

True.

Doc Ock said:
But there's no proof he killed 4 people.

Suspicion and accusations are not enough to convict a man. Especially when there's dozen of eye witness accounts of the good things Spidey has done.

There is proof of at least one murder and suspicion of another occuring soon after. Reguardless of wether you feed the poor or resuce a baby from a burning aeroplane if you are suspected of murdering two people the police will want to arrest you. They certainly won`t support a party being throwqn in your honor.

After spidey-3 he will prob end up having murdered a couple more villains.

Ummm....

How do I say this?....

You see, Icey, this is...

MAKE BELIEVE!!!!

(Gosh, I hope I didn't just shatter someone's illusion, there. Oh, and BTW, about Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Great Pumpkin...):woot:

he saves citizens every day
the train, the cable car, the people getting mugged
i don't think you thought this through well enough...you have to imagine the things that happened between movies and between scenes

Well all "realism" set aside.

Spider-man has no gratification, or at least shouldn't. He's a forced unrecognized super-hero who constantly tries to escape into the normal peter parker.

Its an outstanding idea actually.

Iceburgeruk said:
Lets brush over the outsider/ feared by society aspects that is circumvents and cut to the main point.

Why?

Because movie spidey officially would be labelled a violent vigilante not a superhero.

The police in nyc would have at least four homicides which spider-man apparantly committed.

1) Policemen witnessed (or so they think) spider-man shoving a criminal out of a window unto his death. 2) They would have eye witness testimony from harry osborne that spiderman had been seen sneaking norman osborne`s corpse into the osborne home. 3) They would conclude that due to the disappearances of the green goblin and doctor octopuss after many public confrontations with spoiderman that he murdered them.

(Thye would be unaware of norman osborne`s secret identity and would thereby count green goblin`s disappearance as a seperate homocide. The police would thereby consider spider-man even more dangerous as there would be no rational reason as to why spiderman would attack and kill the apparantly innocent norman osborne.)

Add to this jjj`s and harry osborne`s anti-spiderman slander and the property damage caused by spider-man`s fights and you come to the conclusion that even with possible assistance from a higher up party like john jameson the chances of spidey being allowed a day of recognition are about as high as there being a minute`s silence for charles manson.

Why the police aren`t constantly trying to arrest spidey in the movies is beyond me. Fine he saved some kids in a trram and some train passengers but he`s killed 4 people. Movie Spidey should have his mug shot on america`s most wanted.

J Jonah Jameson is on the boards posting threads?!?!

:eek:

jonahjameson.jpg

I could be wrong, but I don't think Harry ever got the police to go after Spidey. He was already in a somewhat depressed mental state, and his dad's death was probobly the icing on the cake. Instead of actually reporting it to the police, it seems like he wanted personal revenge first.

And in the case of the Goblin, a bunch of schoolchildren, MJ, and anyone watching on the streets would testify that Spidey was stopping Golbin from murdeing a bunch of people. Not only that, but they have no proof the Goblin is dead. He merely disappeared. That's casue for suspicion, yes, but they really have no proof pointing that Spidey killed him. And with the testimonials that he was a hero, they really have no reason to go after him.

And I think this would be my first post. Hi everyone.

^ welcome to the hype oooxjeremyxooo

oooxjeremyxooo said:
I could be wrong, but I don't think Harry ever got the police to go after Spidey. He was already in a somewhat depressed mental state, and his dad's death was probobly the icing on the cake. Instead of actually reporting it to the police, it seems like he wanted personal revenge first.

And in the case of the Goblin, a bunch of schoolchildren, MJ, and anyone watching on the streets would testify that Spidey was stopping Golbin from murdeing a bunch of people. Not only that, but they have no proof the Goblin is dead. He merely disappeared. That's casue for suspicion, yes, but they really have no proof pointing that Spidey killed him. And with the testimonials that he was a hero, they really have no reason to go after him.

And I think this would be my first post. Hi everyone.

welcome to the hype!

FYi.
don't let the older, crankier members get to you. They merely have wasted more time on here than you have and apparently have the right to refute anyhting you say and call you a noob.

Jubba said:
he saves citizens every day
the train, the cable car, the people getting mugged
i don't think you thought this through well enough...you have to imagine the things that happened between movies and between scenes
those citizens and other people are very thankful for spiderman saving them, even if he did not save some people they still like him. some people will still dislike spidey because of what jjj writes in the newspapers, remember in the trailer when peter pushes brock against the wall, behind him is a picture with photoshoped money which clearly is fake because brock hates spidermn and is trying to be as a good reporter as brock is, it said this, "spiderman shows his true colors". it was jjj's and eddie brocks fault for writing that in the paper.

well here are my 2 cents

if you noticed in the beggining of SM2, everyone had grown the 2 or 3 years since #1...

so maybe #3 takes place you know... 3 years later... maybe theyll have considered him good by then!

SORRY DOUBLE POST!!

the forums was slow and it wouldnt say that it was connecting to a website

SORRY TRIPPLE POST!!

the forums was slow and it wouldnt say that it was connecting to a website

Iceburgeruk said:

Why?

Dude...OJ got away with murder so why not Spider-Man :huh:

lordofthenerds said:
I think that its more just his fans making a "Spider-Man Day" event to support Spidey despite people believing he was a criminal. Its not actually a holiday celebrated by the entire city.
But what's this talk about someone giving Spider-Man a key to the city? :huh:
That somehow means it's an official celebration...

Harry has to report it to the police or he'd be a suspect himself for the suspicious death of his father...

Iceburgeruk said:
Ok fair enough.

Doesn`t really apply. Norman Osborne was dead. The manner of death implied murder, you don`t just trip down the stairs and impale yourself that violently under most normal circumstances. No doubt about that. Harry Osborne witnessed spiderman placing the corpse down and then fleeing the scene. The police would be duty bound to at least arrest spider-man for questioning.

True but then the sudden unexplained disappearance of green goblin after a reported fight with spider-man would lead any police officer to assume that spider-man had stopped the green goblin permenantly. Once again the police would at least want to arrest spidey to ask some important questions.

True.

There is proof of at least one murder and suspicion of another occuring soon after. Reguardless of wether you feed the poor or resuce a baby from a burning aeroplane if you are suspected of murdering two people the police will want to arrest you. They certainly won`t support a party being throwqn in your honor.

After spidey-3 he will prob end up having murdered a couple more villains.
At this point, Spider-Man has given enough proof that he´s a hero that most people will not think he killed Osborn. Harry has a personal obsession with it, but for the last few years people have seen Spidey save multiple lives and stop a number of crimes. Especially after the train rescue, where he saved dozens of people, and stopping Doc Ock, who was about to destroy half of NY, the public opinion perception is that he´s a hero. Other than Harry´s testimony, who´s someone involved, mentally unstable and clearly obsessed with the matter, there´s no hard evidence that Spidey killed Osborn. The cops didn´t see Spidey in the crime scene of the burglar´s death, either, so that doesn´t make him a suspect. And there´s also the simple fact that he DID NOT kill them, to begin with.

i'm not happy with the parade but this is a kids film at heart, kids need to be able to quickly identify the rise and fall of spidey's behaviour and the public's reaction to him and also to tally this with the symbiote.

I shouldn't even blame it on the fact it's a kid's film, the cartoons did it in a very adult manner (almost too adult with many of my peers missing glimpses of genius).

It's more of the fact that raimi treats his audience like silly kids that won't get it...

:mad:

silly man...

ultimatefan said:
At this point, Spider-Man has given enough proof that he´s a hero that most people will not think he killed Osborn. Harry has a personal obsession with it, but for the last few years people have seen Spidey save multiple lives and stop a number of crimes. Especially after the train rescue, where he saved dozens of people, and stopping Doc Ock, who was about to destroy half of NY, the public opinion perception is that he´s a hero. Other than Harry´s testimony, who´s someone involved, mentally unstable and clearly obsessed with the matter, there´s no hard evidence that Spidey killed Osborn. The cops didn´t see Spidey in the crime scene of the burglar´s death, either, so that doesn´t make him a suspect. And there´s also the simple fact that he DID NOT kill them, to begin with.
the burglar, norman osborn and dock died by doing something wrong themselves, the burglar died because he walked back and tripped over a bar on the floor and fell out the window, green goblin died by getting hit with the glider but harry thinks spidey killed norman.

spidey did a back flip over the glider, he did not push the glider into him, dock ock comitted scuicide by drowning himself to save new york, spidey did not kill them in a physical way, harry think spidey killed norman which was not true. the train rescue was one of the most heroic thing in peter parkers life, more and more people in new york city are really starting to like spidey.

he saved ALOT of lives and more and more people are starting to thank him for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"